Making a server with real estate

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

HeraBulldog

Jul 29, 2019
Hello guys

For many years ago before feed the beast i had a custom server with bukkit mods, i used economy mods to make trading places and lot's you could rent, buy and lease..

Is there any kind of mods that work on ftb servers 1,7 or 1,6 i can use on real estate? I know that mytown2 is currently under development, and i could use that but i kinda aiming for a more auto system with money or diamonds.

Call me crazy but this is what i want

The server: You start in a overworld with borders you are not allowed to dig or
build in it.. only explore.. to build and dig you need to buy a lot.. and these lot's is pre-made
to make towns. The lots cost in-game money and you need to sell stuff, do tasks for the admin,
kill monsters or win building competitions to earn your money..
There will be some portals to worlds that you can do what the hell you want to do in, but they will reset often. one's a week or so..
Quarries, Turtles and the heaviest chunk loaders will be banned

My plan with this is that the server lasts forever and remains stable even after years and your home will stay there safe and secure. (yeah i said years)

Do you guys think that this is possible for a FTB modpack 1,7 server? and what do you recommend for modpack or mods to use with this?
I know all of this was possible before but now the mods that i know of are old and outdated.

Last edited:

HeraBulldog

Jul 29, 2019
What is your experince with Towny? do this works good?.. i see they have updatet it to 1,8 already.. but it is impossible to work with ftb?

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
If you want a "decent" plots "plugin" for forge servers, I suggest ForgeEssentials. It adds all the "essential" commands for a server (/home, permissions, groups, etc.) but there is also a plot system in there, which you can sell using server economy.
Also, because ForgeEssentials is a mod, not a plugin, you do not need bukkit/cauldron, which could slow the server

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
.... you do not need bukkit/cauldron, which could slow the server

Err lol on it's own cauldron installs spigot, spigot makes (in MC 1.7.10s case) boosts performance server side in untold numbers, it's only servers which throw in 100s of plugins that causes slow downs. Your statement above couldn't be further from the truth, without cauldron/spigot in 1.7 servers would be reduced to 10 players max or pregenned, limited worlds.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Err lol on it's own cauldron installs spigot, spigot makes (in MC 1.7.10s case) boosts performance server side in untold numbers, it's only servers which throw in 100s of plugins that causes slow downs. Your statement above couldn't be further from the truth, without cauldron/spigot in 1.7 servers would be reduced to 10 players max or pregenned, limited worlds.
I haven't used Cauldron before, but I expected it to be like Bukkit/MCPC+ used to be; when you installed it you used more RAM then without it

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Well even Jadedcat was reduced to considering it (and she's a staunch disliker of cauldron/bukkit) for 1.7 until the whole shitstorm with Mojang/licenses/DRMs that caused everything to get pulled.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
A much better idea: Simply post a thread about your server as a whole and ask each question you have as it comes. Or, even better, there's an "Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer" thread up at the top of this particular forum. Your questions are simple enough to qualify; you're bound to get answers there just as well as creating a thread.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
A much better idea: Simply post a thread about your server as a whole and ask each question you have as it comes. Or, even better, there's an "Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer" thread up at the top of this particular forum. Your questions are simple enough to qualify; you're bound to get answers there just as well as creating a thread.
Sorry to sound like a douche, but these are questions that other people may want to know the answer to too... So I think these different threads are perfectly ok.
When something is posted in the AaSQGaSA thread, there is little chance of people seeing the answers in a few days time; meaning the same question gets asked again. Whereas a separate thread gets the attention, and people can search for it, and see the thread title, etc.
Although having 20 questions which are all about 1 server is a little "annoying" 2 or 3 is perfectly fine :)

HeraBulldog

Jul 29, 2019
yeah but i want to ask some more questions about the same topic :).. that is harder in AaSWGaSA thread..
The point is that i am making a server and i have none right now

Call me crazy but this is what i want

The server: You start in a overworld with borders you are not allowed to dig or
build in it.. only explore.. to build and dig you need to buy a lot.. and these lot's is pre-made
to make towns. The lots cost in-game money and you need to sell stuff, do tasks for the admin,
kill monsters or win building competitions to earn your money..
There will be some portals to worlds that you can do what the hell you want to do in, but they will reset often. one's a week or so..
Quarries, Turtles and the heaviest chunk loaders will be banned

My plan with this is that the server lasts forever and remains stable even after years and your home will stay there safe and secure. (yeah i said years)

Do you guys think that this is possible for a FTB modpack 1,7 server? and what do you recommend for modpack or mods to use with this?
I know all of this was possible before but now the mods that i know of are old and outdated.
im thinking towny with money plugins and such

Edit: updated the thread to this

Last edited:

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible? Yes, if you know what you're doing.
Should you do it? Probably not. It could be a PITA, especially if a player is in the "refreshed" world after a restart.

But as for mod packs, I suggest looking in the 3rd party mod pack section. If you want your server to have a long player-time investment then I suggest Thermal Progression by @Elit3WolfPack and doing his pack may get you some players that will stay for a while ;)

Reactions: Elit3WolfPack

HeraBulldog

Jul 29, 2019
yeah the server is for me and my friends but i want to accept new ones if it works. Whitelist of course.

i can set up a warning when the worlds resetting
i remember it was a lot of fun.. we build nice houses and sold them to earn in-game money.. had a small motel for rent and such.. but a lot of work setting up the server

i will look on that pack thanks

Last edited:

Elit3WolfPack

Jul 29, 2019
Well first off, this actually sounds like a really cool idea.
More on topic, if you wanted an in game currency rather than a plugin, the mod Artifice adds its own coins. The recipe for crafting them can be disabled and its possible to convert from each level of coins. Then you could set mob drops to include the coins (like a guaranteed amount of some with a percentage of getting a higher amount) Of course, in this case you would probably want it to be a player kill only drop like spider eyes so that way you can't auto-farm coins.
For shops, you could either do actual player shops or some mods add trade blocks like ic2's trade-o-mat or apparently forestry has a trading system, too.
This wouldn't necessarily be the easier path (or is it?), but if you would rather not use plugins then it could work with some tinkering.

Reactions: HeraBulldog

HeraBulldog

Jul 29, 2019
that sounds a bit to advanced for me.. i'm very new to "make my own packs" and config them to each other, but coin drops sounds way much cooler than have a commandmoneythingy

have tried your modpack for a few hours now and i loooove it.. i'm gonna use this on my server

tier crafting and tier lot space.. i love it

Last edited:

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Nope, it's a "plugin". So you don't have any blocks or items. You just have commands, e.g.: "/feperm"

HeraBulldog

Jul 29, 2019
/feperm = Unknown command... crap
I downloaded the forge essentials 1.7.10 Beta 2 server file and unziped it to the minecraft server folder

i also downloaded and added the client 1.7.10 Beta 2 client
the client seems to work just fine (it is one of the 165 mods in my list)

i'm testing on dedicated server from my computer

HeraBulldog

Jul 29, 2019
ok this is what i do to testcheck if it works:
download and extract the modpack server 1.7.10 files
sett eula true
set me to op
start the server.....Done
close the server
Add the forge essentials 1.7.10 beta 2 server. (2 folders and 1 readme file).. the mods folder merges
start the server
join the server
/feperm = unknown command

Merry Christmas btw! :)

Last edited:

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Did you add the latest, or the 1.7 version (assuming you are using 1.7) as the latest is for 1.8 :p

And it's not Christmas yet >.>