Low FPS on my own rig/server?

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

tim0teh

Jul 29, 2019
Title:
Low FPS on my own rig/server?
Launcher Version:
Latest
Modpack:
Infinity evolved
Modpack Version:
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
I'm like 99% sure my hardware is good enough to be getting flawless frames but I don't.

I'm hosting a server for a few friends on FTB using infinity evolved 2.2.2
The server has 8 gigs of ram (only 3 people) I have my client using 5 gigs of ram.
My pc has 16, never has it gone over 11 used at once running so far.

It's using my Samsung 850 evo pro ssd.
I have a Msi gtx 970
Cpu is Intel 5960x

Server only uses like 10% max of my cpu at peak.
GPU only usage only jumps to like 30-40% at peak.

But my FPS always dips below 144 (my monitor is 144)

My intake settings maxed, max frame rate, vsync off.

I would understand low FPS if my GPU was at 100% usage and maxed out, but it never does. Any clues? Sorry if this the the wrong section for something like this.

AuricPolaris

Jul 29, 2019
When you say "low", what value do you mean? Also, you can have the best of all personal computers, but that doesn't necessarily mean that the JVM is going to utilize everything available to it.

tim0teh

Jul 29, 2019
When you say "low", what value do you mean? Also, you can have the best of all personal computers, but that doesn't necessarily mean that the JVM is going to utilize everything available to it.
My monitor is 144hz, it maxes out at 144 FPS. I can play pretty much any game on a stable 144 FPS.
FTB keeps bouncing below 40 and it's noticeably annoying.

That's exactly what I'm asking, is there any way to get the game to utilize what I have available?