Mariculture and Rutile Ore

joshie

Jul 29, 2019
The gas leak block, isn't the actual natural gas. Natural gas blocks are completely invisible, and as I said, dig down under the gas leak block, and you'll find a cavern with the potion effects, that indicates you have found natural gas. The gas leak block is entirely for 'i want to find natural gas, let's make it easier than just having to dig under an ocean forever and hope i get lucky'.

Reactions: RuneImagiro

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
@joshie The gas leak is an actual block, isn't it? When I look at the block it is identified that way. So, I should set up the pump right beneath that block, right? Or do I need to keep looking?

It seems some of these gas leak blocks work just fine. Others are complete duds.View attachment 10985
That's what you find ABOVE the natural gas. That's just a "Hey, check below me, natural gas lies me". All it does is make bubbles because that's all it's for.

Reactions: RuneImagiro

RuneImagiro

Jul 29, 2019
Hey I'm back with more Mariculture questions! Well, actually, only one.

How do I refill the scuba tank?

I'm sure there will be more questions later!

Roooker

Jul 29, 2019
Well both methods dont work for me.. How do it get the Book ? Playing Monster 1.1.2

Roooker

Jul 29, 2019
What is the exact name ? Cant find it in NEI.. "How to Dive" ? I dont have anything related to mariculture when i search for "dive".

Roooker

Jul 29, 2019
Well not gonna switch now. Got 2 month of gameplay on here. Just wanted to try out some other stuff. But as it seems there is no documentation at all i'll quit mariculture. Heck i dont even know what all the fish are about. Got a whole bunch of them and have some auto fisher fully automated running 24/7.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
In a future update they will work in the incubator too, increasing the chance that each egg that is processed will hatch(currently that's what fertility is, I'm going to make fertility the actual number of eggs instead of that being based off of lifespan).

has this been implemented yet and if so which version

nvm, just gone through all the changelogs and found it...

Just an observation, with this method having lower fertility is faster and better because you don't have to wait so long for the final egg to get your breeding pair, the chances of an egg hatching are WAY too small. A bit daft IMO.

Also when does the breeding occur, when you put the fish in or when the female dies/ Can you for example swap out a male or female halfway through it's life and how will that affect the offspring/

The male should breed and dissapear instantly like in forestry bees to avoid this confusion.

Last edited:

Voidwalker227

Jul 29, 2019
Also when does the breeding occur, when you put the fish in or when the female dies/ Can you for example swap out a male or female halfway through it's life and how will that affect the offspring/

The male should breed and dissapear instantly like in forestry bees to avoid this confusion.

The breeding occurs when the female dies, meaning that the male that is in the feeder when this occurs will determine breeding traits

@joshie - it was unclear what you meant on page 2. Were you saying that purity upgrades reduce the amount of fluid that is used up in a tank per consumption? And does this apply to the crucible furnace as well if it is using lava?