Loads of Eggs

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a good way to get loads of eggs quickly without having to spam hens?

I need as many as I can get hold of but I only have a 5*5 area to work with and I want to keep as few entities around as possible. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Is there a good way to get loads of eggs quickly without having to spam hens?

I need as many as I can get hold of but I only have a 5*5 area to work with and I want to keep as few entities around as possible. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
It's possible to squeeze an ungodly amount of chickens into a 1-block space above a hopper. As for reducing entities... Only thing I can think of is to use MineTweaker or something to add in a recipe, or use Equivalent Exchange 2 or Thaumcraft 2 to duplicate them.

Leporine bees?
Didn't think of that- but if I remember correctly, they can only be bred around Easter, which was a month or two ago.

Beeze23

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a UUMatter recipie for eggs? :p

More seriously, I have 10-ish chickens with an AM2 broom shoving eggs into a chest which gets pumped over to a double-sized factorization barrel via insertion pipe, and any excess either get voided or sent to the recycler. That's not as low-entity as it could be , but works in a confined space and doesn't leave dropped eggs all over.

Last edited:

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a UUMatter recipie for eggs? :p

More seriously, I have 10-ish chickens with an AM2 broom shoving eggs into a chest which gets pumped over to a double-sized factorization barrel via insertion pipe, and any excess either get voided or sent to the recycler. That's not as low-entity as it could be , but works in a confined space and doesn't leave dropped eggs all over.
UUM itself was disabled in IC2 EX, but the liquid UUM could dupe it for sure. That said, I'm pretty sure the UUM recipes added by DartCraft have eggs somewhere...
...Yes, DartCraft re-added UUM. And a way to get it. Blessed be thy name, Bluedart.

Reactions: Beeze23

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
It's possible to squeeze an ungodly amount of chickens into a 1-block space above a hopper.
That is also a very very bad idea for the health of your server/PC/fps due to the number of resources being spent on wall glitchings.

Reactions: Padfoote

Drawde

Jul 29, 2019
UUM itself was disabled in IC2 EX, but the liquid UUM could dupe it for sure. That said, I'm pretty sure the UUM recipes added by DartCraft have eggs somewhere...
...Yes, DartCraft re-added UUM. And a way to get it. Blessed be thy name, Bluedart.
Note that I'm unable to get the UUM recipes to work in Monster 1.1.2. Even when using the IC2 version that Bluedart recommends.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Note that I'm unable to get the UUM recipes to work in Monster 1.1.2. Even when using the IC2 version that Bluedart recommends.
Do you have the UUM crop from DartCraft? Because that's the only source of UUM items now.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
What do you need eggs for anyway? Well ok, there's cake, but how many of those do you need. Also, well, you know...the cake is a lie.

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you all for the suggestions you made. I may look into Leporine bees soon and I do want to try out Gendustry.

I am using a Dartcraft based solution but it is not UU matter (no IC2). I have about 10 chickens but with the power of the time torch I am producing roughly one egg every 5-10 seconds. This is enough.

@Ieldra, my egg demand comes from my pumpkin pie factory. I have a large Factorization set up including 4* parallel ore processing (with 4 crystallisers per line + 4 more for the lead byproduct from silver). I also have two servo lines. One to automate the crystallisers and the other to farm the sugar I need for the Pumpkin pies (the pumpkins are running on a basic block breaker farm accelerated by the ritual of the green grove, the sugar farm is accelerated by a lamp of growth powered by herba from the sugar cane itself). The pumpkin pies run into 16 caliometric burners which produce steam for my turbine.

Thanks to the time torch I am producing an excess of eggs and also pumpkins. The sugar production is steady but might be producing a small surplus.

I just need a way to figure out a way to optimise the crystalliser servo so it doesn't use more power than it needs.

Reactions: RedBoss

Iluvalar

Jul 29, 2019
Wait... bees ? It will take much too long. You can make a chicken farm even in vanilla now. It grow exponentially at a rate of about double per minecraft days.

All you need to have is a dispenser over a hopper in a 1x1 area. Make the dispenser some tiles above so it dont kill you chicker by throwing their own eggs at them. All you need it a way to conduct the eggs from the hopper on bottom to the dispenser on top and a clock. Look at the magic happen while more and more chickens lay more and more eggs.

It's a bit noisy and cause lag if you get mad with it. So keep an eye on the growth rate after a few days or else you'll have a chickens invasion on hands...

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Wait... bees ? It will take much too long. You can make a chicken farm even in vanilla now. It grow exponentially at a rate of about double per minecraft days.

All you need to have is a dispenser over a hopper in a 1x1 area. Make the dispenser some tiles above so it dont kill you chicker by throwing their own eggs at them. All you need it a way to conduct the eggs from the hopper on bottom to the dispenser on top and a clock. Look at the magic happen while more and more chickens lay more and more eggs.

It's a bit noisy and cause lag if you get mad with it. So keep an eye on the growth rate after a few days or else you'll have a chickens invasion on hands...
See the bit about lag and noise? Wanna guess why people suggest bees?
And it's not exponential, really. More Geometric then Exponential.

And you vastly underestamate how fast bees can get. Unlike Chickens, one can make bees lay eggs faster with good breeding, or just genetic modification.

Reactions: Padfoote

Michael280

Jul 29, 2019
See the bit about lag and noise? Wanna guess why people suggest bees?
And it's not exponential, really. More Geometric then Exponential.

And you vastly underestamate how fast bees can get. Unlike Chickens, one can make bees lay eggs faster with good breeding, or just genetic modification.

But it's even faster using dartcraft liquid force and force shears.

Each time you force shear a chicken it produces an egg + feather. And if the chicken is kept in an area with force liquid it regrows feathers as fast as my auto-shearer can shear the little guy.

I get tons of feathers and eggs from a single constantly healing chicken.

Reactions: RedBoss

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
But it's even faster using dartcraft liquid force and force shears.

Each time you force shear a chicken it produces an egg + feather. And if the chicken is kept in an area with force liquid it regrows feathers as fast as my auto-shearer can shear the little guy.

I get tons of feathers and eggs from a single constantly healing chicken.
How many eggs would you say you get per minute and how do you deal with force shear production?

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I don't have enough patience for those annoying fucks. I just MFR spawn them and grind them right away. Apparently that gives eggs.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I don't have enough patience for those annoying fucks. I just MFR spawn them and grind them right away. Apparently that gives eggs.
When I do that I end up with chickens in my duct work. :p

That said, pumpkin pie is my preferred MC food option. Mainly because it's an icon on my hot bar that I am not bored of seeing like steak.