Map Ideas

Loothias

Jul 29, 2019
I posted in another place that although the maps and objectives change for each map, they are basically all the same. The main thing is the start of the map. It is exactly the same for each one. In this topic let's try and think up some new ways to start a FTB map so Slowpoke and the team don't have such a hard time making new maps. One idea I had was UU matter from industrial craft. Are there any other ways to start FTB?? Post your ideas bellow.

slauter

Jul 29, 2019
Trust me on this there are big plans for the future we have plans to make maps involving no EE, some will have mystcraft thaumraft AND MANY MANY more.

Loothias

Jul 29, 2019
wow that sounds great. Can't wait to see the final production and how each person will play the maps :D

residentivo

Jul 29, 2019
ICountFrom0 said:
If EE was being dropped from the modpack, then hard coded villagers as resource sources behind each frame door. The game shifts to breeding sheep, or cow, or chickens for 6 - 12 rl hours, and then trading until you get the resources for the next build, then moving on.
This is a idea, but hard coded villagers, maybe, limits pipes and others machines integration. Second ideia is a credit system instead of IC2 Credits it's self. But, this mock the EE trade system.

Loothias

Jul 29, 2019
I am not saying that different ideas need to be radically different but at least bring some start game variety to FTB

adib

Jul 29, 2019
ICountFrom0 said:
If EE was being dropped from the modpack, then hard coded villagers as resource sources behind each frame door. The game shifts to breeding sheep, or cow, or chickens for 6 - 12 rl hours, and then trading until you get the resources for the next build, then moving on.
i dont think you can hardcode villager without adjusting their code ofcourse, i think there are some tricks to make them not loes their items, but not sure.

Loothias

Jul 29, 2019
ICountFrom0 said:
True, but I somehow doubt that EE will be removed from FTB, it is evolved from skytable, is it not?

That is true but I mean that the start needs to vary so that you can go anyway which will create some variety for people playing maps. There will be no doubt lots of youtube videos of FTB but all of them will be the same.

Jul 29, 2019
if i'm correct,mystcraft allowed you to create the new age which is a new world .So if they add mystcraft into the mod pack ,people can travel out of the map boundary?
(sorry for bad gramma and spelling)

adib

Jul 29, 2019
1211463093 said:
if i'm correct,mystcraft allowed you to create the new age which is a new world .So if they add mystcraft into the mod pack ,people can travel out of the map boundary?
(sorry for bad gramma and spelling)
yeah true, i think you should make custom books with certain ores where you have acces to at that moment, you could even use book as rewards and people have to find the stuff.

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe when you complete all the normal challenge and the door open ,there will be a book to the new FTB insane map or easter eggs.

adib

Jul 29, 2019
1211463093 said:
Maybe when you complete all the normal challenge and the door open ,there will be a book to the new FTB insane map or easter eggs.
could be, tough i think you have to adventure to find the items is more fun :D

Jul 29, 2019
with 3.1.2 coming out you can make the player enter the book spawn on a pleasure plate and use command block to turn their gamemode to adventure and let's them find their way out.

adib

Jul 29, 2019
1211463093 said:
with 3.1.2 coming out you can make the player enter the book spawn on a pleasure plate and use command block to turn their gamemode to adventure and let's them find their way out.
that could be cool, tough it is 1.3.2 :D.
still wondering what people will be able to come up with, with the command block. i've seen an animation already where you teleport from block to block every second orso.

Jul 29, 2019
One question ,will the silver tree from thuamcraft spawn in high veast area that human made?because if it is we can make the silver log one of the objective(or path way atleast)

adib

Jul 29, 2019
1211463093 said:
One question ,will the silver tree from thuamcraft spawn in high veast area that human made?because if it is we can make the silver log one of the objective(or path way atleast)
i think it is creating on world spawn.

Jul 29, 2019
maybe we can use an item like a key .When they get a key they can go into a room(mystcraft age) ,only when they clear the room they will get the next item .To make it harder on us :D