Logistic pipes over long distances using tesseracts still possible?

mrgreaper

Jul 29, 2019
Ok so im on a server with infinity evolved on it
i have a logistic setup and i want to link it to a remote base,
everything i read says i need to do it like this
tesseract 1 set to send and recieve and connected via a basic logistic pipe
tesseract 2 on the remote base set to send and recieve connected to a basic logistic pipe

first issue tesseract 2 is not transmitting power to the basic pipe
second issue the systems dont connect

have tried them as private and puplic.

have they disabled the functionality? changed it?

Sidorion

Jul 29, 2019
1) Tesseracts don't transfer LP-Energy, just RF. You have to have a logistics power junction on the far end to power the far system
2) You use the wrong pipes. Basics work to sort out items pushed through the tesseract by other means. You need Logistics system connector pipes (I don't remember the exact name, you'll see in the tooltips in NEI which ones i mean)
3) Tesseracts have no inventory anymore, so the systems connector pipes won't work on them for they need a shared inventory. I'd suggest you use the enderchests from ender storage (or be creative with chest-carts).

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Fortunately, if you have Tesseracts, you should also likely have Thermal Dynamics and be able to use Servos, Filters, and Retrievers to do about 99% of what LP was already doing for you. With inherently superior basic pipe logic. The only thing LP can do for you that Servos, Filters, and Retrievers cannot is auto-crafting. For that, there's AE2.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Fortunately, if you have Tesseracts, you should also likely have Thermal Dynamics and be able to use Servos, Filters, and Retrievers to do about 99% of what LP was already doing for you. With inherently superior basic pipe logic. The only thing LP can do for you that Servos, Filters, and Retrievers cannot is auto-crafting. For that, there's AE2.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't TD work with modern iterations of LP? So where servos fall short Logistics Pipes can pick up.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't TD work with modern iterations of LP? So where servos fall short Logistics Pipes can pick up.

This assumes servos fall short anywhere. I'm not seeing anything done with LP (auto-crafting aside) that TD can't do. With fewer system resources, fewer headaches, a system of pipes that doesn't look like a wireframe, and better innate logic.

Supply pipes can be done with Retrievers of Signalum or Enderium creation to keep x in inventory. Filters make sure everything you want in an inventory goes in the inventory and nothing else. You can whitelist or blacklist on a filter. Servos pull things out without needing an engine or a gate to run it, and can end up pulling things faster than you can do with an emerald pipe.

There is simply no reason to use BC pipes and LP. There hasn't been in some time. TE, and now TD, is superior in every particular, with the possible exception of nostalgia.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
@shneeekeythelost
LP provides on demand crafting and item retrieval.
LP is superior in this regard alone. However TD is a bit simpler to set up machine supply but it can't autocraft or aid in inventory management. If I had the choice of only LP and TD id choose the former because it's better. Even if by just a little bit.

Also Logistics Pipes does not need an engine on extraction pipes. If you use a card in a chassis pipe. Though that might count as a gate (or servo) of sorts. Or if you count having a powered LP controller an engine.

Also why are you talking about emerald pipes? They are in BuildCraft not LP? If you use LP you hardly have to touch a BC pipe. I think LP is actually potentially stand alone now as it has it's own regular pipe. No BC needed. Might not even need the diamond pipe anymore.

Also im actually not 100% sure but I'm told TD is compatible with LP. Not sure how this works though.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
@shneeekeythelost
LP provides on demand crafting and item retrieval.
LP is superior in this regard alone. However TD is a bit simpler to set up machine supply but it can't autocraft or aid in inventory management. If I had the choice of only LP and TD id choose the former because it's better. Even if by just a little bit.

Also Logistics Pipes does not need an engine on extraction pipes. If you use a card in a chassis pipe. Though that might count as a gate (or servo) of sorts. Or if you count having a powered LP controller an engine.

Also why are you talking about emerald pipes? They are in BuildCraft not LP? If you use LP you hardly have to touch a BC pipe. I think LP is actually potentially stand alone now as it has it's own regular pipe. No BC needed. Might not even need the diamond pipe anymore.

Also im actually not 100% sure but I'm told TD is compatible with LP. Not sure how this works though.

They may be compatible, but that compatibility is unnecessary since LP is irrelevant.

For autocraft and inventory management, I have AE2. For everything else, TD does a better job. For that matter, EnderIO does all of that as well with the conduits, AND has inventory management built-in.

LP was amazing back in 1.2.5, it made BC pipes actually function. These days, however, we have better alternatives.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
They may be compatible, but that compatibility is unnecessary since LP is irrelevant.

For autocraft and inventory management, I have AE2. For everything else, TD does a better job. For that matter, EnderIO does all of that as well with the conduits, AND has inventory management built-in.

