Low Fps Need Help Please!!!

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
So amd is better with multi threading that I do know, is there a way to either make minecraft use multi threading or set my cpu for better single thread when I'm playing?
No and no. In theory it's possible to force MC to distribute work more evenly, but the one modder who was doing it stopped due to it causing so many issues. What you could try doing is overclock your CPU, as that would up your single threaded performance. Just make sure you have a decent CPU cooler.

B

BlackenedHeaven

No and no. In theory it's possible to force MC to distribute work more evenly, but the one modder who was doing it stopped due to it causing so many issues. What you could try doing is overclock your CPU, as that would up your single threaded performance. Just make sure you have a decent CPU cooler.
That's what I was going to do, Im very good with computers just not java/ technical background of minecraft haha

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
It's okay, Minecraft in general is a fustercluck in terms of its codebase. Most of the updates have just been Mojang cleaning it up.

B

BlackenedHeaven

It's okay, Minecraft in general is a fustercluck in terms of its codebase. Most of the updates have just been Mojang cleaning it up.
Yea havnt looked at alot of the code as java isn't my strong suit but from what I did look at it looks to me as they threw this game out here half finished to see if it would kick off then when it got big they hit the issue of oh fuck we have to update this if we want more money

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
Just asking g sure you checked have you turned off fps lock thingy . I know I have the 6 core card of the one you have and a raedon 970 and if it is on I get around 80 fps in a new world with it off I get around 300. In a heavy automated world I still get over a 100 fps.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

B

BlackenedHeaven

Just asking g sure you checked have you turned off fps lock thingy . I know I have the 6 core card of the one you have and a raedon 970 and if it is on I get around 80 fps in a new world with it off I get around 300. In a heavy automated world I still get over a 100 fps.

your talking about the fps lock in the game correct, if so then yea its set to unlimited.

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
I meant v sync had a brain fart yesterday.

F

ftbeasty35

here is a little secret for low performance computer to get 100+ fps

-give game at least 2gb ram in jvm arguments
-launch game
-make sure fast craft installed if not here it is >>>>> https://mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/242677-fastcraft
-lower video settings to the lowest possible (works without optifine)
-stand still in the Esc menu for about 5 mins with the mouse on options button
-move mous to another button and see if there is delay,if there is wait more until there is no delay
-get out of Esc menu and wait another 5 mins
-enjoy!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-if fps still low copy all mods of the modpack u are using and paste it into regular forge mod folder and then try
-if still doesnt work remove mystcraft

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
I noticed mip-maps have the biggest hit on my graphics. card. might try a new world, to see if it is related to what the world is running. And wait for it to load. I never get above 10fps while loading the world, and it takes my computer awhile. Might be worth changing different settings. Then undoing that and trying a different one. To see which ones hit the FPS the most. I tend to play with mip-maps, anti-whatits, vsync, fps limiter all off. I still don't get good framerates most the time, and they only get worse as infrastructure increases. Still get a lot better framerate then with them on. The rest is set to max(if I remember right), except for view distance is always set to 10.

?what version of minecraft? I seem to remember ?1.10? finally fixed the issue with it rendering the entire loaded area. Instead of just what you might sanely be able to see.