Solved MCPC+ MystCraft permissions issues

Francis Baster

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys,
I am currently running a FTB Ultimate v1.1.2 server with MCPC+. Everything is running great, and I'm very impressed with the overall stability of MCPC+, I'd recommend it.

One small problem though, my permissions plugin, bPermissions, is unable to recognise any MystCraft dimensions. Players in MystCraft ages lose all their permissions, and typing /world DIM_MYST<x> reveals that the plugin cannot detect that the age has been loaded.

Can anyone with an MCPC+ server recommend a permissions plugin that works well with MystCraft ages? Also if anyone knows that bPermissions normally works fine with MystCraft, and I'm doing something wrong, tell me please. Thanks =)

Thynsiia

Jul 29, 2019
i'm having the exact same problem:( haven't figured it out yet, all worlds work but every time i enter a mystcraft age all permissions are gone,

Magniff

Jul 29, 2019
It's because MCPC+ started using the forge system for loading worlds. Mystcraft ages don't load on startup which means 99% of plugins will not even know that world exists. Including permissions, greif prevention, etc... The only plugin I know of that still works with it is worldgaurd, which seems to recognize it as it loads. The world only loads when somebody enters it. If you want to have plugins work with it, you must downgrade your MCPC+ to L31, which will setup the the world folders the way plugins like. The downside is that worlds will be loaded all the time, which means far more lag.

Blazstyn

Jul 29, 2019
You could also try mirroring worlds other than '/world' to copy '/world' using the mirrors file for bPermissions.

bPermissions allows inheritance, and if player-perms are different they will overwrite the inherited perms from the groups file for the '/world'. I have only one permissions-groups.yml file now, mirrored over all worlds on the server. My server has now been through 2 or 3 regenerations, and so the version-adaptations of MCPC have screwed up my configs for bPermissions, but here is a copy of my mirrors.yml for you to see what I have done:

Code:
world: /world
world_nether: /world
world_the_end: /world
world_twilightforest: /world
world_myst\age12: /world
world_myst\age115: /world
world_myst\age118: /world
world_myst\age119: /world
world_myst\age120: /world
world_myst\age121: /world
world_myst\age122: /world
world_myst\age123: /world
world_myst\age124: /world
world_myst\age125: /world
world_myst\age126: /world
world_myst\age127: /world
world\DIM_MSYT12: /world
world\DIM_MSYT115: /world
world\DIM_MSYT118: /world
world\DIM_MSYT119: /world
world\DIM_MSYT120: /world
world\DIM_MSYT121: /world
world\DIM_MSYT122: /world
world\DIM_MSYT123: /world
world\DIM_MSYT124: /world
world\DIM_MSYT125: /world
world\DIM_MSYT126: /world
world\DIM_MSYT127: /world
world\DIM-1: /world
world\DIM1: /world
world\DIM7: /world
world\dim1: /world
world\dim-1: /world
world\dim7: /world

MrPotatoGaming

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry to bring up a semi-dead thread, but where it's kind of recent, I thought that it'd be better to revive it then creating another thread for the exact same issue. I have a MCPC + (legacy) server as well, and I too am using b Permissions and mystcraft. I happen to be creating the exact same issue that the OP posted. And I have tried copy-pasting the text that you provided me into a mirrors.yml file. However, when I enter the age, I am permission-less. I have also tried many variants of writing "DIM_MYST11: world" and I do know, that the text that you gave me, is for ages 12 not 11, so I did try accessing age 12 and trying it that way. To which I had no success. I would be very gracious for any help at all. Graci in advance.

Cozza

Jul 29, 2019
I've had no issues with PEX and separate world permissions. If your willing to change permissions plugin, I would give PEX a shot.

MrPotatoGaming

Jul 29, 2019
I'll have to try it out, I've never used PEX before, I hope that it can import my permissions.

Edit: After looking into some reviews of PEXs I kinda question the worth of converting over to it. While PEX is useful for some users, the "*" node isn't really worthy to me. And as for world mirroring, bPermissions has support for it too, but I'm pretty sure I'm just doing something wrong. So while I am glad you offered converting my permissions, the risks out-way the gain. Enter an age, without working permissions, is actually safer for the integrity of the server seeing as user have access to none of the commands.

Francis Baster

Jul 29, 2019
I'll have to try it out, I've never used PEX before, I hope that it can import my permissions.

Edit: After looking into some reviews of PEXs I kinda question the worth of converting over to it. While PEX is useful for some users, the "*" node isn't really worthy to me. And as for world mirroring, bPermissions has support for it too, but I'm pretty sure I'm just doing something wrong. So while I am glad you offered converting my permissions, the risks out-way the gain. Enter an age, without working permissions, is actually safer for the integrity of the server seeing as user have access to none of the commands.

As Magniff states in his post, the problem is not bPermissions or any other plugin, it is MCPC+ itself and the way it loads worlds. If you downgrade to MCPC+ 1.4.2 build L31, all bukkit plugins will work normally, including bPermissions. By the way, I use bPermissions on my server and recommend it highly.

