Looking for a Specific Modpack (Electronics)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
V

visionjav

Hi everyone,

First at all sorry about my english, im from spain and its hard to speak correctly for me in english.

I'm interested on digital systems stuff, logic gates and that kind of things.

I know that project red is a mod that plays with that but i am wondering if exist any pack specialized in this electronics or if some one can tell me several mods so i could pack them.

Thanks for taking your time reading and answering me.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Off the top of my head, there isn't a particular pack. Project red is a reasonably complete mod to play on its own. Honestly I found making vanilla redstone gates to be much more satisfying, but that's just me.

Sent from my Barrel of Fun using Tapatalk

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
First, your English is a lot better than my Spanish would be :D

I may be spoiled by having worked and "hobbyed" in Electronics since I was 12 (before PCs), but I haven't seen any "true" electronics in minecraft, at least not yet... There are a lot of mods that simulate parts of electronics/electricity, like wire resistance in Immersive Engineering's power transport, and there are other mods like Computercraft that emulate full systems. Basic Vanilla Redstone can be configured to act as digital gates if you use repeaters to adjust the signal levels and even analog comparitors using the signal drops but Redstone takes up a lot of room.

I've also seen other components used in non-realistic ways... Some mods use "tubes" as components to make it seem technical but could just as easily be replaced by stones or sticks; Others use Capacitors as huge storage batteries although in real life huge capacitors would destroy what you tried to connect to them... I've seen the blade of a small screwdriver vaporized when it shorted out such a capacitor. :D

Using the mechanics already existing in Minecraft I've designed a "realistic" simulation of simple tunable radio, actually calculating the frequency based on the specific coil and capacitance values crafted and what type of crystal is used, but I am not real programmer, let alone using Java. :(

V

visionjav

Many thanks both of you. I'll continue using project red in my modpacks untill a better mod exists for that purposes. :)

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Or Electricraft, because Reika.

Depending on what you're doing, Engineer's Toolbox can be better if you can wrap your mind around it. Six sides of a block for circuits, plus three internal redstone latches to work with.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I think all of reika's mods would be good for a person interested in "systems" in minecraft.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Magneticraft is another mod that is semi realsitic

Sent from my Barrel of Fun using Tapatalk

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Buildcraft gates/pipewire /would cover most bases for signalling- thay can read machine/tank/chest inventories or respond to engine temperatures ect. Quite useful for designing automated factories and logic/control systems.

Railcraft also comes with it's own signalling mechanic for automated train and railway logistics.

Reactions: erindalc