[LISTED][1.7.10]BlastOff! [Hardcore/EasyCore, HQM][170++Quests] version 1.3.3STABLE

danchizz

Jul 29, 2019
What did you die with? I cannot recreate it...
Just from starve. I remember that it also happen when i died in lava. Guess in all conditions with Damage Over Time.
All items lose, grave from openblocks not appearing, from gravestone too (i disabled openblock graves for testing with this mod). Guess items wont drop too, not tested yet.
Was pretty fun checking if appearing cobblestone in cobble gen will push out me or not. Straight to the lava, and all items gone.
No mods installed before.
And after i tried to update adventurers backpack mod and galacticraft. Nothing changes.

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
Just from starve. I remember that it also happen when i died in lava. Guess in all conditions with Damage Over Time.
All items lose, grave from openblocks not appearing, from gravestone too (i disabled openblock graves for testing with this mod). Guess items wont drop too, not tested yet.
Was pretty fun checking if appearing cobblestone in cobble gen will push out me or not. Straight to the lava, and all items gone.
No mods installed before.
And after i tried to update adventurers backpack mod and galacticraft. Nothing changes.
Well it isnt happening for me either,so I cant pin point whats causing it... perhaps try not to die in a cramp area?

KayelGee

Jul 29, 2019
By your definition, every single mod out there is a cheat. By that very definition, the whole mod pack itself is a cheat, because it doesn't fall into the intended game play of the unmodified minecraft.
It is and that's why some people like to play vanilla over modded because modded is "too easy" and "too cheaty".

A modpack is like it's own game.
Adding mods to the modpack isn't cheating unless you claim that you're playing the same modpack after you added the mods. If you modify the modpack in any way the author didn't intend you to do then you're playing a different pack, your own pack. It doesn't matter how small or big the actual change is. But it's perfectly fine to cheat and

There is a reason for the meteors being so grindy for example. It is so grindy cause it's a last resort ore source. You can hammer a meteor for 10 hours to get one block of emerald or you could just walk into a rougelike dungeon and get 20 blocks of em in 30 minutes(longer if you're unlucky or don't know that the first levels in a rougelike are a walk in the park).

@karmacharger are you intending to keep the special AI mobs which can grab and throw the player? I feel like they are the worst. They can grab you through corners or iron bars for example and run straight into a creeper. The baby zombie version is so hard to spot and so fast. Also if you're in a hall with a low ceiling they tend to grab you and throw you against the ceiling which drops you right in front of them again so they can grab you again instantly. This usually ends in suffocation :/. It's really frustrating.

Also I find it strange to lose sanity from being hit by mobs even if the hits don't damage me. But I guess this can be explained by my character being insane so he doesn't have to make sense or being afraid of tickling xD

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
It is and that's why some people like to play vanilla over modded because modded is "too easy" and "too cheaty".

Adding mods to the modpack isn't cheating unless you claim that you're playing the same modpack after you added the mods. If you modify the modpack in any way the author didn't intend you to do then you're playing a different pack, your own pack. It doesn't matter how small or big the actual change is. But it's perfectly fine to cheat and

There is a reason for the meteors being so grindy for example. It is so grindy cause it's a last resort ore source. You can hammer a meteor for 10 hours to get one block of emerald or you could just walk into a rougelike dungeon and get 20 blocks of em in 30 minutes(longer if you're unlucky or don't know that the first levels in a rougelike are a walk in the park).

@karmacharger are you intending to keep the special AI mobs which can grab and throw the player? I feel like they are the worst. They can grab you through corners or iron bars for example and run straight into a creeper. The baby zombie version is so hard to spot and so fast. Also if you're in a hall with a low ceiling they tend to grab you and throw you against the ceiling which drops you right in front of them again so they can grab you again instantly. This usually ends in suffocation :/. It's really frustrating.

Also I find it strange to lose sanity from being hit by mobs even if the hits don't damage me. But I guess this can be explained by my character being insane so he doesn't have to make sense or being afraid of tickling xD
Press Shift to hop of the mobs, its like riding a minecart.... Being near mobs lower saninity XD... I will look into making those naughty zombies/skeleton rarer :3

Delerium

Jul 29, 2019
I don't agree that modding and cheating mean the same thing.

You contradict yourself here on the last line, but everything before it is the point I've been trying to make the whole time. This is nothing more than one person's mod pack put together in the way that he wanted to experience these mods. He by no means made any of the mods, and quite frankly anyone can put this stuff together with no skill level involved. This pack is karma's vision and play style, and he enjoys the game this way. That doesn't mean everyone will like it exactly the same way, and I don't feel anyone should be discouraged from changing the mod pack to suit their play style. When people say that they are cheating by doing so, it is very hypocritical considering it's no different than what is being done by karma with the mod pack itself. Who is to say that karma's vision for these mods is better or worse than someone else's? If they want to play a certain way or play with different mods than you, don't call them a cheater for doing so.

DamianKr

Jul 29, 2019
Ello. After burning threw all available mod packs for 1.6.X I took a break from minecraft because of some aggravating performance issues of 1.7.X. I recently picked it up again playing BlastOff! with my friend Ram. We encountered a problem both of us have been afflicted with a permanent Speed 2 buff. It is causing allot of rubber banding. We cheated and gave our selves Permanent Slowness 2 to compensate. Is there a solution to this issue other then what we have done?

LieutLaww

Jul 29, 2019
The buff is part of the Myfit that you get as a reward, after you have walked a set amount you get the buff.

Redominus

Jul 29, 2019
Ello. After burning threw all available mod packs for 1.6.X I took a break from minecraft because of some aggravating performance issues of 1.7.X. I recently picked it up again playing BlastOff! with my friend Ram. We encountered a problem both of us have been afflicted with a permanent Speed 2 buff. It is causing allot of rubber banding. We cheated and gave our selves Permanent Slowness 2 to compensate. Is there a solution to this issue other then what we have done?

Rubber banding begin after throwing any throwable item( eggs, spalsh potions, spider eggs, snow, etc.) You can solve it sleeping or login out.

The_Buddha_Of_FTB

Jul 29, 2019
not sure if this is a bug, or a change in mechanics, but i went to go try and modify my pickaxe, and it wouldn't let me, is there a bug, or is there another way modify it.....?

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
not sure if this is a bug, or a change in mechanics, but i went to go try and modify my pickaxe, and it wouldn't let me, is there a bug, or is there another way modify it.....?

Modify as in change its parts or add modifiers? To change parts, you need to have it fully repaired. To add modifiers, it needs to level up so you can see via shifting, how many modifiers can be added.

Reactions: The_Buddha_Of_FTB

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
Test server is back up running Version 1.2.7, Contact me if you are interested in hopping on to test tem bugs/have fun :")

nckheinrich

Jul 29, 2019
Is anyone have an issue with their servers and iguana tweaks? I have edited the iguana tweaks config file for the max pick level to be 99 but it has maxed out at level 6? The "master" level. The config is showing its correct though.

Edit: This seems to be a mod issue. Its not reading the server config but rather reading the client config.

Last edited: