Looking Out: Is Nobody Here? [The Game]

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
it's a joke
stop the joking then, peoples lives depend on what you say :p
also,
antismite LivingAngryCheese as nothing has happened since my last post it seems and there is no good information to go on.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
My feelings on this game are somewhat mixed. I really enjoyed Heaven and Hell, which was pretty complex, with some small amount of secrecy. I feel like this one doesn't quite play so nicely.

I mean, the shrunken head was one of the most beautiful items I've seen put in a game to sow chaos. You most vote for a specific person, you cannot reveal you have it, and you can only be free of it by getting yourself lynched. Some people might say that all the hidden abilities made it not great, and maybe that's partially the case. But they also allowed some really intelligent ploys to come into force.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
I think I'm with pyure on this one. I'm a governor and last night I targeted vikestep. I believe that with sgbros dead that he was the grone. So yeah, I'm out because I'm in the mafia on this game. With no killing power except one kill that I can't properly time without first knowing who the grone is and when they'll die. So I'm basically a mafia member with no means of helping my mafia members win. I mean, the biggest part of the mafia is they have a kill. They pose a very real threat to the village. Which is why the village starts the lynching anyways. I feel like the mafia is nerfed to oblivion while the village is buffed, which means we have absolutely no chance of winning. So I'm out. Peace.

dylanpiera

Jul 29, 2019
Now everyone is leaving.. I feel like I should actually think about roles for my game.

But yeah.. I haven't really read the sheet much (not at all) but it seems like alot is wrong. @TheEpic5 Will the game continue or....?

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
I just had a proper read through the role sheet. I can't understand this game just with the stuff there, and this is before all the hidden stuff comes into play. Serves me right for not looking earlier.

@TheEpic5 I think this is one to learn from and move on from, as opposed to continue. I think this is just far too overblown.

I'm the Jester, I'm a secret role, and I'm out.

Reactions: Pyure

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
hello, I have seen that very nice full foil edh deck of yours .
could I interest you with an very nice black lotus? I would like to trade it against your deck.

I was the trader

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
Epic, I'm a lot better at reading emotions than werewolf alignments, and right now I think you seem quite upset. I've just realised that everyone is giving you shit and you haven't got anything positive being said to you. Thanks a lot for trying to host a game, I know what it feels like to host a failed game. My game is pretty much infamous it was so shit so please don't get too upset. We still all like you and respect you, don't take it the wrong way.
@TheEpic5
Please don't leave.

Last edited:

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Epic, I'm a lot better at reading emotions than werewolf alignments, and right now I think you seem quite upset. I've just realised that everyone is giving you shit and you haven't got anything positive being said to you. Thanks a lot for trying to host a game, I know what it feels like to host a failed game. My game is pretty much infamous it was so shit so please don't get too upset. We still all like you and respect you, don't take it the wrong way.
@TheEpic5
Please calm down. I can't figure out your age, but if you're a young teenager like me, we're sorry for the very high likelihood that we made you cry. Please don't leave.
I just didn't like the powerless mafia, though I like the concept. It could be turned into a cool third-party team like a coven of witches, who each need to perform a special action for their team to win. I think I was mostly frustrated that the first game I played back from a hiatus I was stuck in a role where victory was highly unlikely. @TheEpic5 I'd love for you to clean up the game and try again. Just keep in mind that if the mafia can't reliably kill, then they aren't very likely to win and the game just isn't much fun for them.

Now the nobodies, that's a cool concept. I really like them, especially the nobody orb thing. Though I'd add a clause that says whoever kills an orb bearer gets the orb after the kill. If they're lynched, it goes to a random player.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
+1