Major LAG help please!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Harish

Jul 29, 2019
im used to get like 10-15 fps with the mindcrack mod pack with also running a mindcrack modpack server on the same laptop. Now i get 2fps and i get this tick thing. Heres a pic

Attachments

• 2013-03-28_15.01.00.png
    2013-03-28_15.01.00.png
    195.3 KB · Views: 125

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
o_o

Do you have optifine installed? are your settings low? is your java on high priority?

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I'm getting that a lot too. Don't know why, but when I turned off XyCraft my lag went down. I never questioned why.
I have a feeling that Ultimate is only using XyCraft v0.10.13, but I don't know for sure(nor do I really care).

tehBlobLord

Jul 29, 2019
There are one or two other settings a lot of people forget, although I seriously doubt they would cause this much lag; turn snooper thingy off and make sure that your video card can use Open GL
Also, do you have a lot of microblocks in your house? They cause a fair bit of lag on some systems.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
if someone gets offended at something like that then they deserve to be offended imo. Fuck'm
My computer seems to be just like Harish', sometimes my FPS tanks to that and then sometimes it hovvers in the 20s. I don't really know what's up with it tbh, kinda annoying as I have to hit T or E and just wait out the lag until it stops.

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
Tick? Sounds like you have a lot of stuff that's forcing your computer to check a bunch of stuff every tick.

Try to find any and all sources of lag, such as large solar arrays, pretty much any sort of complex self-intersecting-a-large-number-of-times EU system, or Pipes/Tubes with a ton of stuff in them for no apparent reason.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
I get the same thing, but funny thing is... I'll get it at the start of a world, without having built everything. Even switching to peaceful and letting the game load for an hour and I still get shitty FPS... it's pretty torrid.

tehBlobLord

Jul 29, 2019
I get the same thing, but funny thing is... I'll get it at the start of a world, without having built everything. Even switching to peaceful and letting the game load for an hour and I still get shitty FPS... it's pretty torrid.
Xycraftshinyoresoflaggydeathandpainforalleternity?

Reactions: Whovian

tehBlobLord

Jul 29, 2019
I've railed against the quartz crystals before, sooo wish there was a way to have xycraft without those laggy useless things :(
The problem is that they create pseudo-air blocks underground that the world then has to generate which create tons of lag; the pocket edition of minecraft doesn't even have caves because they cause lag, and this mod decides to make thousands upon thousands (seriously, look through a world gen error or an xray machine) of tiny lag machines.
That's my one major gripe with Xycraft...

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
The problem is that they create pseudo-air blocks underground that the world then has to generate which create tons of lag; the pocket edition of minecraft doesn't even have caves because they cause lag, and this mod decides to make thousands upon thousands (seriously, look through a world gen error or an xray machine) of tiny lag machines.
That's my one major gripe with Xycraft...
yeah I totally agree :)

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
Go into options and click the 'Lag' button to set to 'off' mode.
Or just go play a game where the vanilla game doesn't have tons of lag. I always tell my friend that minecraft is really laggy and he points out, "well it's okay because it's the infinite world gen."
We don't even need infinite world gen if they focused on better things than bats and pie. Really eager for that new game "Timber and stones" I think it's called. Looks like it's not laggy. We really don't need infinite world gen, look at terraria. It did great without it. I think the world gen should be able to be turned off so you can just expand the world a little bit at a time if a new update comes out.

Harish

Jul 29, 2019
well, thanks guys for the help but it seems to just be my laptop...i tried on a different computer and i was getting 20fps without running the server on the same computer. Seems like i cant run the server and play on the same laptop anymore.:(