LoadsaMINERALS.

Bryanz

Jul 29, 2019
That's right, this is the second time i'm opening this kind of thread.
Giving the fact that i have Gregtech installed, what's the best way EVER to collect minerals and materials for building the massive resource-demanding objects that Greggy adds?
Since the demise of RP2, tunnel bores or elevator-bores are long forgotten.
What's the deal now?
Do quarries still work nicely, EVEN with QuarryPlus?
I need ores.
Angry RED ores.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
IDK about GT's effect on MFR but if you have the power infrastructure to support a pair or two MFR's Laser Drill with 4 Prechargers each, maybe you can look into that?

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
Tunnel bores are not gone...you just need to use MFFS it adds a version of a frame machine use force fields and such

Siro

Jul 29, 2019
Tunnel bores are not gone...you just need to use MFFS it adds a version of a frame machine use force fields and such

There's also Steve's Carts and computer craft for doing tunnel mining. Of note, manual mining with Tinkers Construct hammers can be quite rapid.

MFR laser Drills are a good choice if you don't want to obliterate landscape with quarries or build swiss cheese tunnels everywhere. A lot of red laser foci will increase the amount of redstone ore it mines up.

Bryanz

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry for the wild bump, but after a week i still can't figure out how to actually gather these goddamn materials.
I don't know actually which mod increases the spawn rates for Iron and Gold, but they're quite common now.
This, however, doesn't help me much.
I can't even afford a goddamn Macerator without mining the shit out of the Twilight Forest.
Halp. ;_;

Bryanz

Jul 29, 2019