ljfa's mods - Glass shards, Explosion control, Adventure mode from 1.8 brought back, and a bit more!

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
TNTUtils 1.0.2-beta:
A small update that should fix problems with blacklisting Dense Ores (and Poor Ores) that someone apparently had.
Hooray for OpenEye, but please tell me if you encounter problems, else I won't be able to fix them.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Adventure Backport 2.0-alpha
This is a rewrite of like half the entire mod. The best part is that it actually works in Adventure mode now, and Survival mode should be unaffected.

The reason I didn't do it before was that it actually opens a whole can of worms, I had to add a coremod because Forge normally doesn't provide for what I'm doing.
But I figured this way the mod would be more useful and intuitive. Maybe the player would only be in Adventure mode in certain areas.

Be careful, this version can be unstable and there might still be exploits.

Also, I'm kinda excited that I got an opportunity of using the Scala programming language for the newly written classes ^^

Reactions: xTordX and Lethosos

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Update for TNTUtils:
Thr block blacklist can now be turned into a whitelist as well. Also, it is now possible to filter the blocks by metadata.

Ozzymud2

Jul 29, 2019
You saved my game!

Playing FTB Departed with Advent of Ascension, it has a mob in it, a bomber... it places live tnt every 8 seconds and has wrecked the world around me several times over.

I don't mind if I blow up a creeper, but these guys spawn and wander in from unlit areas outside and wreak havok.

tnt utilities is awesome :)

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Glass Shards, Ice Shards and TNTUtils are now also available for Minecraft 1.8.8. They are using Forge's new update checking system.
Apart from that, not much changed.

However I wonder when most other mods will go ahead and update from 1.8 to 1.8.8. According to NotEnoughMods there are only 18 mods for 1.8.8 ^^
Existing code will be compatible with minor changes for the most part. The two versions are pretty similar.

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

Zandorum

Jul 29, 2019
I had a half-baked Idea if you want it;
Glass Dust - Can be thrown to inflict 1 half heart of damage and cause blindness for 8 seconds.

Glass Dust is 1:1 Glass Shards however Glass Dust if not melted down in a TiCon Smeltery requires to be crafted with 3 other Glass Dust to make 1 Glass Shard. It could be a config option that when you break glass for each Glass shard it has a configurable percent chance of dropping Glass Dust instead of a Glass Shard. Note: Pulverizing Glass shards yields 1 Glass dust hence me saying Glass Dust is 1:1 it just has a lossy crafting recipe to become useful if not melted down.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Small update: TNTUtils 1.1.3 now has an option for disabling explosion damage to items (separately from other entities), since someone requested that.

I had a half-baked Idea if you want it;
Glass Dust - Can be thrown to inflict 1 half heart of damage and cause blindness for 8 seconds.
Hm, I don't really like the idea of even smaller pieces just to have something to throw