Login failed due IOException

Status
Not open for further replies.

superhobocon

Jul 29, 2019
I have the same Problem and I am on a mac :eek: it is very annoying I have a server but I cant play on it. Please help me fix it.

BlitzTheGamer

Jul 29, 2019
So starting about an hour ago I started getting a "Login failed due IOException" error. However this only happens when using the FTB launcher. I can login using other launchers so it only seems to be an issue with the FTB launcher. I've checked my antivirus/firewall logs and it's not blocking anything from the launcher.

You can find the output from the FTB Launcher console here: http://pastebin.com/embed_js.php?i=yW3gTVRM

Thanks
I have Kaspersky anti virus, i just disabled the antivirus in the general settings, applyed, clicked yes to confirm the disable, clicked launch, and it launched fine and it works, and yes i had this error until i did this.

"Disable your Anti Virus"

pokemontrent

Jul 29, 2019
i have been having an ioexception problem with my feed the beast launcher on my desktop (it is linux) i have a laptop running same version of linux and i have no ioexception problems i have been having the problem for about 1 and a half months
edit i also have now tested the vanilla launcher and it isn't downloading the normal minecraft files and it says can't connect to minecraft.net

Piripács

Jul 29, 2019
I find the solution for this problem!

I get this IOExpection error for about a month or so, BUT ONLY UNDER WINDOWS! (I have WinXP.)
But not only the FTB launcer, nor the old vanilla or the new vanilla launcher don't want to work.
I try the jar and the exe launcers too under windows, both not worked.

I mostly use Linux, and there, I dont't get the IOExpection WITH THE SAME LAUNCER.
I don't understand how it could be, but really doesn't care about it. Because I can play under Linux.

But for now, I must stay under Windows for a while, so now I start to looking around what cause this problem.

The solution is SO SIMPLE!
When I look through all my windows programs, drivers, etc. I realized there is an update for JAVA.
After the update, all the launcers start to work, the IOExpection error was gone!

SO THE SOLUTION IS: UPDATE YOR JAVA!
(Maybe thats cause the problem for most of the peole.)

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
IO Exceptions are often caused by issues with Java not getting a good connection. This could be due to outdated Java, security program blocking the launcher/Java, etc.
This is why I always suggest that users complete the troubleshooting guide I've written, as it covers most of the setup related issues.
Prior to posting a thread, or submitting a ticket, you should always ensure that your software is up to date.

Also, this issue was presented 6 months ago, in which case the circumstances of the error are likely extremely different.

Reactions: RedBoss
Status
Not open for further replies.