Luke’s (Hopefully) comprehensive modpack making guide. (For FTB)

Did this guide help you?

• Total voters

Boozfob

Jul 29, 2019
I was going to try to make a modpack for my private server for 1.6.4 but i cant choose minecraft 1.6.4 in MultiMC

Is this normal or do i have a problem on my side?

Last edited:

Boozfob

Jul 29, 2019
MultiMC doesn't currently have support for MC1.6 and up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Ok, do i have to wait for it to update or can i make a pack anyway?
If i for example look in hoprizons or direwolf20s folders they only diffrence is they got forge in a folder called 1.6.4 (inside the mods folder)
Can i just put forge in there and start adding mods manually?

Jyric_Qaewyn

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, do i have to wait for it to update or can i make a pack anyway?
If i for example look in hoprizons or direwolf20s folders they only diffrence is they got forge in a folder called 1.6.4 (inside the mods folder)
Can i just put forge in there and start adding mods manually?

You can either make a 1.5.2 pack or try to achieve the required format for sending in without MultiMC.

Jyric_Qaewyn

Jul 29, 2019
I've got it on my laptop :p Apparently it still has bugs although I haven't seen any thus far

I just got it, seeing as the FTB launcher now supports 1.6 packs I'm preparing the next version of my pack, I just hope that they're accepting third party 1.6 ones.

Electro44

Jul 29, 2019
I just got it, seeing as the FTB launcher now supports 1.6 packs I'm preparing the next version of my pack, I just hope that they're accepting third party 1.6 ones.

I don't think they are yet, they might be though, and it's better to have it made before it can be released rather than rushing it after we can put out 1.6 packs. They may not be uploading 3rd party til all the new packs are out, or even til the new launcher's out (I hope not)

Jyric_Qaewyn

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think they are yet, they might be though, and it's better to have it made before it can be released rather than rushing it after we can put out 1.6 packs. They may not be uploading 3rd party til all the new packs are out, or even til the new launcher's out (I hope not)

That's true. Looking at slowpoke's post he says that it'll be easier to upload 3rd party modpacks in the future. I hope that's true as the current system is a bit of a pain.

lukeb28

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry for not responding to questions. If you wish to make a 1.6+ version of the modpack.jar you can reference my guide in the Technic forums although I am not sure how the FTB launcher handles things.

http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/luke’s-hopefully-comprehensive-modpack-making-guide.44197/#post-362584

*Points at Technic platform*
It can do everything you want. I will leave it at that.