Magic World 2 - Updating Ars Magica

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

RestrictedDruid

Jul 29, 2019
I decided to give Ars Magica a try after watching Dire play it on the restart of Forgecraft 1. I figured that it would be best to play it through "Magic World 2", the modpack intended for magical play.

I went to play it and realized it had an older version (1.0.2b) of Ars Magica. There have been quite a few changes to it since then and some of the items that Dire is making on Forgecraft 1 are unavailable in the Magic World 2 pack.

I downloaded version 1.1.2 of Ars Magica and placed in into the mods folder, but upon booting up the pack was greeted with "A list of ID conflicts has been written to the file 'IDConflicts.txt' in your minecraft directory".

Which pack should I be playing this mod on in order to have the most updated version? Or is there a way to update this mod within Magic World 2? There doesn't seem to be a lot of information or posts about it from a simple search of these forums.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
I personally have updated the following:

AM2 1.1.1c
Biomes O Plenty 1.2.4.416
Blood Magic 0.7.0a
Thaumic Tinkerer 2.1-58
Twilight Forest 1.20.3
Witchery 0-12-0_164

I also disabled:

DyeTrees
Farlanders

There is a master config that should hopefully fix the ID settings for you. I personally am only running single player with this and am not planning on joining any servers, so I just fixed the ID conflicts manually myself. My config won't be compatible with any updates, but at this point I don't plan on playing the next version of the modpack unless I start a new world. If you have issues with the master configs, and don't plan on server play, I will be willing to share my configs with you.

RestrictedDruid

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for your response. I am only doing Single Player and having your configs would be amazing as I have no idea how to go about futzing around with the master configs.

RestrictedDruid

Jul 29, 2019
I've got everything in place and booted up, but I'm not able to create a BoP world. Trying to figure out what I've messed up.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Try renaming your original config folder, and use the attached one instead.

RestrictedDruid

Jul 29, 2019
Try renaming your original config folder, and use the attached one instead.

So you mean, keep both config folders in the "minecraft" folder, but rename the original to something else (so it won't be used) and place your attached config folder inside?

Taiine

Jul 29, 2019
Truth be told the error you are getting is a common one and you can fix it easy on your own.

Here's what it is and how to fix it for ALL future mods.

It's a simple ID conflict, the ID's to blocks that AM2 is using is already used by other mods.
To fix it, open up the IDConflicts.tx file that has been generated for you, as per the error message. ""A list of ID conflicts has been written to the file 'IDConflicts.txt' in your minecraft directory"." and it will tell you exactly what is conflicting with what, AND what ID's are free.

For example
When I added Magical Crops to the DW201.6 pack, I got this in my IDConflicts.tx file.
4080: TFUncraftingTable from TwilightForest - blockSilverOre from magicalcrops
4081: blockThermalMonitor from IC2NuclearControl - blockTinOre from magicalcrops
Suggested Ranges: 2830-3119 (290 IDs), 3664-3897 (234 IDs), 1556-1752 (197 IDs)

What that is telling me is:
The uncrafting table from Twilight Forest has the same ID as the Silverore block from Magical Crops
The Thermal Monitor from IC2's Nuke Control has the same ID that Magical crops is trying to use.

Note the bold parts. Those are the item ID's that's conflicting.
Look at suggested ranges, there's whats free.

Now go into the mods config, for my example, it's the magical crops config. There'll be a section somewhere in it that lists the ID's it's using for it's items.. for me it showed
I:"Mod Blocks: Silver Ore"=4080
I:"Mod Blocks: Tin Ore"=4081

You can do an easy search for the item ID to take you right to the part of the config that holds it.

So what do we do? Look at the suggested ranges. So I changed the above to
I:"Mod Blocks: Silver Ore"=2980
I:"Mod Blocks: Tin Ore"=2981

That's between the ranges that are not used, and you are done. The mod will now work.

That is how you fix ALL ID conflicts. Look at IDConflicts.tx, open the mods config, change item ID's.

RestrictedDruid

Jul 29, 2019
As someone on the road to becoming a teacher I always respect those who "teach a man to fish". That was the easiest thing I've ever done equipped with your explanation.

My thanks.

Edit: As to my above problem with Biomes O Plenty not being a world type choice I had downloaded an "api" version of the mod file not a "universal" one. Changing that fixed the issue.

Last edited: