Mana pools not working in Infinity

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

QuantumCookies

Jul 29, 2019
I just started a world in Infinity and made a small mana farm. However, the mana spreader isn't sending mana to the mana pool. Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong, guys? This is my first time playing with Botania so I apologize if I made a stupid mistake.

Attachments

• 2015-02-08_13.40.20.png
    2015-02-08_13.40.20.png
    651.8 KB · Views: 563
  • 2015-02-08_13.40.26.png
    2015-02-08_13.40.26.png
    585.9 KB · Views: 1,108

Senseidragon

May 26, 2013
Mana pool seems to work for me. I have to keep right-clicking with the wand to see progress though, it isn't automatically updated.

QuantumCookies

Jul 29, 2019
Mana pool seems to work for me. I have to keep right-clicking with the wand to see progress though, it isn't automatically updated.
That's true; I watched DW20's videos on Botania. But mine doesn't update when I click with the wand, it just shows one pixel of mana and doesn't fill up past that. The spreader empties itself and the laser points at the pool, but the pool stays empy no matter how long I leave it. It's very frustrating since I can't advance through the mod without mana.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
I remind you that mana pools (at least of the non-diluted variety) are MASSIVE. Dayblooms make a very small amount of mana, so it will rise, very slowly. Equally, aside from certain things (making Terrasteel for instance), infusing things in the pool won't make much of a dent in the mana if the pool is full.

If you hold something you can infuse in your hand (for example an iron ingot) and hover over the Mana Pool, it'll show you if you can infuse it. A Red X means there's not enough mana. A Green Tick, means there is enough mana, a yellow one means there is enough mana, but the pool is not strong enough to perform the task. (Only applies to Diluted Mana Pools infusing anything but a mana pool to my knowledge)

Reactions: PierceSG

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
That's true; I watched DW20's videos on Botania. But mine doesn't update when I click with the wand, it just shows one pixel of mana and doesn't fill up past that. The spreader empties itself and the laser points at the pool, but the pool stays empy no matter how long I leave it. It's very frustrating since I can't advance through the mod without mana.
Not sure how long you have had it running, but with the early game flowers you are using, it takes a LONG time to fill a mana pool. I think it can take several MC days with those few flowers to fill.

Click on the spreader with your wand to see how much mana is in it. It has to fill up to a certain point before it sends mana to the pool in a burst. It is not a constant stream.

Senseidragon

May 26, 2013
Just tried it again with 13 dayblooms, 1 diluted mana pool and a mana spreader. It's slow, but it does fill.

Works faster toward mid-day, slower in morning and evening.

WmybPlQ.png

Edit: Added image.

Last edited:

QuantumCookies

Jul 29, 2019
Just tried it again with 13 dayblooms, 1 diluted mana pool and a mana spreader. It's slow, but it does fill.

Works faster toward mid-day, slower in morning and evening.

WmybPlQ.png

Edit: Added image.
The diluted mana pool hold significantly less mana than a regular one, just fyi. But thanks anyway.

QuantumCookies

Jul 29, 2019
I remind you that mana pools (at least of the non-diluted variety) are MASSIVE. Dayblooms make a very small amount of mana, so it will rise, very slowly. Equally, aside from certain things (making Terrasteel for instance), infusing things in the pool won't make much of a dent in the mana if the pool is full.

If you hold something you can infuse in your hand (for example an iron ingot) and hover over the Mana Pool, it'll show you if you can infuse it. A Red X means there's not enough mana. A Green Tick, means there is enough mana, a yellow one means there is enough mana, but the pool is not strong enough to perform the task. (Only applies to Diluted Mana Pools infusing anything but a mana pool to my knowledge)
You might be right. I'll try that. Thanks

Last edited:

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
Pretty much what everyone else said. Mana pools hold a very very very very very large amount of mana, the bar will take forever to fill with dayblooms...like minecraft months. Dayblooms are there mainly to get you enough mana to get into the next tier of flower which require something in return for the mana, be it endoflames needing burnables or Thermalillies and lava. You cannot get something from nothing easily with botania.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
So about 3 weeks ago I started Botania in my world. I got to the Daybloom stage, and filled up a Mana Pool (it took about 4 real-life days LOL).

Then I stopped Botania, just too many other things to do. I put everything into a chest, but that filled Mana Pool is still sitting where I had it, and I don't know what to do with it. Can I put the Mana into a container to store it somehow, with conduits? I just want to pick up the Mana Pool but save the Mana since it took so long to collect it. How can I do that?

Failing a storage option, please just tell me how I can best utilize the Mana - what should I infuse with it? I only made one stack each of Livingwood and Livingrock so that's as far as I got with the mod. Should I just infuse something like iron ingots (mentioned above in the thread), are those commonly used?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
So about 3 weeks ago I started Botania in my world. I got to the Daybloom stage, and filled up a Mana Pool (it took about 4 real-life days LOL).

Then I stopped Botania, just too many other things to do. I put everything into a chest, but that filled Mana Pool is still sitting where I had it, and I don't know what to do with it. Can I put the Mana into a container to store it somehow, with conduits? I just want to pick up the Mana Pool but save the Mana since it took so long to collect it. How can I do that?

mana tablet is your best option in that stage, it requires some livingrock and either a mana pearl or mana diamond

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
mana tablet is your best option in that stage, it requires some livingrock and either a mana pearl or mana diamond

Much obliged. Looks like I don't even have to make the Tablet right now, all I want to do is store or use up all the Mana I have.

Would it be possible to quickly list all the items I can infuse - so far I have Ender Pearls and Diamonds on the list - anything else commonly used in the mod? Iron Ingots didn't work.

LOL Well I just made a big mistake. I decided to try glass bottles. Sure enough, it works!! They fill up and remove Mana from the pool. Perfect, right? Nope. Turns out the bottles don't stack... but that's okay, I'll throw them into my AE2 storage. Everything always stacks in AE2, right? Wrong. They don't stack and take up too much hard drive space. LOL Ugh.

So now I have a full inventory of Mana Bottles and probably am just gonna trash em. Oh well.

Last edited:

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Is that a Diluted Mana Pool? The only thing that can infuse is a Mana Pool, it can't make anything else, and stores a fraction of the amount a full mana pool would. In a normal mana pool, in order of (approximate) useage rate:
- Iron Ingot/Block -> Manasteel Ingot/Block
-Ender Pearl -> Mana Pearl
- Diamond -> Mana Diamond
(You can use either a Mana Diamond or a Mana Pearl for the Runic Alter and Mana Tablets, which are the main uses for the two, pre-elven.)
- Glass -> Managlass (also an awsome decorative, light-giving, glass)
- Nether Quartz -> Mana Quartz (Mostly decorative)
- Diluted Mana Pool -> Mana Pool (For completeness sake)

I think that's everything, that doesn't require use of a catalyst.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
It's a regular Mana Pool, first thing I did was upgrade my pools. And it holds a lot of Mana, holy cow. :)

Thanks for the assistance. I'll try the Mana Glass and Quartz, sounds pretty cool.

I wonder why my Iron Ingots didn't work? Manasteel might be useful. NEVERMIND - figured it out... I'm playing GregTech modpack and sure enough "Manasteel" does indeed require steel ingots, not iron. Good old Greg. :D That's perfect tho, I'll use the rest of it up on Manasteel then, and I can finally pick up that pool that's been in the way. hehe

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Oh - i forgot the most obvious one.... Mystical Petals > Mana Petals

I should have rembered as it had MANA in the name... I'd put them between Manasteel and Mana Pearls though