Magmatic engines - Item Power

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

L0neGamer

Jul 29, 2019
Can I use lava cells, or lava cans to power these, or does it have to be lava from a pipe?

Mero

Jul 29, 2019
Yes you can. I use lava cells until my magma crucible starts producing lava from netherrack

L0neGamer

Jul 29, 2019
Should this work then?
2013-01-05_11.35.51.png
2013-01-05_11.35.55.png

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure if your wooden-golden-wooden-golden-... setup will work.
Bettter have a continuous golden line where the wooden ones feed into.
If you have the materials for it: convert your conductive pipes to redstone conduits, so the engines will throttle themselves down (and thus use less lava), if demand is low.

Why your lava can isn't emptied in the engine? Don't know. I'll have to try it out myself now, maybe I find the cause.
edit: No clue. All four stackable lava containers (didn't try buckets) were accepted without fail, it just took a second or so for the engine to notice the containers. Worked both an redstoned and non-redstoned engines.

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
The way you have it set up, the redstone line isn't actually affecting any of the engines. The lever is powering the first one directly, none of the others are activated. Either of these changes should work:

2013-01-05_13.24.23.png

[edit] I tried your setup, and MilConDoinis right, pipes the way you have them won't transfer enough power. Move the gold pipes one block forward, and have the wood pipes connect to them sideways.

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
I see your redstone signal is on, did you configure the engines? The default setting is to run whenever redstone is NOT applied.

[edit] Nevermind, even when they're not active, they should put the lava in their buffer. This looks like a bug - have you tried using buckets?

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
Figured it out.
You're using FTB BETA A. (See the MC 1.4.2 version?)
In the versions used in this pack the magmatic engines couldn't fill themselves via cans/capsules/cells. That capability was added later.
For us it worked, because we tried it out in one of the newer packs :)

L0neGamer

Jul 29, 2019
OHHHH. ok... i'll try buckets then[DOUBLEPOST=1357390504][/DOUBLEPOST]BUCKETS WORK!!!! WOOT

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
The liquid transposer idea from our resident hamster was the thought, that you would gather the lava elsewhere via cells to feed the engines. Since your main lava source (after an initial startup bucket) already produces liquid, you won't need the transposer :)
The liquiducts aren't really needed when you have the pipes, they just use a bit less CPU power, if I've understood their concept correctly.

L0neGamer

Jul 29, 2019
Are World anchors worth it? i have a turtle in the nether, but it freezes when i go out...

Evil Hamster

Jul 29, 2019
This is what I get for jumping on the forums in the morning before coffee...

I thought you were using the engines to power your quarry using cells from the chest...

Ignore my post, the waterproof pipes are ok. Liquiducts are a bit less lag inducing but that's not relevant to this thread.

L0neGamer

Jul 29, 2019
Redstone energy cell doesn't work.. do the conduits just go into it, or do i have to use conductive pipes?

wizy

Jul 29, 2019
you should change the conduits direction with wrench i think , i dont use bc pipes anymore they are outdated