Looking for a programmer.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
So much info!
Are you talking about Java, do you want a custom mod, pr do you want a cc script?
Or are you one of those idiots who can't make a modpack nor set a server up?

Fubzey

Jul 29, 2019
So much info!
Are you talking about Java, do you want a custom mod, pr do you want a cc script?
Or are you one of those idiots who can't make a modpack nor set a server up?
ive ran vanilla server for years i jsut expect ftb servers overall are hard to setup

Kirameki

Jul 29, 2019
ive ran vanilla server for years i jsut expect ftb servers overall are hard to setup
...They aren't? Download server, unzip file, run jar, play. Tweak if necessary. Same as Vanilla. Since you say 'expect', have you *tried* to run one yet?

Fubzey

Jul 29, 2019
^ no i havent.[DOUBLEPOST=1404323044][/DOUBLEPOST]im planning have it running on a host and eevrything

Kirameki

Jul 29, 2019
^ no i havent.[DOUBLEPOST=1404323044][/DOUBLEPOST]im planning have it running on a host and eevrything
You don't need a programmer to set it up, if you're going through a host you'll need to contact the host for assistance in setting it up via whatever interface they may have. Make sure they support custom configurations (Forge, adding/removing mods, editing config files) before signing up. There are also plenty of guides on the internet, just do a web search for 'how to set up feed the beast server' for tons of info.
An important note, though: if you don't want to learn how to/do the setup and maintenance work yourself, then take a moment to step back and seriously consider if managing a server is right for you. Managing a server is a lot of work and even more learning experience; especially with unforeseen mod interactions that can and will crash clients, crash servers, break your worlds, corrupt player data, and other interesting problems that *you* will need to solve yourself (being honest; forum communities/mod authors/other admins don't always have the answer, and sometimes don't care, either. Not to say they're bad people, that's just the nature of things, frustrating as it may be at times.)

Reactions: Fuzzbling