Looking for small community to play with

AmethystQueen

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, while the title says it all, let me give some more info.
I'm pretty new to modded MC and brand new to playing on a server. There are a few mods that I have a good understanding of but overall a lot is new to me. I'm looking for a small community of mature players to MC it up with. While learning about all the features and cool things all the different mods do is fun and interesting, it get's boring without someone sharing your adventures with you.
Currently I've been playing FTB Infinity and am looking for a server for this and hopefully FTB Infinity Evolved when it is released.
A few fun facts
US Est Timezone
Loves all things purple
Actually thinks creepers are kinda cute (when they aren't trying to blow your face off)

Last edited:
Reactions: DeathOfTime

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Just got me to wondering if I should try getting my brother onto a small community server with me. We did play on a Agrarian skyes server for awhile. It was mostly just the two of us though. Every player pretty much just stuck to their own island and only traveled when they wanted to trade or something. We did last about a month on it though. I kept trying to start up my own server for my brother and me to play on. Yet I can't afford a descent one. Then there is the fact it would only be the two of us. Which we never worked out for internet servers. I think it would be nice if we were able to play with a community.

I am:
US Central Timezone
Likes all things clear, especially prisms. Though light blue is really nice too.
Had a creeper pet at one time. True story. He died though when I forgot about him and accidentally turned it on peaceful. Never did find enough pieces to give him a decent burial.

I tend to be loyal, social, and flaky. I will take up a project and throw a 100% of effort into it. Just to get burned out or bored and move on to something else. Applies to everything I do. Though I do have a high tendency to come back to minecraft on a pretty regular basis.

My brother is:
(was going to list off stuff. needless to say I should really leave it up to him)
He tends to play games I play. Preferably with me while I am playing them. He doesn't spell worth anything and won't use a mic (I am not for sure if I even would). So I usually repeat what he says when needed in multiplayer. He will type out the occasional word. Tends to be laid back and enjoy nocking out achievements or doing quests.

Really though this is AmethystQueen's thread. So feel free to pm them if you would like to recruit them. Don't worry about me or my brother. We will be alright. Thanks for reading.

Reactions: AmethystQueen

AmethystQueen

Jul 29, 2019
I've played a bit of Agrarian skies 2, was pretty fun. I've always wanted a creeper pet just never managed to snag one. A shame what happened to yours, I'll keep him in my prayers xD. I wouldn't mind playing with only a couple of people, I would actually prefer a small group. I play a bunch of different type of games, mostly mmorpgs. Out of the MC modpacks I've played Regrowth, Magic Farm 2 and 3 Agrarian skies 2 and now into FTB Infinity (as stated before, and totally loving it!) I *tried out* a few others but never got into them. Eventually though you get tired of talking to yourself "Hey Me, Look at what I just built" "Oh that's awesome self! I think I'll work on.....next, what do you think?" lol Might be a bit dramatic but to sum it up, playing alone is boring. I'm actually a shy person though, so this is sorta out of my comfort zone, but I shall endure. All for new future MC buddies! See how generous I'am? xD

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
I've played a bit of Agrarian skies 2, was pretty fun. I've always wanted a creeper pet just never managed to snag one. A shame what happened to yours, I'll keep him in my prayers xD. I wouldn't mind playing with only a couple of people, I would actually prefer a small group. I play a bunch of different type of games, mostly mmorpgs. Out of the MC modpacks I've played Regrowth, Magic Farm 2 and 3 Agrarian skies 2 and now into FTB Infinity (as stated before, and totally loving it!) I *tried out* a few others but never got into them. Eventually though you get tired of talking to yourself "Hey Me, Look at what I just built" "Oh that's awesome self! I think I'll work on.....next, what do you think?" lol Might be a bit dramatic but to sum it up, playing alone is boring. I'm actually a shy person though, so this is sorta out of my comfort zone, but I shall endure. All for new future MC buddies! See how generous I'am? xD
Yeah, I totally agree it sucks to play minecraft alone. Just for the same reasons you quoted. I'm glad my little brother does have a tendency to play when I am playing. Gives me someone to show off to and talk about minecraft with. Chatting it up with others in a online game tends to be outside my comfort level too. Just knowing their are real people on the other side of those characters isn't easy on me. Still it is good to get outside my comfort zone once in awhile.

Maybe what you need isn't a small group to play online with. Maybe what you need is a roomy or sibling to be able to share this fabulous game with. I don't know where you can find any of those though. I know back when my brother had his own house we would use skype to talk while we played. Of course we were playing Wizard101, and that game never did take up much of the PC's processing power. Just thinking of a really small group of minecraft players always gets me thinking of a handful of people who are trying to play together on a server. Yet there are so few of them they never actually see any one else playing. Maybe a "Tag Team" would be a better thing for minecraft. A group of individuals that do alright on there own yet get together just to break out that special can of woop ass.

Wait a minute. We were talking minecraft weren't we. Don't know how WWE got in there. Well still. partnering up with someone might be good. Still got to find a server all the same though. I really really hope you are able to get into a server. You sound like someone server folk would enjoy to know.

Reactions: AmethystQueen

Baaleos

Jul 29, 2019
If you are looking for an FTB infinity server to play on - My server has been growing over the last 2-3 weeks.
We now have about 6-11 regular players.
Its hosted in a data center environment, good RAM, SSD's - and practically lag free currently.
I am trying to encourage a somewhat Roleplay / Magic / Ancient theme in the server - but that being said I don't enforce any particular play style - as long as grief-ing is kept to the minimum.
Server Rules and Restrictions : Here
Server Connect IP: minecraft.asmodei.net

Land Ownership is allowed through use of the /Plot commands from forge essentials.
This allows you to protect your land/property.

Baaleos

Jul 29, 2019
Oh - having looked at my server logs, I think you have already been playing on the server.
Welcome to the Server :D

Tonight and possibly over the weekend, I plan on doing some Vampire and Werewolf themed activities - while I delve into the vampirism and lycanthropy parts of Witchery.

If anyone wants to become a Vampire or Werewolf - tonight ( 8pm+ GMT time) - would be the best chance to get it with the least amount of effort.
(I will probably be creating a quest/dungeon and hiding a vial of Liliths blood - as treasure)

https://sites.google.com/site/witcherymod/vampirism
https://sites.google.com/site/witcherymod/lycanthropy

Also don't forget you can claim land and property as your own via the /plot claim command.
It allows you to protect your houses/bases etc

AmethystQueen

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you thank you, good to be there. I haven't done too much in witchery bit I may check it out, sounds like it will be fun. :) See you in game!