Login failed due IOException

Status
Not open for further replies.

krendar

Jul 29, 2019
So starting about an hour ago I started getting a "Login failed due IOException" error. However this only happens when using the FTB launcher. I can login using other launchers so it only seems to be an issue with the FTB launcher. I've checked my antivirus/firewall logs and it's not blocking anything from the launcher.

You can find the output from the FTB Launcher console here: http://pastebin.com/embed_js.php?i=yW3gTVRM

Thanks

Greedseed

Jul 29, 2019
I dont see any errors in the pastebin. make sure you use the correct ID and password to login. Also you need a valid premium minecraft account.

krendar

Jul 29, 2019
The ID and password are valid and I do have a valid minecraft account. I was able to login with the FTB launcher earlier this morning though not anymore. However I can still login to and play minecraft normally, just doesn't work using the FTB launcher.

krendar

Jul 29, 2019
Just an update. tried with both the windows .exe and the .jar file and both give an IOException error. However offiline mode works and if I import the FTBBETA folder into MultiMC I can login with no problem. I even tried clearing all of the FTB files, launcher and the ftblauncher folder in the user folder with no change.

When I do try to login using the FTB launcher I am not even seeing it trying to log me in over the network. No activity, no errors, it just doesn't do anything when trying to login.

Lawner

Jul 29, 2019
It's not the same problem. I have the same error "[ERROR] net.ftb.workers.ModpackLoader.run:39 Exception reading modpackfile".
I think some servers are down... We just have to wait.

Hafuu

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having the same problem here. I could login before but not since a couple of days.

krendar

Jul 29, 2019
Still not able to play, any plans to fix this problem ?

Hafuu do you use ESET for your antivirus? If you do go into Advanced setup, Web and email, Protocol filtering, SSL. Change the setting from Always scan to ask about non-visited sites. Start the FTB launcher and when you click the launch button create an exception for the minecraft login servers and for dropbox when asked.

This solved my issue.

Reactions: Ashzification

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
I had this and it was because I had upgraded the launcher and the pick options from the different mod packs were different to the default one I had previously selected.

Have you clicked on a mod pack before clicking launch?

Hafuu

Jul 29, 2019
Hello,

Hafuu do you use ESET for your antivirus? If you do go into Advanced setup, Web and email, Protocol filtering, SSL. Change the setting from Always scan to ask about non-visited sites. Start the FTB launcher and when you click the launch button create an exception for the minecraft login servers and for dropbox when asked.

This solved my issue.

I don't have an antivirus setup, no.
I did find a solution though. I followed this topic: http://support.feed-the-beast.com/?...ashes-no-crash-report-mac-osx-10-7-5-java-7u9 to get back to the 1.6 version of Java instead of 1.7. This, plus deleting the feed the beast folder and re-download it, fixed the problem.
I Also had a weird display bug with dual screen (buttons were empty, no labels), this also fixed that.

Have you clicked on a mod pack before clicking launch?

Yes, a modpack was selected.

Hafuu :)

Sardor

Jul 29, 2019
I have This Problem when i start my FTB
connect: Address is invalid on local machine, or port is not valid on remote machine: java.net.ConnectException: connect: Address is invalid on local machine, or port is not valid on remote machine
Shows in the Console and i can not Login to my Account, i must Play Offline.
But When I Deactivate My Kaspersky AntiVir than it's works Fine for me No Errors, and I can Login in to my Minecraft Account.

Have Anyone a Idea what I can do?

Thanks Sardor.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Well the obvious answer is to change Kaspersky to something like Microsoft Essentials which doesn't have the issue. Without knowing how Kaspersky is blocking it from running I can't answer that part.

Sardor

Jul 29, 2019
I added View exception, and it's help not. Same Problem. I think it a problem Whit Java 7 and Kaspersky, but you need Java 7 64bit to Change the Ram for the Game, it wont work Whit Java 6 who have 32bit.
That is I think the Problem.

dirtybeatfreak

Jul 29, 2019
I am having this problem also. Just stick with Java 6 (both 32 and 64 bit - Oracle recommend having both installed) and wait till it's patched unfortunately. I know it's a pain, I need Java 7 etc for development but there's nothing that can be done about it at the moment I believe. I am just installing & un-installing when I need it etc :(

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
I am having this problem also. Just stick with Java 6 (both 32 and 64 bit - Oracle recommend having both installed) and wait till it's patched unfortunately. I know it's a pain, I need Java 7 etc for development but there's nothing that can be done about it at the moment I believe. I am just installing & un-installing when I need it etc :(
Mac Users: Java 6
Windows Users: Java 7
Windows Users: Bit types need to match

JDK users: Install the appropriate JRE first, then your JDK and make sure your game runs through the downloaded JRE, not the one that comes with JDK.

Status
Not open for further replies.