Maybe we could get a little warning...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephrik

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if this is the right section to post this, but I was wondering if we could get a warning with the updates, that tells people that it will delete their waypoints on the map, as well as reset their spawn point?

It hasn't effected me in the past, but this update deleted all of my waypoints, reset my spawn point and defaulted my controls.

Wabbit

Jul 29, 2019
No-one can predict the future down to the letter, hon.
One thing Minecraft has taught me is to always, always, always back up your files.

Sephrik

Jul 29, 2019
True, and I agree that it's my mistake, still, I did select backup configs when performing the update, it doesn't seem as though it backed up my waypoints.

Wabbit

Jul 29, 2019
True, and I agree that it's my mistake, still, I did select backup configs when performing the update, it doesn't seem as though it backed up my waypoints.
Odd. Did you back up only your world or the entire minecraft folder?

Sephrik

Jul 29, 2019
I used the backup configs button that came up in the launcher when I updated. Had I known it would delete those things, I would've backed everything up.

Wabbit

Jul 29, 2019
I used the backup configs button that came up in the launcher when I updated. Had I known it would delete those things, I would've backed everything up.
Well for future reference, waypoints from Rei's Minimap are saved in this directory, starting from the launcher's location. "\FTBBETAA\minecraft\mods\rei_minimap"

Status
Not open for further replies.