Making Mob spawners in 1.12?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
D

Daihok

Anyone know of an updated mod that you can make mob spawners in 1.12?

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Off the top of my head, I think RFtools has a 1.12 beta and has its spawner?

Actually Additions has a 1.12 release, and doesn't have a spawner itself, but you can create a spawner changer so that existing spawners can be converted into ones for a different mob.

D

Daihok

Yea forgot about rf tools spawner never used it, but trying to stay close to vanilla as i can, I have never played much vanilla so i have no clue how to get villagers to my base lol.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Yea forgot about rf tools spawner never used it, but trying to stay close to vanilla as i can, I have never played much vanilla so i have no clue how to get villagers to my base lol.
Ah yeah, that's problematic ;) My two tools of choice for that, the lasso and the soul vial, are both in mods that aren't in 1.12 yet.

One possibility is (and this is very old school) set up a water channel 1 wide and 3 high, dropping down a block whenever you need to, and literally washing them away! Needless to say, that runs the risk of being SUPER tedious. If you're happy to go a bit less vanilla, you could use the Dark Utilities vector plates to scoot them into and then along a channel - if you don't want to spend tonnes on them, you could have one set and use it to move villagers from one room to the next.

My thinking is, you'd dig out two rooms with a 1 wide, 3 high tunnel between, lined with vector plates. If you can get the villagers into the first room and onto the plates, they'll scoot along to the second room. Close them in there, remove the plates and then dig a new room and tunnel further along - your second room then becomes the first room, and they get scooted from that one into the next. Rinse and repeat! Again, tedious, but possible.

If you're going long distance, and can render the Nether fairly safe, you MAY be able to get them to go through a nether portal, travel a distance in the Nether, and then pop through another portal to the overworld.

Reactions: Daihok
D

Daihok

ahh cool thanks for the tips yea i dont think dark utilitys would add anything to op. Still debating adding actually additions it became one of my fav mods.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
I believe you can force villagers (and all mobs for that matter) into minecarts and now even in boats.

Another option is to cure a zombie villager. You need an golden apple and I believe an weakness potion to do so. After you have 2 you can make a villager breeder, should be plenty tutorials online on how to do that. (Maybe make a iron golem spawner while you are at it)

D

Daihok

Cool thanks for another tip Len. What do you guys think is actually additions to OP for vanilla or not really to OP? lol

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Another option is to cure a zombie villager. You need an golden apple and I believe an weakness potion to do so. After you have 2 you can make a villager breeder, should be plenty tutorials online on how to do that. (Maybe make a iron golem spawner while you are at it)
This is a brilliant idea! :) I've always wanted to do this, and never gotten round to it.

Cool thanks for another tip Len. What do you guys think is actually additions to OP for vanilla or not really to OP? lol
This is a tough one. I LOVE Actually Additions - its one of my favourite mods too. That's part of the reason I'm going heavy on the canola gen in my current Beyond, even though I could move on to other less effort-intensive methods at this point! But, the drill when fully upgraded with speed and a size boost is pretty powerful it has to be said. I think "OP" is very much in the eyes of the beholder. A lot of folks consider the canola gen to be overpowered next to many other methods, but for me its really not - especially when put up next to the IE diesel gen with an effective melon production line. But it also adds some really nice world gen with the lush caves and stuff, its machines stuff look lovely, its just... yeah, its great, and I think it fits in nicely with vanilla.

D

Daihok

Yea i pretty much love all the textures from act additions except for one , the green house glass, it could be so much better. Is there a way for me to swap that texture with a different one from anothe rpack like if i name the new one the same?

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Yea i pretty much love all the textures from act additions except for one , the green house glass, it could be so much better. Is there a way for me to swap that texture with a different one from anothe rpack like if i name the new one the same?
Unfortunately there I can't help - I have no experience at all in that area! @lenscas do you have any knowhow, or know anyone with the knowhow?

D

Daihok

Im pretty sure i can do it
I have mixed texture pack now from several texture packs. Still working on it slowly But its looking beautiful.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
you need to make a custom texture pack. Also, you now don't need to make 1 big texture pack as you can select multiple at the same time. It will first try to find the texture in the texture pack selected on the top and will make its way down.

I have no idea how to make a resource pack though

D

Daihok

Yea i removed actually additon as much as i didnt want to. But that drill just to OP for vanilla lol.