Loads of Eggs

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

belgabor

Jul 29, 2019
New idea: chicken trophy + autonomous activator. No idea if it works, but I don't think anyone suggested that yet =)

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
I just can't handle the clucking. I usually go AFK while my energy loops produce infinite resources via sieves/lasers and watch Youtube. The clucking will make you go...

M A D.

Reactions: Beeze23

Beeze23

Jul 29, 2019
I just can't handle the clucking. I usually go AFK while my energy loops produce infinite resources via sieves/lasers and watch Youtube. The clucking will make you go...

M A D.

I once made the mistake of putting my chicken farm on the roof over my factory . . .

Never again!

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
only way I can think of to get as many eggs as possible in the most short amount of time... duping

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
If you can add mods, try the Energy Manipulator. Basically brings back the Energy Condenser block (but not the collectors) from EE2 and the EMC system. It's highly configurable.
Pump in rubbish or high value items, pump out tons of eggs.

Reactions: casilleroatr

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
If you can add mods, try the Energy Manipulator. Basically brings back the Energy Condenser block (but not the collectors) from EE2 and the EMC system. It's highly configurable.
I might do that, the modpack I play is updating much slower these days so adding mods is less of a hassle. I might save it for another world though it does sound interesting.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019

aah, the good ol' times

Reactions: Golrith

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I might do that, the modpack I play is updating much slower these days so adding mods is less of a hassle. I might save it for another world though it does sound interesting.
I personally changed the crafting recipe to require "end game"/rare materials, and even tweaked it's settings turning it into a multiblock for really expensive item processing. I also configured it that only raw resources can be processed, not crafted items/components, plus also a 20% "tax rate" (so it's lossy) and also custom EMC values. (For example, a piece of cobble is 2 (1 after tax), and a diamond is 79k).
Default recipe is only obsidian, glowstone and emeralds, nothing that hard in a modded game.
Makes it something to work towards, not something 5 minutes into a world. Quite powerful being able to make something out of anything, but is very convenient (especially as a "trash can" for your automated quarries/farms and overflow).

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
I personally changed the crafting recipe to require "end game"/rare materials, and even tweaked it's settings turning it into a multiblock for really expensive item processing. I also configured it that only raw resources can be processed, not crafted items/components, plus also a 20% "tax rate" (so it's lossy) and also custom EMC values. (For example, a piece of cobble is 2 (1 after tax), and a diamond is 79k).
Default recipe is only obsidian, glowstone and emeralds, nothing that hard in a modded game.
Makes it something to work towards, not something 5 minutes into a world. Quite powerful being able to make something out of anything, but is very convenient (especially as a "trash can" for your automated quarries/farms and overflow).
2 emc becomes 1 after "20%" tax rate. Sounds familiar.

Did you change the recipe using energy manipulator itself or did you use minetweaker for that.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
2 emc becomes 1 after "20%" tax rate. Sounds familiar.

Did you change the recipe using energy manipulator itself or did you use minetweaker for that.
The mod allows you to change the recipe within it's configs (something modder added at my request).
It works using whole numbers, so with tax rate all the common junk needs to be 2. It does have some system to multiply values when there is a tax rate, but couldn't see a need to use it.

If you are interested, I could share my config files and custom EV values. I calculated everything based on rarity, then fine tuned over a couple of worlds on a server with other players.

Iluvalar

Jul 29, 2019
See the bit about lag and noise? Wanna guess why people suggest bees?
And it's not exponential, really. More Geometric then Exponential.

And you vastly underestamate how fast bees can get. Unlike Chickens, one can make bees lay eggs faster with good breeding, or just genetic modification.
Well depends I guess how many eggs you want and how many time you want to take for the initial setup. My method can easily make 60 eggs a day with few lag in a 1 day build and forget project. Breeding bees might take from longer is you already have the infrastructure to and eternity if you start the bee branch.

As I said previously, i'm an eternal restarter. So bees always look to me like a huge investement in a 10 hour long world...

belgabor

Jul 29, 2019
The leporine bee is literally one step with the advanced mutatron, forest and meadows iirc.

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
The mod allows you to change the recipe within it's configs (something modder added at my request).
It works using whole numbers, so with tax rate all the common junk needs to be 2. It does have some system to multiply values when there is a tax rate, but couldn't see a need to use it.

If you are interested, I could share my config files and custom EV values. I calculated everything based on rarity, then fine tuned over a couple of worlds on a server with other players.
That is very generous thank you. I would love to take a look, although I tend to play the game with a different balance level that I suspect you tend to play (at least on your modpack) but that's no problem.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Thought on an automated cow milker. Without MFR, I thought the only other option was to use some AAs. One to get the milk bucket and another to empty it into a barrel. To speed this up I decided to add some additional cows to the pen...which either does nothing to speed up production or stops production entirely [I had a Mooshroom in there too]. Looked around and saw I could do this with Steve's Carts. Neither option is very attractive at this point and SC would use up a rather large footprint for something I'm only occasionally cooking with. Is there anything I'm missing/overlooking?

Edit: Wow. Entirely wrong thread. Please disregard. This was meant for the ImpactFlux thread, as we're somewhat limited in that pack.