Sorry, I'm assuming you are using Minecraft 1.4.2, if you are having this issue with MCPC+ for Minecraft 1.5 or 1.6, you might be best to direct your question to the Minecraft Port Central forums.

cjm721

Jul 29, 2019
As Magniff states in his post, the problem is not bPermissions or any other plugin, it is MCPC+ itself and the way it loads worlds. If you downgrade to MCPC+ build L31, all bukkit plugins will work normally, including bPermissions. By the way, I use bPermissions on my server and recommend it highly.

Then you get to deal with a whole bunch of NBT data resetting and missing alot of the memory/gc fixes.

I have never had any issues with PEX and user permissions work correctly on any world even newly created ones. As for the world names since they follow the forge format now (your going to have to get use to it if your going to keep using MCPC) then mystcraft worlds become DIM_MYST# which is all the plugin should need as it should not be saving any info in that folder just need the name.

Francis Baster

Jul 29, 2019
Then you get to deal with a whole bunch of NBT data resetting and missing alot of the memory/gc fixes.

I have never had any issues with PEX and user permissions work correctly on any world even newly created ones. As for the world names since they follow the forge format now (your going to have to get use to it if your going to keep using MCPC) then mystcraft worlds become DIM_MYST# which is all the plugin should need as it should not be saving any info in that folder just need the name.

Hi there cjm,

I appreciate that downgrading is going to cause me to miss out on a lot of bug fixes, but unfortunately I rely on a lot of plugins that will not work with the newer versions of MCPC+ legacy. Even if one or two plugins such as PEX are not affected by the world loading, it is still a crippling problem. I suspect that this problem may have been fixed in 1.5 and 1.6, but for those of us still using Ultimate and other 1.4 packs then downgrading may be the best way to go.

Also I would much rather use bPerms compared to PEX, but that's simply my personal opinion based on my personal experiences.

MrPotatoGaming

Jul 29, 2019
I'm actually using MCPC + Legacy for 1.5.2 not for 1.4.2, I thought I mentioned that in the original post, but I see I failed to mention that. The only reason I posted this here was because someone was having a similar issue. That being said, b Permissions handles all other dimensions fine except mystcraft. bPermissions for some odd reason breaks down when being used in an age instead of let say, twilight forest. So from that it seems that MCPC fixes the problem in 1.5.2, thus bringing me to the conclusion that the error stems from user input. And between you and me, MCPC + Legacy isn't the fastest at responding to issues. With over 50+ issue tickets, (one of which being mine and being a week old) I decided a more reliable and useful source would be this.

cjm721

Jul 29, 2019
Hi there cjm,

I appreciate that downgrading is going to cause me to miss out on a lot of bug fixes, but unfortunately I rely on a lot of plugins that will not work with the newer versions of MCPC+ legacy. Even if one or two plugins such as PEX are not affected by the world loading, it is still a crippling problem. I suspect that this problem may have been fixed in 1.5 and 1.6, but for those of us still using Ultimate and other 1.4 packs then downgrading may be the best way to go.

Also I would much rather use bPerms compared to PEX, but that's simply my personal opinion based on my personal experiences.

And I am still running 1.4.7 Ultimate/Direwolf then for 1.5.2 unleashed/unhinged/direwolf and a few vanilla servers. And I have no issues with any of my permissions for any of my plugins on any of my servers. And as for MCPC and doing issues there is a ton of work on the 1.6.2 version which is why there is not that much work going on 1.5.2. They have to catch up some time like alot of mods (Xycraft for example) so leave 1.5.2 behind and go straight to 1.6. At least they are still responding to 1.5.2 stuff at all. There are a few people that will do forks for it then those will get merged every few days (if they are good)

Francis Baster

Jul 29, 2019
I'm actually using MCPC + Legacy for 1.5.2 not for 1.4.2, I thought I mentioned that in the original post, but I see I failed to mention that. The only reason I posted this here was because someone was having a similar issue. That being said, b Permissions handles all other dimensions fine except mystcraft. bPermissions for some odd reason breaks down when being used in an age instead of let say, twilight forest. So from that it seems that MCPC fixes the problem in 1.5.2, thus bringing me to the conclusion that the error stems from user input. And between you and me, MCPC + Legacy isn't the fastest at responding to issues. With over 50+ issue tickets, (one of which being mine and being a week old) I decided a more reliable and useful source would be this.

OK, well it's possible then that it should be working. If you try the command /world DIM_MYSTx where x is replaced by the Mystcraft dimension number, does bPermissions still complain with "please select a loaded world"?

And to be honest I haven't actually tried the latest build of MCPC+ 1.4.7, so I could be spewing lies about this even being an issue still.

cjm721

Jul 29, 2019
OK, well it's possible then that it should be working. If you try the command /world DIM_MYSTx where x is replaced by the Mystcraft dimension number, does bPermissions still complain with "please select a loaded world"?

