Solved MCPC+ MystCraft permissions issues

Francis Baster

Jul 29, 2019
This may be a stab in the dark. But the forge version of Dynmap uses DIM_MYSTXX_XX where X is the ID. (DIM_MYST11_11)

It's probably a Dynmap only thing but it's worth a try.

I can't believe I didn't test that, I do the YMLs manually, so I'm not bPermssions command friendly. Anyways, yes I do get a complaining error. Which leads me to believe the error stems from either Mystcraft of bPermissions. You know, back were I started. I'm just really bothered by the fact that bPerm's works with all other mod dimensions aside from mystcraft. And on the same note, I'm very hesitant about switching over to PEX after some of the reviews I read. More specifically a google docs article.

And while this isn't directed at me, I would like to reply to this. While I would "love" to be on 1.6.2 (sarcasm) I have to wait for all the mods to update before I can actually bump up to that version. The last I checked (about a week ago) I was missing nearly 50 mods, at which point I gave up. (The woes of having a custom modpack.) I do not mind having a few lacking mods but at this point I would of been missing important world generation. So thus, I'm forced to be stuck with 1.5.2.

You can use Essentials' /getpos or /whois commands to verify what the name of the world they're in is called according to Bukkit. When I had this problem I verified that the name of the world I was using was correct, but bPermissions was still unable to detect that the world was loaded.

I also could select world_twilightforest no problem, but selecting any Mystcraft age would not work. I too tried to chunkload the ages on startup, but to no avail. If PEX has found a way around the problem (and no other permissions plugin will work :p) you might be best to use PEX instead. A working plugin beats a non-functioning one, after all.

Let me know how you get on, because I'll probably need to face this problem when I update to 1.6.2.

MrPotatoGaming

Jul 29, 2019
This may be a stab in the dark. But the forge version of Dynmap uses DIM_MYSTXX_XX where X is the ID. (DIM_MYST11_11) It's probably a Dynmap only thing but it's worth a try.

You can use Essentials' /getpos or /whois commands to verify what the name of the world they're in is called according to Bukkit. When I had this problem I verified that the name of the world I was using was correct, but bPermissions was still unable to detect that the world was loaded.

I also could select world_twilightforest no problem, but selecting any Mystcraft age would not work. I too tried to chunkload the ages on startup, but to no avail. If PEX has found a way around the problem (and no other permissions plugin will work :p) you might be best to use PEX instead. A working plugin beats a non-functioning one, after all.

Let me know how you get on, because I'll probably need to face this problem when I update to 1.6.2.

I tried doing what you said Cozza, to no avail, and Francis: yea twilight forest and all the other mods that I have work fine. I also tried using multi-verse for the giggles: it worked somewhat fine, it doesn't seem to like the multi-world setting, which is fine, I can just mirror. Its a bit annoying that mystcraft is just this stubborn. I'm debating on finally converting over to PEX, even if I greatly fear the thought. After reading that review I have little faith in PEX. Before I do that I'm going to take a stab at "hacking" a fix. I tried creating a folder in the bPermissions folder called "DIM_MYST2" to see if that would force some kind of over-ride, I doubted it was going to work. Also, interesting enough, errors spew in the console when I enter a mystcraft age, so I'll poke around at the error.

Oh, I just found something out, not even Multiverse reads that the ages exist. When I try to do /mv load DIM_MYST2" I get "error loading dim..." so maybe it boils down to mystcraft/mcpc?

I'm assuming that you guys may or may not be interested in the errors. I'm going to upload them to pastebin for the sake of the size of this post.

Error upon teleporting to age:
http://pastebin.com/eL8KnEuU
Error upon using bPermission command inside of age (ex: /bp reload)
http://pastebin.com/EeLX1SwJ

cjm721

Jul 29, 2019
That second error actually tells quite a bit. Its saying the world does not have a name.

