Looking for advice on Botania flower world gen

Remaker

Jul 29, 2019
I want to add Botania to my modlist, but I want to drastically reduce the number of flowers spawned. I just don't like how the giant flower patches change the look and feel of the biomes. If possible, I'd like to reduce flower commonality to the level of Harvestcraft gardens, where they're present, but you have to be looking for them to find them. I don't have enough mod knowledge to know just how low I can push the flower spawn without making the mod unplayable.

The relevant config settings seem to be

# The density of each Botania flower patch generated, defaults to 16, the lower the number, the less each patch will have.
I:worldgen.flower.density=16

# The chance for a Botania flower patch to be generated. The higher this value is the less patches will exist and the more flower each will have.
I:worldgen.flower.patchChance=4

# The size of each Botania flower patch. The larger this is the farther the each patch can spread
I:worldgen.flower.patchSize=6

# The quantity of Botania flower patches to generate in the world, defaults to 2, the lower the number the less patches generate.
I:worldgen.flower.quantity=2

# The chance for a Botania flower generated in a patch to be a tall flowe. 0.1 is 10%, 1 is 100%.
D:worldgen.flower.tallChance=0.1

# The quantity of Botania mushrooms to generate underground, in the world, defaults to 40, the lower the number the less patches generate.
I:worldgen.mushroom.quantity=40

Does anyone have any experience with these? I can't be the only one that wanted a visually "quieter" experience, has anyone else solved the problem?

EDIT: Okay, I think I've mostly answered my own question, but other people might be interested. I found that simply setting density, patchChance, and quantity to 1 produced exactly the effect that I was looking for. The flowers are still there, but you have to poke around a bit to find them. It feels more like a treasure hunt now and less like a technicolor apocalypse.

I was afraid that flower scarcity would make the game unplayable, but after experimenting with the floral fertilizer I discovered a few things:

1) The fertilizer is cheap and can be made with day one materials
2) It produces a hell of a lot of flowers per use
3) Its efficacy is not affected by the flower gen config settings, which was something I was worried about.

Big thumbs up to the author for making such a powerful config file!

Last edited:

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
If you have Agricraft, you can force players to go under the Agricraft tech tree to get mystical flower seeds

Remaker

Jul 29, 2019
That sounds pretty interesting. I was a bit disappointed to find out how trivial it is get new flowers. IS this something that can be done in the Agricraft or Botania configs, or do you need a special crossover mod to do this?

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
That sounds pretty interesting. I was a bit disappointed to find out how trivial it is get new flowers. IS this something that can be done in the Agricraft or Botania configs, or do you need a special crossover mod to do this?
It is natively in Agricraft, if you have Botania installed.