Mariculture and Rutile Ore

RuneImagiro

Jul 29, 2019
I'm in the process of trying to get my hands on a lot of titanium and Rutile Ore is definitely the bottleneck in my production.

Where does Rutile Ore spawn most often?

Alternatively, does anybody out there have a really excellent process for producing Titanium?

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Rutile? Spawns most often in watery biomes, like oceans and rivers. Actually, really only spawns there unless you have a up to date Nether Ores mod. Then there is a Nether Ore version of it.

As for processing it... What pack are you using? If it has RotaryCraft, an extractor may be better then using the default mariculture method, depending on how far into RotaryCraft you are. That is, if you aren't neck deep in it yet, I wouldn't suggest diving in too quick. It's the ideal solution for many ore processing chains, but believe me, it's not easy to set up.
I mean, it kinda is, but the dedication to the mod needed may drive you a bit mad if you just want to jump right into it.
You may be better off ignoring my advice to use RotaryCraft if you aren't dedicated to using it and don't have a computer with a good CPU.

Reactions: RuneImagiro

VapourDrive

Jul 29, 2019
Rutile is the one that spawns in limestone right?
I played with mariculture for a bit and really liked the look of the limestone decorative blocks; the purpose was somewhat defeated when you were required to through a lot of it away just to process the rutile. If you get a stack of limestone and a couple ore, both need to be consumed for a little bit of titanium production 0.o?
I could also just be miss-remembering... :p

Reactions: Wright

Wright

Jul 29, 2019
Rutile is the one that spawns in limestone right?
I played with mariculture for a bit and really liked the look of the limestone decorative blocks; the purpose was somewhat defeated when you were required to through a lot of it away just to process the rutile. If you get a stack of limestone and a couple ore, both need to be consumed for a little bit of titanium production 0.o?
I could also just be miss-remembering... :p

I believe you are remembering right, I also have had the same problems with rutile. Wish I didn't have to lose all the limestone also.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I believe you are remembering right, I also have had the same problems with rutile. Wish I didn't have to lose all the limestone also.
You need 24 buckets of quicklime for some of the magnesiish dust. And that's 24 smooth limestone, or slightly less then 10 planning chalk. So go for planning chalk. It may need a tiny bit of bonemeal per piece, but it's 2 limestone and gets you 2.5 buckets of quicklime.

RuneImagiro

Jul 29, 2019
Well, at least I'm not alone here. I'm shocked by how costly and inefficient the Titanium production is, but pleased that there are still challenges to be had. It sounds to me like I'm going about it the right way, unfortunately for me, the right way is just plain hard.

KurShedir

Jul 29, 2019
Last time I checked on Monster, I wasn't able to process rutile ores with the extractor. I remember rutile spawning everywhere though, and limestone is everywhere too, I've trashed a lot of it when I was young and stupid. Always keep all the limestone.
In other modpacks, a digital miner placed in the right biome can be configured to mine all "blockLimestone" in a large area.

The titanium creation may be hard hard, but it's and interesting mechanic. It's a themed and separate processing line worth to setup in my opinion. I struggled for the magnesiish dust but I enjoyed the process in the end.

ThorinNL

Jul 29, 2019
I'm on MF2 with Geostrata added to it.
I find rutile ore almost everywhere (forest biome with a decent amount of water around it) while finding Mariculture limestone was very troublesome (Geostrata limestone however is everywhere and probably not useful at all [=cobblestone variant] )

I think I have as much rutile ore as Limestone blocks.

KaosRitual

Jul 29, 2019
I'm on MF2 with Geostrata added to it.
I find rutile ore almost everywhere (forest biome with a decent amount of water around it) while finding Mariculture limestone was very troublesome (Geostrata limestone however is everywhere and probably not useful at all [=cobblestone variant] )

I think I have as much rutile ore as Limestone blocks.
If MF2 has Chisel installed, I believe that can convert the limestones to each other.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Well, at least I'm not alone here. I'm shocked by how costly and inefficient the Titanium production is, but pleased that there are still challenges to be had. It sounds to me like I'm going about it the right way, unfortunately for me, the right way is just plain hard.
It's only hard if you can't get enough magnesium. And that's the least of the issue, since two limestone can get you enough quicklime to make the dust that is likely to get you the magnesium needed.
It's intensive, sure, but it's honestly pretty easy to do in massive batches if you scale it up a bit. And if you can't get the crucible furnace hot enough quick enough, just run it in the nether. With a ultimate heating upgrade, from what I've heard, using it in the nether is really easy as it never cools down. And that's only 5 titanium.

Reactions: RuneImagiro

RuneImagiro

Jul 29, 2019
I set up one diamond chest and ran power to three fishers (not to be confused with automatic fishers), which catch vanilla MC fish. Those things generated so many fish so friggin quick...

I did make my first polished titanium rods last night, steppin up in the mariculture mod woo!

Reactions: Wright

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I set up one diamond chest and ran power to three fishers (not to be confused with automatic fishers), which catch vanilla MC fish. Those things generated so many fish so friggin quick...

I did make my first polished titanium rods last night, steppin up in the mariculture mod woo!

wait a sec, are you talking about the MFR fishers? because those things are slow as heck for me o_O

RuneImagiro

Jul 29, 2019
Well, like I said... I did use three. >.>

I'm playing on a server with other people, so I also had the added benefit of being able to go to bed and let those fishers work their magic all night long.

CompassRose

Jul 29, 2019
I'm in the process of trying to get my hands on a lot of titanium and Rutile Ore is definitely the bottleneck in my production.

Where does Rutile Ore spawn most often?

Alternatively, does anybody out there have a really excellent process for producing Titanium?

One of your first goals in Mariculture should be to create a set of scuba gear. This requires a small amount of titanium but that should be attainable for you. Once you have access to the oceans, you'll find a lot of Rutile along the sides of the ocean shelves you come across.

It was said before, in Monster Rutile spawns everywhere but the more common concentrations tend to be found at lower depths.

Make the Mariculture ore dictionary. It converts the Chisel limestone (but not the Geostrata limestone) into Mariculture limestone. This is critical as Biomes O Plenty and ATG tend not to spawn the traditional vanilla Minecraft rivers that the Mariculture limestone deposits are commonly found in.

The more you work with Mariculture, the more you will discover that finding 24 blocks of limestone is harder than finding 1 block of Rutile ore (in the long run).