Magic Farm Skyblock Guide v 0.9

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Katekyi

Jul 29, 2019
100% of the world applies criticisms. Your baby might not be loved by everyone but its special to you. Personally I played MF for a week, then put it away. Its not for me but good luck to everyone who plays it.

Reactions: tatsu011

tatsu011

Jul 29, 2019
I saw that on your twitter. I was going to make a list of my own based on the CTM maps and the original FTB map. :p

It would be obscenely expensive and useless things (like the AE Quantum Gate thingy whose name I cannot remember at this time.)

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
@glennox

That is a difficult one. You can sift many stacks of dirt (I suggest against this) or wait for a cow to spawn to get a slime ball, then combine it with a sapling to get a rubber sapling.

EDIT: Forgot to say that you can get slime balls by adding a bucket of milk to a barrel of water and waiting for it to turn dark green, then right clicking it. You can wait a bit longer to spawn slimes from the barrel.

tatsu011

Jul 29, 2019
I actually found something very interesting regarding slimes. I'll go ahead and put it into the guide.

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
Just a thought, but you should go with with a waterless pistonless mob trap with signs, punji sticks and hoppers. If you want I can post mine. I have enough gunpowder that I am currently powering my base on TNT via the XU TNT generator.

Katekyi

Jul 29, 2019
Note to Jadedcat, check you are using the latest Ex Nihilo pack. There was a bug that removed the rubber saplings. Hopefully he has fixed it now. 1.27 latest.

Last edited:

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Note to Jadedcat, check you are using the latest Ex Nihilo pack. There was a bug that removed the rubber saplings. Hopefully he has fixed it now. 1.27 latest.

I am using 1.27[DOUBLEPOST=1393850142][/DOUBLEPOST]
@glennox

That is a difficult one. You can sift many stacks of dirt (I suggest against this) or wait for a cow to spawn to get a slime ball, then combine it with a sapling to get a rubber sapling.

EDIT: Forgot to say that you can get slime balls by adding a bucket of milk to a barrel of water and waiting for it to turn dark green, then right clicking it. You can wait a bit longer to spawn slimes from the barrel.

Congealed blood from the smeltery also works.

cannajan

Jul 29, 2019
Just a thought, but you should go with with a waterless pistonless mob trap with signs, punji sticks and hoppers. If you want I can post mine. I have enough gunpowder that I am currently powering my base on TNT via the XU TNT generator.
I'd love to see your set up - I used a checkerboard pattern of holes and blocks with trapdoors in my past waterless farm, but would like to try something new