Looking for a modpack to play

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Biblioteca13

Jul 29, 2019
Hey,

I've not been playing minecraft at all on this new versions
I used to play a lot of modded minecraft in 1.2.5/1.4.x/1.5.x and then I stopped playing, I had a world on 1.6.x but never got to develop it
I can't play Vanilla Minecraft because I get bored quickly so I've been wanting to find a modpack to play but I can't find one that I really like x.x
I'd like to ask you if you know something along the lines of Skyblock as in the 1.2.5 FTB or the 1.4.x Skyden (Which is a modded skyblock that I had a lot of fun playing).
I don't like Hardcore/Combat modpacks (I know my way into mob traps/farms easily). I've tried Argarian Skies 1 and I've seen a lot of gameplays of Crash Landing but I'm looking for something more along the lines of a Skyblock (or just infinite open world as in Crash Landing)

Is there anything you recommend?

Cheers,
TheAnnie (IGN)

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
Shamcraft, the code is shamcraft408 and it is kind of a kitchen sink pack(it seems like every pack w/o HQM is called a kitchen sink pack now) with some cool stuff added.
Thread: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/1-7-10-shamcraft.76453/

IK it isn't skyblock but just about any recent pack on the FTB launcher for 1.7.10 is an HQM pack. I did like regrowth and it focuses on Botania and Agricraft which are two really fun mods.

Last edited:

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Agrarian skies was a great 1.6 skyblock-esque map/pack if you want to try it, can just find it on the launcher.

EDIT: check out Agrarian Skies 2 as @Hambeau said

Last edited:

Biblioteca13

Jul 29, 2019
Shamcraft, the code is shamcraft408 and it is kind of a kitchen sink pack(it seems like every pack w/o HQM is called a kitchen sink pack now) with some cool stuff added.
Thread: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/1-7-10-shamcraft.76453/

IK it isn't skyblock but just about any recent pack on the FTB launcher for 1.7.10 is an HQM pack. I did like regrowth and it focuses on Botania and Agricraft which are two really fun mods.

Thanks, but I can't find any videos about it on youtube :c
For normal survival I'd prefer something along the lines of Direwolf20's pack (which I consider being a kitchen sink pack) because I can find a lot of info about it specially on youtube
But thanks for the suggestion!

Agrarian skies was a great 1.6 skyblock-esque map/pack if you want to try it, can just find it on the launcher.

EDIT: check out Agrarian Skies 2 as @Hambeau said

Don't forget Agrarian Skies II, which is 1.7 based with newer mods...

Yes! I have my eyes on Agrarian Skies II, I've been doing some research on it and I found it pretty interesting!
I noticed it isn't on the launcher, the download page is at curse (http://minecraft.curseforge.com/modpacks/225550-agrarian-skies-2) but I can set it up without any issues, I'll most certainly play it too

What modpacks have you tried already?
Well I've played 1.2.5 FTB Insanity/Normal, a bunch of random packs I can't remember on those old versions, 1.4.x Skyden, 1.5.x Direwolf20, Some of the PAX challenge maps and then I messed around a bit with 1.6.x Direwolf20's pack and I never got past the early game due to lack of time. Used to play in a public server with 1.4.7 Mindcrack pack too.
As you can see I'm pretty much addicted to Skyblock-like maps xD

I'm currently playing FTB Revisited 1.7.10 v2.4 to bring back some memories:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/feed-the-beast-pyramid-map-remake.56097/

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
For normal survival I'd prefer something along the lines of Direwolf20's pack (which I consider being a kitchen sink pack) because I can find a lot of info about it specially on youtube
I put a tracker mod on the pack and 3 people have played the most recent update. I want to record some videos but my computer isn't good enough for modded MC :(

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013

Yes! I have my eyes on Agrarian Skies II, I've been doing some research on it and I found it pretty interesting!
I noticed it isn't on the launcher, the download page is at curse (http://minecraft.curseforge.com/modpacks/225550-agrarian-skies-2) but I can set it up without any issues, I'll most certainly play it too

Well I've played 1.2.5 FTB Insanity/Normal, a bunch of random packs I can't remember on those old versions, 1.4.x Skyden, 1.5.x Direwolf20, Some of the PAX challenge maps and then I messed around a bit with 1.6.x Direwolf20's pack and I never got past the early game due to lack of time. Used to play in a public server with 1.4.7 Mindcrack pack too.
As you can see I'm pretty much addicted to Skyblock-like maps xD

I'm currently playing FTB Revisited 1.7.10 v2.4 to bring back some memories:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/feed-the-beast-pyramid-map-remake.56097/

Sorry, I forgot to mention that AgSkies II is on Curse, since FtB is phasing to Curse as it's launcher and the pack creator, Jadedcat, is now a Curse employee.

monzilla

Jul 29, 2019
I like either the direwolf20 or Infinity packs. They have a lot of things in them. However, the infinity has a bit less and a few different ones not found in Direwolf's pack just like direwolf's pack has some that infinity doesn't have.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Wait, really? I missed the news, how great is the curse launcher?

I use Curse Voice exclusively now, both on Win8.1 and on Win10. I use the beta Infinity 1.9.0, beta DW20 1.6.1 and recommended AgSkies II. I also created profiles for both the latest Vanilla released and snapshot versions.

One nice thing is that if you delete a profile it removes everything for that profile including saved and backup worlds. With FtB I actually had to manually delete 36GB of Aroma backups once... It was saving every 30 minutes and I had a LOT of worlds, including all those I had deleted weeks before. The backups weren't deleted, however :D

I add Iguana Tinker Tweaks and Veinminer to both Infinity and DW20, which only takes a couple of seconds... Changing the Vanilla configs is as easy as starting the profile, then editing my profile on each in Mojang's launcher to change version.

While I still have Java self installed on my Win8.1 system, I didn't install it on my Win10 system since the Mojang launcher automatically starts it's copy of the ver. 1.8.0_25 Java runtime, even for modded MC.

Creating a custom pack is as simple as creating a custom profile, selecting the version of Forge you want to use, then selecting your mods (assuming you know that the mods co-exist, of course) from the Curse repository. Creating the Vanilla profiles was the same, except I had to select "None" for the current release... There is a 1.8 Forge that gets selected if you select a 1.8 MC.

A couple of new features were added this past week... You can now export your pack config to your local system and likewise restore it. This can be handy if you've got a couple of buddies on a private server and want to create or customize a pack and share it.

Biblioteca13

Jul 29, 2019
I started playing Agrarian Skies 2 on the Easy one, I feel so outdated.
My mod knowledge is based on 1.5's mods, but there's a book on the initial chest explaining everything so I think I'll be fine

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
I started playing Agrarian Skies 2 on the Easy one, I feel so outdated.
My mod knowledge is based on 1.5's mods, but there's a book on the initial chest explaining everything so I think I'll be fine
About that...

Everything got rebooted in 1.6, and somethings are new or rebooted in 1.7 I don't blame you, I am behind on a ton of knowledge and I actively played until 1.7 mods became mainstream.