Mariculture living squid

Serkas

Jul 29, 2019
Just a short question: How do you obtain living male and female squid in mariculture? I don't get them from fishing and killing squid only drops raw squid. Do they need certain circumstances when fishing or do I have to create them myself ? I just need them for the breeding.

Sadly the monsterpack doesn't include the mod that is necessary for the guide books of mariculture.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Same with all fishing setups in Mariculture; fish for live ones like you would for any other live fish in Mariculture. This means an autofisher or using a fishing rod while underwater(and catching something somehow).

joshie

Jul 29, 2019
If you want to catch live squid, you can either fish for them (long way) or simply take a fishing net and right click a squid. (The entity) and they'll drop a live one, it uses up the net though.

As for the books as has been suggested, I'm probably going to make that required in the future... Since the books are just too important.

Reactions: Padfoote

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I'd kill to see a really well maintained documentation/wiki for this mod.

Every few days i decide to try it out again, and then get frustrated and abandon it, since I lack information.

(I got stuck for an hour once before I figured out the crucible furnace was a 2-piece multiblock. Argh.)

Serkas

Jul 29, 2019
A good to know, thanks. Also yeah: A wiki or just a form of those books online would be nice.