McMyAdmin?

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Ioakim

Jul 29, 2019
When the Feed the Beast mod pack server comes out will it work with McMyAdmin http://www.mcmyadmin.com/
i know it works with vanilla 1.4.2 and that other mod pack that will not be named, just hoping it works fine with this one

Reactions: Erran86

Greedseed

Jul 29, 2019
it probebly will. There are here and there maybe some issues with connectivity but 95% of the features will work with mcmyadmin. I use it myself and it is awsome to give outside controll to your admins.

Luke_H

Jul 29, 2019
Hello.

Whilst McMyAdmin is good, ever thought of using something lightweight so you can dedicate more of your resources to the server and not to a manager?
Take SpaceBukkit for instance, extremely lightweight and serves just as well, if not, better than McMyAdmin.

Ioakim

Jul 29, 2019
SpaceBukkit looks really cool, definitely gonna try it out, just sucks i already payed for McMyAdmin pro :(

Luke_H

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I think the functions of mcmyadmin are great, but the resource usage and coding is pathetic, I'll always go with something lightweight, spacebukkit is just simple commands, no mono and that.

Greedseed

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I think the functions of mcmyadmin are great, but the resource usage and coding is pathetic, I'll always go with something lightweight, spacebukkit is just simple commands, no mono and that.

Howly cow. The spacebukkit is looking prity tight :D Il be chekking this out as well.

SpaceBukkit looks really cool, definitely gonna try it out, just sucks i already payed for McMyAdmin pro :(

Ahh for that 10Euro, thats not like its a huge deal. :)

Greedseed

Jul 29, 2019
From what i can see since this is pritty messed up. Next time pls coppy from the Server.log file instead of the dam mcmyadmin console :p

What i can see the server loads the 31 Mods. But once its starts on your world file it start acting up. Sugest trying to remove the world to try it out.

Greedseed

Jul 29, 2019
yeah i know the issue. We had it once when we used the mod pack we dont talk about. We did get it fixt one way but i will need to look how i did that.

I will try to look at it once i am home and post it here what you need to do to fix it.

Erran86

Jul 29, 2019
Using McAdmin as well, can run the current beta server package but kinda hangs up (on CP it says "Server is getting ready to start" allthou you can join the server). When launching got loads of errors:

http://pastebin.com/y9bxNDvz

Ioakim had the same problem last night when he was trying to get a FTB server running, dont think hes noticed that more ppl have replied to his thread, ill let him know when he gets home from work :)

Phantom

Jul 29, 2019
Did this issue get a fix? i normally use mcadmin bu not at the moment due tot he same issues as above

Maximuscr31

Jul 29, 2019
We used MCMyadmin but it caused all sorts of permission issues with gm or pex and tekkit. We eventually switch to multicraft due to using multiple servers on one machine. That software isn't great butI have gotten FTB to work on it alongside vanilla and hack/mine and tekkit till we switch to FTB completely.

danielford167

Jul 29, 2019
To fix the Pauls code error: (Not caused by Mc My Admin at all) (Test this before putting on your server - I will not take the blame for breaking something) :)
1. Open you Server's JAR in the main folder of your server (The one with the op.txt and server.log)
2. Look for a folder called Paulscode (or something very similar to that)
3. Delete the folder named Paulscode
4. Save and recompile the Jar.
Explanation: This supposedly happens because the server trys to open the clients Sound Files, which the server doesn't need to open these files, as the server doesn't produce the sounds (Unless your server has a loud fan :p). Removing this file didn't cause any others errors for me, and the server worked fine afterwards.

I would also like to say:
Mc My Admin does NOT work properly with Forge Servers

Explanation: (May not be 100% correct but its got the idea about it, I may have got the wrong end here, but this is from some searching for myself)
Mc My Admin can read the console of a normal vanilla as many of you know, but in the implementation of forge, the server adds extra "prefix's" like "[ForgeModLoader]" and it cant read the standard errors "[STDOUT]" for example. Mc My Admin cant read this and so for some reason cant read that the server has started and therefore you get the: "Server is getting ready to start" Because Mc My Admin cant work out if the server has started. It is a known bug/annoyance, which is currently not getting fixed as the Maker of Mc My Admin, seems to not want to work with Forge to fix the issue. Try it for yourslef: run a vanilla server (no forge) and see if your Log has any extra "prefix's"

However, your server will still 100% run but has some problems with allowing people to join, and you cant see the CPU and RAM usage. The scheduler also will not work as it thinks the server is still starting and therefore the Scheduler doesn't start. And whitelisting is slightly buggy. My advice is not to use it with Forge.

But you may say "it worked with "Unnamed Mod Pack"", this is due to the implementation of craftbukkit + forge and seems to have removed the errors caused by forge on a vanilla server. Not going into the details, it just worked for some and not for others :) (This is not advertising it is just stating the point)

aNemia1981

Jul 29, 2019
Mc My Admin does NOT work properly with Forge Servers

Well what i've experiment in past, thats not true. Used to run vanilla server with forge and loads of mods (1.2.5) and mmcadmin worked fine. Can't remember if the prefixes has changed since but yeah...like danielford said, something is preventing mmcadmin to see that althou there are some errors in log files, server runs fine. As for now problem is either FML (loading paulscode) or forestry. Both seems to be reported issues and will most likely be ironed out pretty soon, maybe that would solve th mcadmin issue as well. I keep my hopes up =)

Greedseed

Jul 29, 2019
dont think so.

You can launch and stop and so on but anything related to console will not work.

akamanu

Jul 29, 2019
I also have a server with fragnet and mcadmin don't work properly, the console is in incomplete and the scheduler don't work. I guess there is no solution yet? A fix or something similar?

/Manu