Solved MCPC + and PermissionsEX

areomayo

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, i'm running FTB ultimate server and i have mytown, dynmap and pex as mods.
and bukkitforge in coremods
The permission nodes where all working when i was just running the ftbserver.jar from feed the beast with bukkitforge so i could have bukkit plugins installed aswell, now my permissions worked for mytown using permissionsex but i could not get permission nodes to work for bukkitforge plugins, so i snooped around on the forum and found that i should be using MCPC + instead of bukkitforge.
so i implemented mcpc + and replaced the old ftbserver.jar and started it up, everything loaded and it could regonize permissionsex and mytown in mods folder and they work, but the permission nodes are not working now, i only get my prefix working from my permissions but the nodes are not working.

So i looked further on the net and found that mcpc + has alittle different way of reading the permission nodes.

something like these

ee.lutsu.alpha.mc.mytown.commands.CmdMyTown
ee.lutsu.alpha.mc.mytown.commands.CmdMyTownAdmin
ee.lutsu.alpha.mc.mytown.commands.CmdChannel
ee.lutsu.alpha.mc.mytown.commands.CmdGamemode
ee.lutsu.alpha.mc.mytown.commands.CmdWrk
ee.lutsu.alpha.mc.mytown.commands.CmdSpawn
ee.lutsu.alpha.mc.mytown.commands.CmdTeleport
ee.lutsu.alpha.mc.mytown.commands.CmdSetSpawn
ee.lutsu.alpha.mc.mytown.commands.CmdOnline
ee.lutsu.alpha.mc.mytown.commands.CmdEmote
ee.lutsu.alpha.mc.mytown.commands.CmdPrivateMsg
ee.lutsu.alpha.mc.mytown.commands.CmdReplyPrivateMsg
ee.lutsu.alpha.mc.mytown.commands.CmdHomes
ee.lutsu.alpha.mc.mytown.commands.CmdHome
ee.lutsu.alpha.mc.mytown.commands.CmdSetHome
ee.lutsu.alpha.mc.mytown.commands.CmdDelHome
ee.lutsu.alpha.mc.mytown.commands.CmdChat

So i put those in my default group in config/permissions.yml and restarted the server, now the server consol posted that i had loaded those specific cmds but i still cant use those cmds, only if im opped.

here is my permissions.yml http://pastebin.com/xBBq9Rm7

i searched alittle more on the net and found someone got it to work with bpermissions in the plugin folder, so i gave it a try and imported permissions from pex to bpermissions using the ingame cmd to do so. but i still have no luck in using cmds without being OP.

i cant seem to figure out why my permission nodes are not working correctly.

i changed to MCPC + in hope that i could get permission nodes to work for plugins like simpleafk, worldedit etc. since they did not work when running the normal ftbserver.jar with bukkitforge. only mods based plugin nodes worked.

any help/suggestions are very much appreciated.

ps. i hope this is the right place to post this kind of problem

MomoNasty

Jul 29, 2019
I originally posted those mcpc permission nodes on the OG mytown thread. The problem I see based on your config is that you are attempting to use Forge Pex for all the permissions, but that will not work correctly (at least for 1.4 servers)

Let me try to break this down simply for you,
you are going to need to use two Permissions Systems: One for Bukkit and one for Forge.

After you have chosen a Bukkit permissions plugin (I suggest group manager) you will have to add those mcpc permissions (the ones generated in your server log) to the files tha control bukkit permissions. What these long permissions nodes do is enable access to a command. For example:

- ee.lutsu.alpha.mc.mytown.commands.CmdMyTown

This permission node when applied in your bukkit perm system will enable the ACCESS to the command /mytown.

Now after setting this, go to the permissions.yml for ForgePex and you can now allow the use/execution of mytown command permission nodes.
Example:
- mytown.cmd.* will enable the ACTUAL USAGE of all mytown subcommands if the mcpc permission is set correctly.

- -mytown.cmd.subcommand will disable the usage of that specific subcommand.

Repeat this for any of the long permission nodes you want to enable in the Bukkit-side and then set the corresponding permissions in the Forge-side. The end of the permission node usually tells you what command it is.

All in all the Bukkit Permissions will grant players access to the command and ForgePex permissions will allow actual usage of the command.

I hope I explained it properly enough for you to understand, but excuse me for anything that is unclear as I'm typing this on a phone. Perhaps I will edit this for more clarity when I get on a computer later.

areomayo

Jul 29, 2019
Hi mate, thanks alot that really helped me out, and group manager is an awesome plugin, how did i miss that :D