lost my tunnel bore, help please

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

samthepowerstig

Jul 29, 2019
so I spent ages setting up a redpower tunnel bore, it works fine and I put a portal spawner on it.
But when i logged in the portal spawner stopped working so my tunnel bore is lost.
On my tunnel bore i had a chunk loader, portal spawner and an ender chest.
Can i use the config files to tell me at what coordinates to look at?
Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
The easiest solution would be to go to the place you constructed it in, then follow the big tunnel it bored to its end...?

The portal spawner probably got knocked off by water.

samthepowerstig

Jul 29, 2019
I built it underground far away from my house so I can't find the place where I built it.
Also the portal spawner was completely in cased so the chances of it being knocked off are small.
So is there any way I can look in the configs or something and find out what chunks I have loaded?

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
how do you loose something like this in the first place? :eek:
Never build something that is automated and capable of traveling on it's own without at least having some kind of remote control for it. even for no other reason than being able to stop the darn thing from running to the world killing end of the world. :(

Reactions: Flipz and RedBoss

samthepowerstig

Jul 29, 2019
That is not working, what I really want to know is can i find out the coordinates that I placed the ender chest, then I would know roughly where to look.[DOUBLEPOST=1362001939][/DOUBLEPOST]haha, I have it wireless controlled with redstone, so that is not an issue. I would just like to be able to get to it. I lost it because the portal spawner broke or glitched.

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
That is not working, what I really want to know is can i find out the coordinates that I placed the ender chest, then I would know roughly where to look.

I don't think there is any way to do that.
Do you at least know the rough area where you built it? if you know the direction and depth at witch you started the thing up, you have the option of trying to intercept the tunnel it leaves behind. go a bit ahead of the area you think it's start point was, then just dig a long 1x2 tunnel across the suspected path of the machine. If you can narrow the area down to a rough 20 chunks or so, then it should take you no more than an hour with a mining laser to intercept it. probably faster with some luck.

samthepowerstig

Jul 29, 2019
I have been trying that all night and it's a near impossible challenge, I have a chunk loader down on my tunnel bore, so surely in the configs they must be something that tells you which chunks are being kept loaded. Any Ideas?

Chucky5150

Jul 29, 2019
At some point it might just be faster to build a new (better) one.

I know I was having issues with chunk loaders (from Chicken Bones) not loading chunks. Might be possible that the chunk that the TBM was in got unloaded.

Syrinori

Jul 29, 2019
unsure if this is still true but i recall chunk loaders not working properly on frames, like they basically just kept the area they were placed loaded, so when they got moved, the actual area bing loaded never changed.
This is why people still used the more expensive world anchors on tunnel bores.

Spoo

Jul 29, 2019
Isn't there a /chunkloaders command that will tell you the coordinates of all active chunk loaders?

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
I do not understand the purpose of creating a tunnel.. that you don't know the placing of..
I'm actually curious as to why you would do that

hotblack desiato

Jul 29, 2019
just a stupid question: how about equipping a tunnelbore with chunkloader with an IC2 teleporter? this way, whereever the tunnelbore is, you can just walk into your base, step on the teleporter and poof, you are in your tunnelbore. it will consume an awful lot of EU to teleport that far.

extra question to chunkloaders (like world anchors): if used in single player worlds, are they also capable of loading themselves when the world loads? or do they need to be visited each time to load them in the first place...

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
just a stupid question: how about equipping a tunnelbore with chunkloader with an IC2 teleporter? this way, whereever the tunnelbore is, you can just walk into your base, step on the teleporter and poof, you are in your tunnelbore. it will consume an awful lot of EU to teleport that far.

extra question to chunkloaders (like world anchors): if used in single player worlds, are they also capable of loading themselves when the world loads? or do they need to be visited each time to load them in the first place...
The chicken chunk loader seems to load on login, as my nether lava plant has not been visited since its setup & has never stopped running the 5 geo-gens.[DOUBLEPOST=1362059981][/DOUBLEPOST]
unsure if this is still true but i recall chunk loaders not working properly on frames, like they basically just kept the area they were placed loaded, so when they got moved, the actual area bing loaded never changed.
This is why people still used the more expensive world anchors on tunnel bores.

There is a way with 2 chunk loaders & deployer/block breaker.

lazaruz76

Jul 29, 2019
Here is an idea. Make the wireless map. I think this particular map shows the location of wireless transmitters and receivers. For a quick search just spawn in the map then check each of the dots on it. Each one should be a wireless item. if you still can't find it then move outside of the maps area then make or spawn a new one and try again. eventually you should find it. I suggest spawning in a gravsuit and ultimate solar helmet to speed up the search by flight. I don't know if the wireless receiver on you TBM needs to be active but I don't think so.

samthepowerstig

Jul 29, 2019
Here is an idea. Make the wireless map. I think this particular map shows the location of wireless transmitters and receivers. For a quick search just spawn in the map then check each of the dots on it. Each one should be a wireless item. if you still can't find it then move outside of the maps area then make or spawn a new one and try again. eventually you should find it. I suggest spawning in a gravsuit and ultimate solar helmet to speed up the search by flight. I don't know if the wireless receiver on you TBM needs to be active but I don't think so.
Wow . . . . a wireless map only shows wireless transmitters and trackers. I really am screwed!