Locking chests on PvP

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Rogue

Jul 29, 2019
Hi Guys, I've been playing on a server. And ppl keeps raiding my chests. Is there anyway to lock them.

However if you are able to lock the chests, can they still be destroyed to get to the items?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
There is also the IC2(I think) Safe(or its called something with Safe). But I would think the strong boxes are cheaper to make.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
I think Carpenter's Blocks also adds a safe. Not sure how safe it actually is, but I don't think anyone except the owner can break it.

Reactions: YX33A

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Chest with cheap items(but still worth taking), BC gate underneath it detecting inventory level, Piston retractable floor, lava pit. Teach the suckers a lesson.

Reactions: Staxed and Padfoote

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Might also be able to pull something off with MFFS. Detect the player and the starting inventory, and if they should gain any items, have it zap them. Free loot that way too, since they wouldn't be able to retrieve it without dying again.

Reactions: YX33A and Hambeau

ThrillBird

Jul 29, 2019
I'd go mffs. If you don't want to kill every intruder, there is still the option to disable block access and modifying within the are. That would mean they can walk around freely, but don't rightclick or break any block

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Reactions: MoosyDoosy

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Might also be able to pull something off with MFFS. Detect the player and the starting inventory, and if they should gain any items, have it zap them. Free loot that way too, since they wouldn't be able to retrieve it without dying again.

...And if they bring it up to you you'll be able to ask why they're messing with your stuff in the first place... :D

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
...And if they bring it up to you you'll be able to ask why they're messing with your stuff in the first place... :D

Exactly. Plus, you could probably use CC to keep a log of who's been around your base and killed, making it even easier to catch people.

AndreMaartens

Jul 29, 2019
Also try using AE to store your stuff in so each time you log put the storage cells in a unique and unused ender pouch and put it in your inventory

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Trap chest, wireless redstone, running to TiCo Drawbridges. Dissolve the entire floor. Forget Lava. Mystcraft portals one block apart. Stick them in an endless loop.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Trap chest, wireless redstone, running to TiCo Drawbridges. Dissolve the entire floor. Forget Lava. Mystcraft portals one block apart. Stick them in an endless loop.
Better yet, a Mystcraft Void Age using this setup prevents them from any sort of safety, as this setup(you mean with a Mystcraft portal, yes? I assume so) prevents a platform from being spawned, meaning they get a constant death-by-void.