MrPotatoGaming

Jul 29, 2019
Which is why I've started to assume its either MCPC or Mystcraft. Leaning towards Mystcraft seeing as MCPC + Legacy has no issue with other dimensions like Twilight Forest. I'll go ping over to IRC and see what I can learn from them. And due to this error I'm assuming that all permission plugins would have this error?

cjm721

Jul 29, 2019
Which is why I've started to assume its either MCPC or Mystcraft. Leaning towards Mystcraft seeing as MCPC + Legacy has no issue with other dimensions like Twilight Forest. I'll go ping over to IRC and see what I can learn from them. And due to this error I'm assuming that all permission plugins would have this error?

Depends on how the plugin deals with worlds. Some store by name, others by file, and some others by hashmap. Each has their advantage/disadvantage.

MrPotatoGaming

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm interesting, I ask the IRC but I'm still waiting for a reply. I guesss I'll give a gander at PEX. Even if I greatly fear the plugin it's self. Seeing as I've had some good reviews, but I will keep this thread updated with information as I get it.

Update: Sorry for the slow reply guys I'm having an issue setting up another plugin whole mess with some SSH, Linux, and dedicated server.

MrPotatoGaming

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, after finally giving up with the other plugin I finished the conversion over to PEX. Despite my fears of the horror stories people have told me about PEX I'll give it a solid try. So far it's gone flawless. The conversion went well. Its a shame that I had to give up bPerms but PEX does support mystcraft ages. Well rather, it's not so much that it "supports" rather it's "all-worlds" works better. So, for anyone who stumbles upon this thread in the future, currently: forge mods seem pretty happy to play with PEX. And converting a bPerm's permssion file isn't too terribly hard. If anyone wishes, I'll convert my permission files into an example for future users.

MrPotatoGaming

Jul 29, 2019
I've seemed to have lost the old bPermssion data, it appears like one of the server admins purged the files. Sorry about that, but if you REALLY need to see it using bPermissions, just type "/permissions import pex" and (supposing you have bPerms installed) will convert it into bPermissions format. Is a pretty easy converstion but can get slightly confusing with a signle mistake.
http://pastebin.com/YrvjmEMw

Francis Baster

Jul 29, 2019
I've seemed to have lost the old bPermssion data, it appears like one of the server admins purged the files. Sorry about that, but if you REALLY need to see it using bPermissions, just type "/permissions import pex" and (supposing you have bPerms installed) will convert it into bPermissions format. Is a pretty easy converstion but can get slightly confusing with a signle mistake.
http://pastebin.com/YrvjmEMw

I notice you have Multiverse nodes in your permissions, I'm not sure if this is still an issue but you may want to check that it is not causing Wireless Redstone to glitch out. My players noticed that they needed to open the WR GUI, change the frequency and put it back again before wireless receivers would work, and this would need to be repeated every time the chunk re-loaded.

Apparently the issue was caused by the way that Multiverse changes world loading.

MrPotatoGaming

Jul 29, 2019
Ah yes, I will have to look into this. I'm quickly finding that I don't like MultiVerse in a forge-bukkit environment anyways. It stems too many odd bugs. I think I'm just going to stick with the semi-annoying-system of Mystcraft. In 1.6.1+ they fix my little issue in Mystcraft, but until all 125 mods are updated, I have a bit of a wait.

Francis Baster

Jul 29, 2019
Ah yes, I will have to look into this. I'm quickly finding that I don't like MultiVerse in a forge-bukkit environment anyways. It stems too many odd bugs. I think I'm just going to stick with the semi-annoying-system of Mystcraft. In 1.6.1+ they fix my little issue in Mystcraft, but until all 125 mods are updated, I have a bit of a wait.

I'm curious, what issue did you encounter with Mystcraft?

Back to the original topic, I am currently using bPermissions with MCPC+ version mcpc-plus-1.5.2-R1.1-forge738-B644, and it seems to be working without a hitch... so far. I believe MCPC+ switched to a Forge-based world naming convention, the overworld is named "world", while the nether is named "DIM-1" and twilight forest is "DIM7". Haven't tested it with Mystcraft ages yet but will update you once I have.

xaositech

Jul 29, 2019
Would you please upload a PEX example to be sure?
I am before a big overhaul of configs - also would like to give PEX permission for the native mystcraft /tpx command for admins.

Thank you!