Looking for some help

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Hi all,

I want to make a Skyblock style pack which requires making a specific environment for the player, as it's not exactly in the sky, or over a void.
I see many mod packs (Like crash landing, forever stranded, etc, etc) start with a pre-made map but I haven't a clue how that is achieved. Can anyone guide me?

I'm basically after a map of two biomes. One being "Ocean" and the other being "Islands". The starting area will be designed, then after that after a certain radius of chunks, world gen kicks in. The idea being that exploring will help you out, and exploring further will also assist.
I also would like to make a custom skybox and adjust the day/night cycle to complete the feel of the environment.

Thanks in advance for any help.

LordPINE

Jan 2, 2016
Something like biometweaker might be able to help with the biomes, seeing as it can disable biomes to allow you to just have two biomes. Lockdown could get you a premade map, but world gen could be hard with that one. Alternatively, I think either recurrent complex or ruins can let certain structures spawn at world spawn.

The skybox would probably have to be a resource pack, which you can bundle with the pack and probably set as default, somehow. No clue how sadly.

Minecraft version would be good to know as well, so people won't mention outdated mods/mods that are too new.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Hmmm, lockdown. Interesting.

Was thinking of a RF Tools dimension (as that also has skyboxes), fine tuned with BiomeTweaker. Can make a restricted "intro area" at overworld spawn, then perhaps a vanilla command block that teleports you over (as it needs to be one way) to the game world. Also gives you "breathing space" to configure controls, read quest book before being thrown in the skybock/survival stage.