Looking for a mod

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
There was a mini-map mod that actually recorded your world as icons within a book, instead of a minimap that sits on your screen. I can't remember for the life of me what that mod was called. Can anyone help?

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
As @asiekierka said, the Antique Atlas mod seems to be what you're looking for.

afGCIKb.png

Is that it?

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Thanks all. That's the one. My eyes were bleeding after reaching page 20 of the minecraft forums trying to find it :D
Likes all round

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Following on, does anyone know if it works on 1.7.10? I know many 1.7.2 mods will work under 1.7.10, don't want to bug author if I'm just being impatient! :D
Crashed on me when trying to open the atlas.

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
Following on, does anyone know if it works on 1.7.10? I know many 1.7.2 mods will work under 1.7.10, don't want to bug author if I'm just being impatient! :D
Crashed on me when trying to open the atlas.
nope. it crashed for me too.

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
Thanks, can't wait to mess around with this. I'd like to get a little bit of hue into the textures to match the world, and possibly I'll make some extra textures for other biomes.
once you done, could you pm it to me, i would llike to take a look!

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks all. That's the one. My eyes were bleeding after reaching page 20 of the minecraft forums trying to find it :D
Likes all round

This mod is definitely one of those unknown gems in the mod community and somehow needs more showcasing! Two weeks ago, I recommended it in another thread, and it got picked up unanimously... which surprised me a little tbh! :) I have been wanting to custom texture it with the EXBL textures to have a different look and feel (lack of time), so it's good to know you're having a go at it. Be so kind and share it with me (and others) after you're done - if you would like to do so. :)[DOUBLEPOST=1406273751][/DOUBLEPOST]

If you built it for us at a moment's notice It's all very nice of you. (Personal opinion and if you don't agree, please ignore it: Since you are good with this stuff, you should continue to contribute to modding and leave the principled fighting for another lifetime :) )

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Well, I'll have a go. I'm not a texture artist as such, even though I do have my own custom resource pack based on Misa and Battered Old Stuff. At the very least a bit of colour variation of the existing textures so the different biomes from mods are slightly more obvious.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Okay, started simple, attempted to colourise some of the textures

AtlasMap.jpg

Doesn't look too bad. I think it helps the eyes a bit.
But, my first challenge is to configure the mod. One of those forests is a modded mountain range :p

My aim is to replicate many of the biomes using it's art style

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?

AtlasMap.jpg

But, my first challenge is to configure the mod. One of those forests is a modded mountain range :p

nice. do you mind if i include this in my private FTB launcher 1.7.10 pack? (i will credit you ofc)

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019

^^ Me gusta! This is exactly what I had in mind. I had wanted to take the EXBL colour schemes (more pleasing than BoP texture colours) and set up the resource pack config as setout in the github documentation. coming along really nice there! Check the EXBL colour schemes. You won't be disapoointed. It'll also likely speed your work! :)