lost my tunnel bore, help please

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sorry, but if you cannot even find the place where you built it and started it off (how is that even possible to forget?), and cannot figure out how to run DynMap to find where something keeps generating new chunks in a straight line, then we cannot help you any further.

samthepowerstig

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sorry, but if you cannot even find the place where you built it and started it off (how is that even possible to forget?), and cannot figure out how to run DynMap to find where something keeps generating new chunks in a straight line, then we cannot help you any further.
i built my tunnel bore underground, at a random location and secondly dynmap only works for servers. I know I could put my world onto a server but instead i used another program called journey Map, that I don't understand

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
i built my tunnel bore underground, at a random location and secondly dynmap only works for servers. I know I could put my world onto a server but instead i used another program called journey Map, that I don't understand

Most of the map tools out there are kinda derpy to use. just keep trying different ones til you find one that does the job easily enough, or go for something hard to use but really good like minecraft overviewer.

Altho mod suport is not part of the overviewer yet, it's fully able to still render a functional map for you. only the mod blocks will be missing from the map.

lazaruz76

Jul 29, 2019
Worth a shot worth a shot with the map, I don't have much exp. with it so I was not sure(shot in the dark).

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Minutor is another world viewing program that might help you find your wayward frame bore.

Most likely culprit: Lava solidifying around it to have a block not attached to a frame blocking progress.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
I'm still confused as to why you'd build a tunnel bore in an area that you can't access the tunnel normally. I'm with the others in not understanding this. Chalk it up to an epic fail and move on.

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
Could have at least put a waypoint at the starting location. Live and learn I guess.. and you never said if you tried /chunkloaders

samthepowerstig

Jul 29, 2019
Could have at least put a waypoint at the starting location. Live and learn I guess.. and you never said if you tried /chunkloaders
I have used the /chunkloaders command but it is saying that there is no tickets does that mean that I have no chunkloaders down at all?

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
I have used the /chunkloaders command but it is saying that there is no tickets does that mean that I have no chunkloaders down at all?

That should be what that means. Confirm it by building/spawning in a chickenchunk chunkloader, and placing it, then running that command again.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
is there an any sort of x ray mod/ texture pack that will work with ftb, because that would solve my problem.

Surely one of my many XRay mods will work, although you aren't likely going to find anyone here that will be able to assist you with that. Your best bet is to check on the MindCraft Forums, or search for XRay mods and test if they work on your world. Good luck!

samthepowerstig

Jul 29, 2019
i have another line of thinking in that an enderchest must log it's coordinates somewhere, does anyone how I could access these or even if they exists? As it will then tell the exact location of my bore.

Mikey_R

Jul 29, 2019
I doubt it. All the Enderchest needs is something saying what's inside it (some file or something, but it'll be the same as a regular chest), then all the chests of the same colour just draw from that. No locations required.

samthepowerstig

Jul 29, 2019
I doubt it. All the Enderchest needs is something saying what's inside it (some file or something, but it'll be the same as a regular chest), then all the chests of the same colour just draw from that. No locations required.
thanks, do have any other ideas of ways In could locate my AWOL tunnel bore?

hotblack desiato

Jul 29, 2019
is the tunnelbore still sending items through the enderchest?

if yes: who cares, where that thing is.

if no: you made something wrong and even if you know the place where it is right now, there might not be anything you can do for it.

the only thing I can think of, which would really completely destroy a rp2-tunnelbore: if it digs straight into an active quarry mine. then the quarry would completely disassemble the tunnelbore...

Reactions: RedBoss

kunglaopt

Jul 29, 2019
Assuming the map wasn't fully explored in the direction the bore took, opening the map in MCEdit should show a straight line of created chunks. If all goes well the machine should be at the end of it.

thesonofdarwin

Jul 29, 2019
Assuming the map wasn't fully explored in the direction the bore took, opening the map in MCEdit should show a straight line of created chunks. If all goes well the machine should be at the end of it.
This is what needs done. You would be able to find the EXACT location of your bore so easily and it's a very easy program to use (for this application, at least ).