Looking for a FTB partner!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

nikolai624

Jul 29, 2019
hi, I don't like joining a huge servers with a ton of people, because then its hard to get to know someone and play with them. (referring to just survival smp) I like playing with people i get to know and be friends with. So i'm trying to look for a partner (or more). That would be willing to play with me. I don't have a server, so that's a thing.

But A little about me: im 15 I'm new to FTB BUT I do know a lot of tekkit things from the past. Anyway. I would really appriecate it if someone let me into a group or started one with me.:)

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
If you do the resource gathering and leave the building to me, done deal.

I hate dealing with mobs and dark places. I like building without anyone else interfering. If you want to assist in building you must follow my engineering instructions to the T and I mean the T. I really don't know what the means.

We will start off by going down to diamond/gold level so we can get mats for TE machines. AE quartz grinder for ore doubling. As soon as we get a decent ore processing going, you can go mine and explore, I will harvest rubber, etc. for MFR. Tree farm + biomass, because biomass engines are infrastructure-cheap. Convert to MFR biofuel, scale up the production from there.

Once we get some decent armour, to the nether for blaze rods, etc. so we can build an ender network as to keep you in the field for a lot longer. I want to see shit appear in chests as I am working.

On the side, aim for GT machines so we can begin solar farm and once we have enough AE materials to build a network comfortably, we will make the transition there. Once we have a quarry going you may assist in building.

I will need you to gather mining resources as well as any bees you find. Mob drops are important, ender pearls especially. I would like to play 1.5.2 Unleashed (or the GT version)

nikolai624

Jul 29, 2019
I hate dealing with mobs and dark places. I like building without anyone else interfering. If you want to assist in building you must follow my engineering instructions to the T and I mean the T. I really don't know what the means.
We will start off by going down to diamond/gold level so we can get mats for TE machines. AE quartz grinder for ore doubling. As soon as we get a decent ore processing going, you can go mine and explore, I will harvest rubber, etc. for MFR. Tree farm + biomass, because biomass engines are infrastructure-cheap. Convert to MFR biofuel, scale up the production from there.
Once we get some decent armour, to the nether for blaze rods, etc. so we can build an ender network as to keep you in the field for a lot longer. I want to see shit appear in chests as I am working.
On the side, aim for GT machines so we can begin solar farm and once we have enough AE materials to build a network comfortably, we will make the transition there. Once we have a quarry going you may assist in building.
I will need you to gather mining resources as well as any bees you find. Mob drops are important, ender pearls especially. I would like to play 1.5.2 Unleashed (or the GT version)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm sorry if I thought you came across this way, but you sound as if i'm doing all the heavy lifting and you just having fun building. I'm fine with getting you some resources and stuff, but your making it seem like I have to work up to your standards or something. I'm looking for a game where we could go out and build a town together or make stuff together, and cooperate. I don't want to play if i'm going to be treated a slave and then build up.
Just an example of SOMETHING (doesn't have to close to this) i'm looking for: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBADyA7MrYs

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019

I got dirty looks from people after I laughed loudly at this.

Reactions: PeggleFrank

nikolai624

Jul 29, 2019
im probably missing the sarcasm of the exchange, but Id call it a classy response. I'm impressed, nikolai, bravo.

Yeah, I kinda skimmed over that part, should of took that as a sign, because at the time I was wondering if he was serious or not. Nevertheless I want this post to still keep searching :)

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
niokolai, if you find a nice, small server running Unleashed, let me know if you'd like another member. Will donate to help fund the hosting if things go well.
All I am looking for is a stable, well-hosted server, and a whitelist to keep the riffraff out. Oh, and someone to do all my mining for me ;P

Reactions: themadnun

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019

This sounds like the least fun thing to do in the entire universe. The OP might have a better time going to the dentist.

Jaqen H'gar

Jul 29, 2019
Hey nikolai i would be interested in teaming up if you still are it could be quite fun to have someone to play ftb with as i have so far only played solo. As long as we play on a fairly small server, gets a bit too much when over 15 people are playing even on vanilla mp.

Xeonen

Jul 29, 2019
I won't be able to play for 8 hours a day but I can team up with you; guide you through different stages of the game and some mod mechanics and different ways of doing things.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
I recommend looking around at threads that already exist for this sorta thing.

http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...to-play-ftb-unleashed-with.28790/#post-391246
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/index.php?threads/28780/http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/ftb-partner.28676/#post-389576

snippy snip snip
Dude, really? That sounds like the worst thing ever. Now I know, if we end up playing on the same server at some point, I will not team up with you. This is a sandbox game, not a dictatorship.

Arbitrary

Jul 29, 2019

Can I please have a dislike button?

Lawn1boy

Jul 29, 2019
I know a lot about ftb and I am look ing for someone to play with too and I will be 15 very soon and I can bee on almost all day in the summer and on weekends.

sadris

Jul 29, 2019
If you're still looking, I'm looking for someone! But my server is a custom modpack

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
If you're still looking, I'm looking for someone! But my server is a custom modpack
Yea I got a server up and running too! Unleashed more tailored for tech so I removed the things that wasn't so tech such as Mystricarft and Thaumcraft. Thread link is in my sig. Will not host for too many people so my server can run the best for a few rather than laggy for 20.

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
Through the magic of thread merging, iDwaajt's post is brought to this thread to share in the looking-for-partner department.

Reactions: PeggleFrank