Making Electrum using Applied Energistics (AE)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Alice

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys,

I have just started using AE and I am loving it so far, but I have come across a problem that I can't work out myself, so I would be grateful if anyone has already come up with a solution could help me.

I would like to automate the production of tesseracts and various other items from thermal expansion that use electrum.

I love using the TE machines alongside AE, so preferably I would like a solution that uses these.

I am not worried whether I go from:
  • Using the Pulverizer & Furnace: gold & silver ingots --> gold & silver dust --> electrum dust --> electrum ingots
or​
  • Using the Induction Smelter: gold & silver ingots --> electrum ingots

First of all I thought the first one (pulverizing then furnac-ing(!)) would be the best solution, but the way I have my ore processing set up at the moment is: precision export buses on top of pulverizers looking for ores --> then imported into the network --> precision export buses on top of powered furnaces looking for the already pulverized dusts in the network--> then imported back into the network.
Therefore I am going to run into the problem of the furnaces taking the pulverized silver & gold dust and smelting them as separate ingots before they could be crafted into electrum dust.
Is the system/network intelligent enough to know that when needing to craft electrum dust, it would provide the dusts for crafting before the furnace picks them up?

Hopefully that all made sense - tried to explain it as well as possible :)

quantumllama

Jul 29, 2019
You can do fancy level emitter logic which would stop gold and silver bar production unless you have a certain amount of electrum ingots in the system and maybe autocraft electrum dust and smelt it until you get that number. I'm sure it's possible, but I haven't set up that big of an AE system on my own yet.

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
I would suggest having your Pulverisers auto-output into Powered Furnaces, and then have Basic Import Buses pulling out the furnaces. Then, you have a dedicated Pulveriser and Furnace setup for making stuff like Electrum.

tindin

Jul 29, 2019
they way i do it for electrum ingots is just have the auto crafting craft it as needed as long as you have the right steps in the right places (ingots to dust pulverizer dust to electrum dust in craft cpu ingot in furnace) then it'll get crafted as needed

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
actually I think you can have the inputs of the induction smelter share a side and when the interface puts 2 different items in there everything will work as expected (1slot will get gold and the other will get silver, also I think that resources reserved for crafting aren't exported but I'd have to check

sarathor

Jul 29, 2019
My ore automation like silver and gold are completely hands free, so I use the induction furnace. Because my base is running mainly off EU, I use power converters to change of into MJ. I set up an interface on top, make the recipe, and make sure the input is set to both sides on the config of the furnace. For the output I had trouble with using the import bus, so I just place an ender chest next to the output and it works perfectly.

Alice

Jul 29, 2019
actually I think you can have the inputs of the induction smelter share a side and when the interface puts 2 different items in there everything will work as expected (1slot will get gold and the other will get silver, also I think that resources reserved for crafting aren't exported but I'd have to check

Yes you can, but the problem is getting the AE network to send 1 silver and 1 gold at the same time.

I think I have worked it out in a creative world, so I will post my solution later!

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
Skip the dusts, just use gold and silver ingots.

Have an me interface on the side of your induction smelter with the crafting recipe: 2 electrum from 1 gold and 1 silver. Set the input of your induction smelter to the same side (blue). For redundancy don't request more than 128 electrum at a time (although this restriction may not be needed at all).