[LISTED][1.7.10]BlastOff! [Hardcore/EasyCore, HQM][170++Quests] version 1.3.3STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

sagragoth

Jul 29, 2019
Having to use the flaxbeard crucible to make brass just made me hate brassmaking. Maybe the Tinker's Construct smeltery could be a bit farther along, with a slightly more difficult recipe or a rare part for the the smeltery controller, and the flaxbeard crucible could be solidified as early game?

Also, is it just me or are large lumps of galgador uncraftable? How are you supposed to make enhanced galgadorian metal and finish the drill quest like this?

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Since I have been away for awhile, I was wondering a few things. I have read the Changelog "Over & Over", as well as tried my best to read the last 40 pages on here, as well as use the search bar to answer a few questions of mine. So I hope some one could just give me a run down on anything they might feel important to know before starting.

Does hitting mobs with Tinkers Tools still lvl them fast?

Is there anything in the world gen I should keep my eye out for that might help? "Stuff that's been added/removed"

Last, I guess-I see there is a custom resource pack installed, and was wondering if anyone is using one along side of the one installed, or would that mess it up?

Anything else that would help to know would be appreciated, and Thank you:)

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
Speaking of the enderman quest not working, I've killed endermen, I have heads and pearls from them, how do I tell the HQM I completed the quest? It involves doing something like... /hqm edit or something like that... right?

sagragoth

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, nevermind, I worked through NEI and figured out how to make enhanced galgador. It's a bit backwards, though. Hey, there's a new quest idea for you!

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
You know what would be a silly mod suggestion? That dinosaur mod that adds fossils and you add genes and grow dinosaurs, you could also include various other mobs like sheep and people.

Reactions: RehabOholic

Delerium

Jul 29, 2019
You know what would be a silly mod suggestion? That dinosaur mod that adds fossils and you add genes and grow dinosaurs, you could also include various other mobs like sheep and people.
that mod is fun. Plus, it could be an alternate way of getting villagers.

btw, it is /hqm edit, which gives you the cheat book, at which you can go in and reset or manually complete the quest from that book.

DexCisco

Jul 29, 2019
Heya. Yes I am perfectly aware about drone puzzle pieces. Here's what I did: I have a drone, put it into the programmer, put a piece of every colour puzzle inside, connected them all, then pressed export. It took one of each 12 puzzles and saved inside the drone. Then I open the book... nothing. Manual Detect, nothing. I go back to the programmer and take the drone out, hold it in the inventory, nothing. I ran out of ideas about how to do it :D
Atm the drone, if let loose, teleports over to a spot and digs one block out, hehe
I'd appreciate the help on this. I know that I can keep playing without doing this quest but you know...

Same issue here. The drones quest will not recognize a drone in my inventory. Also having trouble crafting steel casings. After all the trouble getting the massive list of materials together it is a little frustrating.

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
Same issue here. The drones quest will not recognize a drone in my inventory. Also having trouble crafting steel casings. After all the trouble getting the massive list of materials together it is a little frustrating.
Use hqm edit to solve the issue if its bugging you

Lagman

Jul 29, 2019
Just want to ask if there is ANY way of automated mining or otherwise getting ores and resources than running around and mining the pillars yourself.
And also why is there the quest Diggy diggy hole in steve's carts quest line?

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
@karmarcharger:
About the towns: The big building you showed me on the testserver has the problem, that during day-time only ghast will spawn (and that at a very low rate). So as soon as you get some sort of flight, it's not much of a challange to go up there and search stuff. ^^
Not sure how that would be solved, since you need some dark places for things to spawn during daytime. Maybe changing the places of the spawners into the darker areas would help.

Barditron

Jul 29, 2019
Heya. Yes I am perfectly aware about drone puzzle pieces. Here's what I did: I have a drone, put it into the programmer, put a piece of every colour puzzle inside, connected them all, then pressed export. It took one of each 12 puzzles and saved inside the drone. Then I open the book... nothing. Manual Detect, nothing. I go back to the programmer and take the drone out, hold it in the inventory, nothing. I ran out of ideas about how to do it :D
Atm the drone, if let loose, teleports over to a spot and digs one block out, hehe
I'd appreciate the help on this. I know that I can keep playing without doing this quest but you know...

It sounds like you made a successful program then. Though i'm not sure what book you are talking about. If you are talking about the HQM Quest book, i have heard that some people are having issues with the quest detecting the drones, but it shouldn't have any relation to the program on the drone. If you are certain that you have satisfied the quest requirements but it isn't detecting in the book, then you need to use the HQM Edit in Lan Mode and Manually complete the quest.

However, the pneumaticcraft programmer isn't just a "put stuff inside and it works" setup. You have to actually write a proper program, changing values such as the locations using the gps, block types, and so on. just having one of every puzzle piece in the program doesn't make it perform any specific function. Most programs won't use one of every puzzle piece, some with use multiple puzzle pieces of a specific type. I highly suggest you watch some YouTube videos on the topic. The programming interface in Pneumaticcraft is also very similar to the one used in Scratch.

Last edited:

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
Just want to ask if there is ANY way of automated mining or otherwise getting ores and resources than running around and mining the pillars yourself.
And also why is there the quest Diggy diggy hole in steve's carts quest line?
For people who wants to kill dungeons!, Also ores do generate in other dimensions...

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019

btw, it is /hqm edit, which gives you the cheat book, at which you can go in and reset or manually complete the quest from that book.
lol right? I want that especially because I recalled someone a while ago mentioning finding villagers in the nether and I found no villagers, only overheated death.

HoneyMungeon

Jul 29, 2019
Got this modpack... Played it from 1.2.3.
This game is as hard as NAILS, and therefore, great job!
One thing though, for some reason I don't get the usual blood splatter effect when I take damage, and the stack sizes are the same as vanilla.
Perhaps it's something with the install? I've force updated it a bunch already...
P.S. Festive Creepers are mean. One botched my 4th attempt. Is there still a quick way to get a bed? Or is it back to dangerously farming spiders for string?

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019

I thing that would be a good mod for this pack. I haven't had the opportunity to try it, but have seen good things. But as for a good fit, you would think there would be fossils after a world ending disaster:) I think I might try and add it myself.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019

Can you make villagers in that mod? I haven't tried it, but read a bit about it, and didn't see what you were talking about.