Looking for a mod

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
nice. do you mind if i include this in my private FTB launcher 1.7.10 pack? (i will credit you ofc)
Of course, I'm purposely making it as a stand alone resource pack (now that minecraft supports multiple resource packs, it's so much easier to do this sort of thing)
^^ Me gusta! This is exactly what I had in mind. I had wanted to take the EXBL colour schemes (more pleasing than BoP texture colours) and set up the resource pack config as setout in the github documentation. coming along really nice there! Check the EXBL colour schemes. You won't be disapoointed. It'll also likely speed your work! :)
Well, I'm basing the colours on a mix of vanilla and my texture pack, it's more to get a general "average" colour.

I do have one problem, might be due to a small bug in the version @asiekierka kindly updated, but the mod is always overwriting the textures.json file, so I can't define my own textures :S

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Ok, some sort of progress. Turns out I was doing the config file wrong. I can now replace a texture with the default no texture texture!

Can anyone see what's wrong with the following extract:

Code:
  "7": "WATER",
  "77": [
   "golrithsAA:textures/outback/outback1.png"
],
  "9": "BEACH",

The texture is in \resourcepacks\AntiqueAtlasExtra\assets\golrithsAA\textures\outback

From the wiki: https://github.com/Hunternif/AntiqueAtlas/wiki/Editing-Textures
Code:
{
"7": "WATER",
"9": "BEACH",
"35": [
"mytextures:textures/mybiome/texture1.png",
"mytextures:textures/mybiome/texture2.png"
]
}

edit - nvm - found out that it's case sensitive, didn't like the AA in the foldername. Changed all the lower case, and my custom texture for Outback biome appeared!

Last edited:
Reactions: AlCapella

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Gah, mod needs improvement on the custom texture side of things. It keeps overwriting my config file changes. Naughty mod!

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Just an update, found a small bug in the mod that overrides custom configs that use multiple textures, and I've let the mod author know. Been slowly assigning correct textures for biome mods (and some vanilla errors) and some further texture work.

2014-07-26_20.01.54.png

2014-07-26_20.03.28.png

Made a less dense version of the forests, saving the original texture for the Roof Forest. The two different types of forest supplied have been split between oak and birch, and coloured accordingly.
Next challenge are pines/spruce.

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
Just an update, found a small bug in the mod that overrides custom configs that use multiple textures, and I've let the mod author know. Been slowly assigning correct textures for biome mods (and some vanilla errors) and some further texture work.

Made a less dense version of the forests, saving the original texture for the Roof Forest. The two different types of forest supplied have been split between oak and birch, and coloured accordingly.
Next challenge are pines/spruce.

Wait! Are you doing all these by hand instead of reusing existing ones from one of the minimaps? :eek:

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
This would be amazing in a Magic World-esque pack. :)
True.

Gah, I'm stopping on this now until the mod has been updated/fixed. The mod has just reset the entire config file with my biome corrections and new texture allocations.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Ok, managed to work out the logic to the config screwups, so have proceeded.

Some more pics:

Atlas277_1.jpg

Atlas277_2.jpg
Added unique textures for Seasonal Forest (the brown/orange trees), Maple Woods (Orange Trees), Canyon (the sandy mountains with trees), Moor (the large hilly wet area) and Fungi Forest
Textures are not perfect (if you look closely you'll see some errors), but it's difficult to get repeatable detail at this scale that isn't an obvious grid.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Daily update

Atlas287_1.jpg

Atlas287_2.jpg
New textures for Mystical Grove, Mesa, Savanna, Pines/Firs, Shield and Desert Mountains.

All taking shape quite nicely. I am asking the mod author if it's possible to detect water/lava within a chunk, since all that water around the mesa and desert mountains is a dry river bed, not a true river, and sometimes some biomes are completely underwater, but the map shows it as land.
The map also doesn't detect lava. Sometimes a chunk is mostly lava lake, so it would be good to show something for them.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Another update time

Atlas297_1.jpg
Extreme Hills represented by grassy mountains with snow tops. Plus Dead Forest to the south.
Atlas297_2.jpg
Bamboo Forest, and more Dead Forest
Atlas297_3.jpg
Heading south, I approach the frozen lands. Difficult to get a good "white" that's not blinding, but still shows some detail.

Also darkened the coastline to make it more noticeable.