And to be honest I haven't actually tried the latest build of MCPC+ 1.4.7, so I could be spewing lies about this even being an issue still.

Not all plugins are dynamic on their lists which for vanilla most people would never see as a problem untill you add something like multiverse but in modded there are many worlds. I don't use bPermissions so I cant say either way for it, but I can say PEX + MCPC on L67 works as expected.

Francis Baster

Jul 29, 2019
Not all plugins are dynamic on their lists which for vanilla most people would never see as a problem untill you add something like multiverse but in modded there are many worlds. I don't use bPermissions so I cant say either way for it, but I can say PEX + MCPC on L67 works as expected.

Yeah, I certainly wouldn't recommend using Multiverse on a Forge server, it does some strange things to IC2 machine rendering and causes Wireless Redstone to glitch out.

MrPotatoGaming

Jul 29, 2019

I can't believe I didn't test that, I do the YMLs manually, so I'm not bPermssions command friendly. Anyways, yes I do get a complaining error. Which leads me to believe the error stems from either Mystcraft of bPermissions. You know, back were I started. I'm just really bothered by the fact that bPerm's works with all other mod dimensions aside from mystcraft. And on the same note, I'm very hesitant about switching over to PEX after some of the reviews I read. More specifically a google docs article.

And I am still running 1.4.7 Ultimate/Direwolf then for 1.5.2 unleashed/unhinged/direwolf and a few vanilla servers. And I have no issues with any of my permissions for any of my plugins on any of my servers. And as for MCPC and doing issues there is a ton of work on the 1.6.2 version which is why there is not that much work going on 1.5.2. They have to catch up some time like alot of mods (Xycraft for example) so leave 1.5.2 behind and go straight to 1.6. At least they are still responding to 1.5.2 stuff at all. There are a few people that will do forks for it then those will get merged every few days (if they are good)

And while this isn't directed at me, I would like to reply to this. While I would "love" to be on 1.6.2 (sarcasm) I have to wait for all the mods to update before I can actually bump up to that version. The last I checked (about a week ago) I was missing nearly 50 mods, at which point I gave up. (The woes of having a custom modpack.) I do not mind having a few lacking mods but at this point I would of been missing important world generation. So thus, I'm forced to be stuck with 1.5.2.

cjm721

Jul 29, 2019
I can't believe I didn't test that, I do the YMLs manually, so I'm not bPermssions command friendly. Anyways, yes I do get a complaining error. Which leads me to believe the error stems from either Mystcraft of bPermissions. You know, back were I started. I'm just really bothered by the fact that bPerm's works with all other mod dimensions aside from mystcraft. And on the same note, I'm very hesitant about switching over to PEX after some of the reviews I read. More specifically a google docs article.

And while this isn't directed at me, I would like to reply to this. While I would "love" to be on 1.6.2 (sarcasm) I have to wait for all the mods to update before I can actually bump up to that version. The last I checked (about a week ago) I was missing nearly 50 mods, at which point I gave up. (The woes of having a custom modpack.) I do not mind having a few lacking mods but at this point I would of been missing important world generation. So thus, I'm forced to be stuck with 1.5.2.

World data is handled by forge. Mystcraft just says I need a world location and forge hands back the file so if it works with TF then it should work with Mystcraft worlds also. I would try to use the ingame commands as they will most likely pull the data in a different way (live and when you do the commands make sure that world is loaded)

Also I would not mind either being on 1.6, Already found enough game breaking exploits and bugs in 1.5.2 its just like 1.4.7 with the amount of extra coding I have to do to prevent it but it does seem right as I finish all my tweaks next versions come out.

MrPotatoGaming

Jul 29, 2019
World data is handled by forge. Mystcraft just says I need a world location and forge hands back the file so if it works with TF then it should work with Mystcraft worlds also. I would try to use the ingame commands as they will most likely pull the data in a different way (live and when you do the commands make sure that world is loaded)

Also I would not mind either being on 1.6, Already found enough game breaking exploits and bugs in 1.5.2 its just like 1.4.7 with the amount of extra coding I have to do to prevent it but it does seem right as I finish all my tweaks next versions come out.

Sadly, I tried that after Francis suggested it, all I got was complaining. And yea, it would make since that if the packets are being handled by forge for TF, and work fine when being converted over to Bukkit format, but not the same way for Mystcraft. When I tried the command I tried anyway I could think of, I also tried it with player loading and forced loading, neither of which registered. I also tried semi-forced chuck loading (Buildcraft's chunk loading system versus lets say railcraftd's.) For those of you who don't know the difference between semi- and full- is basically full is the equivalent of a player being in the area: Villagers move, machines well do things, plants grow, etc, while semi-forced is when basically just machines are chunk loaded.

Cozza

Jul 29, 2019
This may be a stab in the dark. But the forge version of Dynmap uses DIM_MYSTXX_XX where X is the ID. (DIM_MYST11_11)

It's probably a Dynmap only thing but it's worth a try.