LP was amazing back in 1.2.5, it made BC pipes actually function. These days, however, we have better alternatives.
Objectively, no mod can ever be called irrelevant. As long as someone is using it and enjoying it, it very much is relevant for them.
Subjectively, yea, you might think LP is irrelevant, but that's you, not OP, not @Azzanine, nor anyone else who decides they want to use LP.
As for LP vs other mods. AE2 isn't in every single pack, and while yes, it is in Infinity Evolved, OP has not clarified whether or not they're playing expert mode, in which a LP system is significantly cheaper to get than AE, and is actually capable of doing everything AE can do and then some, with the advantage of not cramming all your items into a lifeless 2 blocks. Alternatively, if OP isn't playing expert mode, who's to say they haven't played with AE2 before, and perhaps this time decided they'd rather try something else. Just because AE is cheaper to set up and expand in terms of resources, doesn't mean you are forced to use it every single world you play (unless you have utterly horrible self control, in which case that's your problem, not anyone else's). As for TD? that does nothing close to what LP provides as a system. And EnderIO? IMO the whole damn premise of that mod is do all the common aspects of modded minecraft better than other mods and for cheaper. It just feels like its designed with the goal of being popular (again opinion, and I realise its an unpopular one at that. EIO isn't the main topic here though).
TL;DR: Please don't try force your opinion on others as though its a fact. Telling someone they're doing it wrong because they're not playing the same way you do.

At any rate, OP already has their answers in the first reply and I've said my piece here now, so I probably won't post in this thread again since I can see this going up in flames very quickly. If you wish to discuss this further Shneeky, I suggest we move it to PM.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Naa I'm cool with Shneeks here. He has a point, Logistics Pipes in the face of AE2 is definitely deficient. It's just that TDs servos do lack in comparison to Logistics Pipes by them selves. That lack of on demand crafting and inventory management just hands down makes LP a little bit better.
If you don't mind LPs clunkyness and slow slow speed you can do without Thermal Dynamics and Applied Energistics.

Now if COFH team made it so if a retriever servo that's connected to a cyclic assembler makes the retriver scoop up the items for the current blueprint without messing with the filters. Also if they added an inventory interface. Then LP will have lost it's edge. Might not supplant AE2 as it's still the most compact storage.

In short; LP is useless in the face of both AE and TD combined. But if you look at LP vs just TD, LP has more features.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Now if COFH team made it so if a retriever servo that's connected to a cyclic assembler makes the retriver scoop up the items for the current blueprint without messing with the filters. Also if they added an inventory interface. Then LP will have lost it's edge. Might not supplant AE2 as it's still the most compact storage.
This needs to be a pull request. Both of these, actually.

I can see the logic for it, even. Set up a Retriever to keep (something produced by cyclic assembler) in inventory at all times. When you get below that, it requests that item, which then requests the resources by the cyclic assembler. In fact, we could *almost* do that now, except the cyclic assembler will produce a ton of product to store internally. If you put a retriever on the assembler, tell it to keep, say, 5x of everything you need in inventory at all times, you could do auto-crafting. It just wouldn't ever stop as long as you had resources flowing into it. For this, all you'd need is a way to tell it to ONLY craft when it is requested. Maybe a new filter-like item that goes on the output of a machine to regulate production? Maybe set machine to redstone:high and have it produce redstone signal when item in the machine throttle is requested by a retriever?

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
A method for remotely switching the Cyclic Assemblers blue print remotely would be neat too.
Because even if you eliminate LP, TD still lacks a bit. If you don't mind messing with channels and have a way of mass produceing quartz you don't even need to use any other item logistics mod. You can stick with pure AE easily, even late early game if you luck out with presses. You can do alot with subnets.
TD only sees use because it synergises well with other pipe mods. With AE2 it can save you channels with clever use of ME interfaces. That and it's more accessible early game.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
A method for remotely switching the Cyclic Assemblers blue print remotely would be neat too.
Because even if you eliminate LP, TD still lacks a bit. If you don't mind messing with channels and have a way of mass produceing quartz you don't even need to use any other item logistics mod. You can stick with pure AE easily, even late early game if you luck out with presses. You can do alot with subnets.
TD only sees use because it synergises well with other pipe mods. With AE2 it can save you channels with clever use of ME interfaces. That and it's more accessible early game.

I dunno... with TD and Storage Drawers, you can do a hell of a lot. If there was an item interface and a means of auto-crafting upon request, you could gate AE2 behind the EnderEgg and still have a jolly good time until then.

I like TD much better because a) aesthetics are much better, b) much more server friendly, and c) you don't have to rely on BC as a dependency.