lost my tunnel bore, help please

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

gusgillis1

Jul 29, 2019
My thought, would be (if I'm not totally derping and missing something, and I have no idea if this would work or not, but worth a shot, right?) is if you are using a chicken chunks chunkloader, make another one, and click show lazerz, if my idea is correct, then it will show the lazerz of the chunkloader on your tunnel bore. Find them and whalla, dig down and find your tunnel bore.

gusgillis1 is not responsible for not finding your tunnel bore because this does not work, and falling into lava because you dug strait down like an idiot. :3

GearSB

Jul 29, 2019
For God's sake, you could have built a dozen new RP tunnel bores in the time you've had this thread open.

Just build a new one, it'll be easier than finding your old one.

Reactions: RedBoss

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
For God's sake, you could have built a dozen new RP tunnel bores in the time you've had this thread open.

Just build a new one, it'll be easier than finding your old one.
But the old one will still be loading chunks and slowing down his game, it might still be moving and causing more and more chunks to be generated.

hotblack desiato

Jul 29, 2019
there is an easy test to see if that happens.

write down the size of your world.

log out, write down the new size of the world.

did it change? especially, is it larger now?

Beleriond01

Jul 29, 2019
But the old one will still be loading chunks and slowing down his game, it might still be moving and causing more and more chunks to be generated.

I'm definitely no expert at all in the cunkloading department but your statement above seems flawed.

You indicated earlier on that you had tried /chunkloaders, right? If the answer to that question is "yes" then you should also have seen the chunkloader you placed on the TBM. Following that line, it would then be extremely easy to locate the missing TBM.

Since you already said that /chunkloaders didn't reveal any distant chunkloaders then we have to assume the TBM's chunkloaders is either missing or at the very least not functioning since it would otherwise have shown up in /chunkloaders.

Conclusion then has to be that it's not moving at all, and thereby not causing more chunks to be generated OR that it is moving. If the latter is true then you should be able to locate it using /chunkloaders.

As people have mentioned already...imho, forget the TBM and create a new one.

Bel*.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
This is what needs done. You would be able to find the EXACT location of your bore so easily and it's a very easy program to use (for this application, at least ).
I find Unmined to be easier to use, the landscape rendering is better and there's a big slider at the right hand side that you can use to slice the world really easily, just slide it down to the approximate Y-level of the TBM and you should see the tunnel.