Map Ideas

IHayzeU

Jul 29, 2019
1211463093 said:
One question ,will the silver tree from thuamcraft spawn in high veast area that human made?because if it is we can make the silver log one of the objective(or path way atleast)
I dont think they will, but its Thaumcraft 3 so you never know

Spoo

Jul 29, 2019
I'd like to see a challenge with the transmutation tablet limited to nonrenewable resources, and no condensers. Relays (and maybe collectors) would still be fine for the purposes of charging klein stars. You could use a thaumcraft duplicator (if they still exist in v3) to serve a similar role as the transmutation tablet/condenser for those annoyingly rare items or until your farm is set up. I like the idea of requiring farm-able items to be farmed, but the transmutation tablet offers an easier alternative (and FTB isn't supposed to be easy). Also, all extreme EMC generation loops (e.g. blaze rod maceration) require condensers.

MrSphex

Jul 29, 2019
Spoo said:
I'd like to see a challenge with the transmutation tablet limited to nonrenewable resources, and no condensers. Relays (and maybe collectors) would still be fine for the purposes of charging klein stars. You could use a thaumcraft duplicator (if they still exist in v3) to serve a similar role as the transmutation tablet/condenser for those annoyingly rare items or until your farm is set up. I like the idea of requiring farm-able items to be farmed, but the transmutation tablet offers an easier alternative (and FTB isn't supposed to be easy). Also, all extreme EMC generation loops (e.g. blaze rod maceration) require condensers.

So basically, make a table and condenser uncraftable, which I find would also be a good route. The only thing I didn't like about thaumcraft 2 was how easily exploitable diamonds were because of a condenser and a few enderpearls, as enderpearls have the same vis (about) ratio as diamonds, but at an 8th of the EMC value.

adib

Jul 29, 2019
1211463093 said:
still, i couldn't figure out how to obtain the bed rock.
we'll you finished all other challanges? no? then just continue and dont worry.

Monkey6775

Jul 29, 2019
Hey i was wondering if a hell version of the insanity map could be made. This map would have 64x requirements on all the goals. Or even have over 64x goals. I think it would also be cool if there was a map without Rewards and they were all in the chest you land on.

adib

Jul 29, 2019
Monkey6775 said:
Hey i was wondering if a hell version of the insanity map could be made. This map would have 64x requirements on all the goals. Or even have over 64x goals. I think it would also be cool if there was a map without Rewards and they were all in the chest you land on.
would be hard since you cant use regulators i think, which has 9 slots and emits redstone if it is full.

frederikam

Jul 29, 2019
1211463093 said:
if i'm correct,mystcraft allowed you to create the new age which is a new world .So if they add mystcraft into the mod pack ,people can travel out of the map boundary?
(sorry for bad gramma and spelling)

It already is, (in the bottom here http://www.feed-the-beast.com/) but i dont know how, the team are planning to integrate this into the pack.

frederikam

Jul 29, 2019
adib said:
Monkey6775 said:
would be hard since you cant use regulators i think, which has 9 slots and emits redstone if it is full.

Imagine the monument as something enormous, and isn't insanity hard enough? And some items don't stack.

adib

Jul 29, 2019
frederikam said:
adib said:
Monkey6775 said:

Imagine the monument as something enormous, and isn't insanity hard enough? And some items don't stack.
i suppose you could use an regulator to send the items to where it needs, then another array of regulators and if all thos are all emiting redstone you get the reward.

Monkey6775

Jul 29, 2019
adib said:
i suppose you could use an regulator to send the items to where it needs, then another array of regulators and if all thos are all emiting redstone you get the reward.

My idea would be to use a item detector regulator and counter in combination. The regulator would make sure items are sent through at enough space or correct intervals to allow the item detector and counter to work correctly. The only thing that would need to happen is once the counter reaches a high enough number it pulses I cant remember a way to turn a pulse into a steady signal but I'm sure there is. That is the easiest most flexible way i have found. I have been thinking about FTB and i have thought of 10 or so different ways to make this map hellish.

adib

Jul 29, 2019
Monkey6775 said:
adib said:

My idea would be to use a item detector regulator and counter in combination. The regulator would make sure items are sent through at enough space or correct intervals to allow the item detector and counter to work correctly. The only thing that would need to happen is once the counter reaches a high enough number it pulses I cant remember a way to turn a pulse into a steady signal but I'm sure there is. That is the easiest most flexible way i have found. I have been thinking about FTB and i have thought of 10 or so different ways to make this map hellish.
couldnt you just keep throwing the same item in and in?

frederikam

Jul 29, 2019
Monkey6775 said:

Also i like the idea of having rewards, especially with items like clay. This reminds me about "Sky table" or whatever it was called.i don't like your ideas.

Monkey6775

Jul 29, 2019
adib said:

Well once an item goes in through the transposer The Regulator would request it. Once the regulator has enough they would be pushed into an inventory (chest) from the chest they are pulled out by a requestor. In the pipe to the requestor they pass through the item detector. The requestor feeds them into a incinerator or lava pit.

adib

Jul 29, 2019
Monkey6775 said:
adib said:

Well once an item goes in through the transposer The Regulator would request it. Once the regulator has enough they would be pushed into an inventory (chest) from the chest they are pulled out by a requestor. In the pipe to the requestor they pass through the item detector. The requestor feeds them into a incinerator or lava pit.
couldnt you just still throw random items in and clog the system?

Monkey6775

Jul 29, 2019
adib said:

No much like the current system if something is thrown in that isn't requested by one of the Regulators it would be lava pitted.

Loothias

Jul 29, 2019
The FTB team know what they are doing. That would be one of the first things they thought about.

adib

Jul 29, 2019
Monkey6775 said:
adib said:

No much like the current system if something is thrown in that isn't requested by one of the Regulators it would be lava pitted.
so it directly goes into pipes then rgulators can request it? and if they dont they fall in lava?