Magnetostatic Engine Upgrades, where are they?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Frized

Jul 29, 2019
Hi. I am trying to power Rotarycraft extractors using magnetostaic engines but keep falling short on either speed or torque. Setup up is as follows

RF -> Magnetostatic Engine -> 16x Diamond Gearbox set to Speed -> Bevel Gear -> Extractor

I can either get enough speed but not enough torque and vice versa. Everything I am reading says I need to upgrade the tiers on the engine, however the recipe doesn't work and I cannot find the item in NEI.

I am using Monster v1.1.1

Anyone know anything about why the upgrades aren't available or am I doing something wrong? Thanks for any input.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
They are there, search for upgrade in NEI and look for the rotarycraft ones... Tier 1 is easy, Tier 2 needs you to magnetize it then 3 and 4 are just crafting recipes(with some fairly exotic ingredients I must say)

Buy you're base problem is that you need to do the maths, look up the torque and speed for the various tiers, look up the values needed for the extractor and match. You can't just shove a machine onto a gearbox and engine and expect it to work.

A tier 5 magnetostatic for example will rip a 16x speed diamond gearbox to shreds...

Also you need to set the speed of the magnetostatic in the GUI.

And if you're trying to brute force it to get 5x production out of the extractor without actually playing rotarycraft you're out of luck chum, it won't work.

Frized

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, and thanks for the reply.

I have checked NEI and they are not listed when I enter several different search variables. I have tried "Tier", "Converter", and "upgrade", and even manually searched just the Rotarycraft items. I found a reference to the item number, and it does not appear in NEI and neither does the recipe work.

With that said, this isn't my first time with Rotarycraft, i've been using it for a long time, even back when you could adjust a Magnetostatic to run the extractor without any gearbox. The setup I just had before something happened and the chunk got screwed up was as I stated above. Im not trying to "brute force" anything, im just trying to figure out why I can't make the upgrades to the magnetostatic engines.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm ok, someone who has played monster is needed... Just ticking off the usual suspects when it comes to Rotarycraft.

Wiki here http://rotarycraft.wikia.com/wiki/Magnetostatic_Engine, in the comments it states you need to search for "Converter Tier 2 Upgrade (30812:2)", also explains the magnetising process

EDIT: nvm appears you've already read that, does monster even have the upgrades cos it's fairly old? I would check changelogs to see when they were added

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Monster 1.1.1 has RotaryCraft v19 IIRC, which has the old un-tiered Magnetostatic engines which don't need upgrades and are equivalent in output to the newer Tier 4 ones.