ljfa's mods - Glass shards, Explosion control, Adventure mode from 1.8 brought back, and a bit more!

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Hi everyone,
this is a collection of some mods that I made.

I'm making mods mostly for fun and for my own enjoyment, but it's always nice when I can share the fruits of my labor with you guys :)

Don't download mods from untrustable locations!
Other download locations are not approved by me and may contain wrong information, outdated versions or even malware. Only download these mods from the links I give here!

Totemic

A mod originally made by @Pokefenn, and recently revived again. Pretty much all of the design and ideas are his ^^
A mod with a focus on nature, music and Native Americal culture.
Build Totem Poles that give boons to nearby players, and dance around them while playing music in order to perform Ceremonies, which can invoke strong effects and manipulate the world.
More information and downloads on the CurseForge page!

Glass Shards (Minecraft 1.7.10 and 1.8.8)

Have you always been annoyed at how glass in Minecraft doesn't drop anything when broken? This small and simple mod changes that.
Also, with Ice Shards you can have the same for ice and packed ice.
The main thread can be found here!

TNTUtils
This is a small mod that allows you to alleviate some aspects of explosions.
Currently it has the following configurable features:
  • Change the size of explosions or disable them entirely
  • Disable TNT explosions
  • Prevent TNT from chain-reacting
  • A "/explosion" command
  • Increase the chance that a destroyed block will drop as an item
  • Prevent explosions from destroying
    • tile entities or
    • any specified block or
    • any blocks but whitelisted blocks
    • any blocks at all
  • Prevent explosions from damaging
    • players or
    • animals and mobs or
    • any entities at all
  • Prevent Creepers from destroying blocks ("environmentally friendly creepers")
Do note that custom explosions from other mods may or may not be affected by this mod.
I hope that someone will find this useful :)

Downloads:
The latest releases can be found at Curse.
The source code and issue tracker can be found at GitHub.

License:
TNTUtils is released under the MIT License. You may include it in modpacks as you want, but it would be nice if you let me know.

Changelog

Adventure Backport
This is a mod for Minecraft 1.7.10 that simulates the Adventure mode from Minecraft 1.8.
It has been greatly overhauled with version 2.0-alpha, so that it actually only affects Adventure mode.
There are still some limitations (such as client-only ghost blocks), but it should generally be functional.
A quick summary of 1.8's Adventure Mode:
  • You cannot break any block without a tool that has an appropriate CanDestroy tag. The block that you want to destroy has to be included in the CanDestroy tag.
    For example, the following command will give you a pickaxe that can only break dirt and cobblestone:
    "/give @p stone_pickaxe 1 0 {CanDestroy:[dirt, cobblestone]}"
  • You cannot place any block without an appropriate CanPlaceOn tag. The block that you want to place your block against has to be included in the CanPlaceOn tag.
    For example, the following command will give you a piece of stone that can only be placed on wood or planks:
    "/give @p stone 1 0 {CanPlaceOn:[log, planks]}"
You can specify individual exceptions for these rules in the configuration file. Also, CanDestroy and CanPlaceOn can be enabled and disabled individually.
Additionally, there is a config option for expanding the scope of CanPlaceOn to also restrict which blocks the player may interact with (e.g. requiring a key to open a chest).

Note regarding Vanilla Minecraft's /give command: It doesn't work properly if you have colons in NBT data, so it won't work when you try to use names of mod items there. One workaround is prefixing the name with a colon.
Example: "/give @p stick 1 0 {CanDestroy:[botania:flower]}" will not work.
Instead use "/give @p stick 1 0 {CanDestroy:[:botania:flower]}".

Downloads:

License:
Adventure Backport is released under the MIT License. You may include it in modpacks as you want, but it would be nice if you let me know.

Changelog

NoItemRotation
This tiny coremod will prevent dropped items from spinning around their axis, or from bobbing up and down. Perfectly in rank and file.
It is not meant to be particularly useful, I made it primarily for learning how coremods work.
rankandfile.png

Downloads:

License:
NoItemRotation is released under the MIT License.

Reporting bugs:
Make sure that you are using the latest version. I will not support outdated or modified versions.
You can post bugs into this thread or use the issue trackers on my GitHub repositories.

Last edited:

xTordX

Jul 29, 2019
Nothing... (Free posts yay trophies yay) jk

Good thing you finally have a hub too.

Reactions: ljfa

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Small update on Adventure Backport, version 1.1.1:
The names of most blocks should now be displayed properly in the tooltip. Blame Mojang for making it unnecessarily complicated :p

Reactions: xTordX

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Let's deobfuscate minceraft!
Well MCP is doing that :p
If you think about it, normally the localized name of a block is never needed in vanilla Minecraft, only the name of the corresponding item.

xTordX

Jul 29, 2019
Well there are different NBT's for the same block which can affect their texture ao that's why that is there. For example uaing NBT you can turn a simple wooden log into something which looks like Redwood Bark Block thingy.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Well it's metadata, not NBT. But yea, this is the basic gist. Blocks that come in different variations depending on metadata, and where the variations have names but not the block on its own.
In case of dirt, it comes as normal dirt, coarse dirt and podzol.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
TNTUtils 1.0-beta:
  • Fixed Java 8 being required (and I thought java.util.function.Predicate was from Java 7...)
  • Added option to change explosion resistance of individual blocks. Want to blow up Bedrock? Now you can.
  • Small changes in how the config is handled

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Two new versions for TNTUtils:

TNTUtils 1.0.1-beta for Minecraft 1.7.10:
Just some small changes:
  • Updated Forge to 10.13.3.1408.
  • Removed an unneeded class.
  • TNTUtils Core is now hidden from the list of loaded mods.
  • Explosion drop chances can now be decreased by providing negative values to the dropChanceIncrease option.
Also, TNTUtils is now updated to Minecraft 1.8! Everything from 1.7.10 should work but it's not guaranteed.

Downloads

Happy exploding!

Last edited: