[LISTED][1.7.10]BlastOff! [Hardcore/EasyCore, HQM][170++Quests] version 1.3.3STABLE

hubertnnn

Jul 29, 2019
You are taking an intentionally slow and tedious process, one that is slow and tedious to balance the fact that it's infinitely renewable, and you are cutting it down to 1/100 of the time. It is blatant cheating.

Cheating isn't bad, everyone should enjoy games the best way they can, I mean I cheat and turn of enviromine stuff so I can relax and play at my own slower pace. It is what it is though, anything you do to the pack to make anything in it even slightly easier is cheating.
That is 100% true. Unless you are trying to compare yourself to someone else (leaderboards and stuff), its fine to cheat just to make the game more fun, for example I almost always cheat by turning off natural regeneration.

I've cleared like 15 bunkers and haven't found one, I think they are probably too rare from those to be a realistic quest goal. The quest doesn't say anything about finding one anywhere either, so I think it's either not supposed to be a disabled recipe or it's something that was changed after the quest was made and it was never updated.

Edit: And the quest to build the rocket apparently wants a basic rocket with no storage. I added 3 chests to mine because I can't see why I'd want to build one without them, but it didn't complete the quest and I don't know if I can take them off now.

I guess you are playing on old map. Those bunkers were added in 1.2.6, so you may need to make new chunks to find them, I made this quest before when it was still craftable.

timedr

Jul 29, 2019
mmm urr the only way I can think of is that or I could email my save to u but u but then I need your email

KayelGee

Jul 29, 2019
So it turns out upgrading the meteor defense is not optional. This was so costly I'm just loading the backup, i lost several full chests, a barrel full (256 buckets) of lava, broke my flaxbeards lava gen, and crucible, this was ouch
After seeing your image I'm wondering how exactly the meteor defense works. If a meteor is 60 blocks wide and your shield has a radius of 25 blocks will it block the whole meteor even if it lands outside of the 25 block radius because the 60 block width overlaps with the 25 block radius? Or will it just block the meteor if the center of the meteor is inside of the 25 block radius of the shield?

The latter would make the 25 block radius which you start out with pretty much useless with the current size of the meteors.

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
In the Blast Off! tab of the quest book the "Fuel" quest wants a BC Refinery which is not craftable.
Will check this out...
The Smash Smash quest in the Flaxbeard's part of the quest book is turning out useless for me. Since the Ores mod makes each ore block out of two smashed ore, there's actually no point to putting it through the smasher and only having a 25% chance of it not destroying half of your materials. There actually doesn't seem to be any benefit in the Rock Smasher.

Am I simply doing this wrong or is this simply an incompatibility issue? I could just alter the chances in the config but it still only returns the same materials you put in unless you used silk touch.

Also since I'm posting, I might as well point out that the two hydration quests don't actually reveal the entire process. I didn't find these processes as making much sense so I would definitely suggest guiding the player through the entire process. I mean adding leaves to the melted snow to make it drinkable? Its just weird.

Otherwise I really like the pack and the concept is great. Keep up the good work!
Noted
Actually I was also having this problem, I haven't commented on here because there is no point you either don't reply or blame the player so what's the point in offering constructive criticism?
This mod pack creator/player relationship works both ways....
If you read his previous messages you will understand why i replied that way....

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
Guys, i try to migrate my base from 1.1.7-version map to 1.2.6 version through worldeditCUI. I made it a thousand times so far, but now I'm totally wrekt! :D

The order of operations I did:
Mark a region with axe
Copy region
//schematic save blah-blah-blah

Opened a new map
loaded saved schematic
Paste schematic.

And here is some magic. Blocks from old map turns into other blocks. Instead of chiseled factory blocks - a ton of runic altars, molten metals and some other stuff etc.

Maybe someone already do that trick or know what to do with this ID changes due schematic copy\save-to-file\paste.
Copy paste doesnt work because some block data is saved in the level.DAT file, If you copy over the level.DAT file, the blocks in the new world will get screwed... so yesh no copy pasterino... Unless you try using the template parser of ruins....

Reactions: srdemon

Leanane

Jul 29, 2019
Hi everyone !

(sorry for my English, I'm French !)

I have downloaded the last version of BlastOff and, as the base camp as changed, I'm a little bit confused with the sapling storage quest... In previous version, saplings spwaned behind the "Energy Machine", but in the new blast off (EasyCore), I can't find where it appears !

There is no video about the beginning of the adventure on the web to help right now, may be in a few weeks but it 's hard to wait to begin this news adventure ;)

Any help ?

Thanks

And have a nice day !

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
Hi everyone !

(sorry for my English, I'm French !)

I have downloaded the last version of BlastOff and, as the base camp as changed, I'm a little bit confused with the sapling storage quest... In previous version, saplings spwaned behind the "Energy Machine", but in the new blast off (EasyCore), I can't find where it appears !

There is no video about the beginning of the adventure on the web to help right now, may be in a few weeks but it 's hard to wait to begin this news adventure ;)

Any help ?

Thanks

And have a nice day !
The Spatial IO port is above the signs, the blocks that appears after you pressed the button is on the first floor.

Reactions: Leanane and srdemon

srdemon

Jul 29, 2019
Copy paste doesnt work because some block data is saved in the level.DAT file, If you copy over the level.DAT file, the blocks in the new world will get screwed... so yesh no copy pasterino... Unless you try using the template parser of ruins....

Yep! This is it! All blocks messed up, i think that because of block's IDs was changed when some mods has been removed.
I'll test the ruins template, thank you!

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
You are taking an intentionally slow and tedious process, one that is slow and tedious to balance the fact that it's infinitely renewable, and you are cutting it down to 1/100 of the time. It is blatant cheating.

Cheating isn't bad, everyone should enjoy games the best way they can, I mean I cheat and turn of enviromine stuff so I can relax and play at my own slower pace. It is what it is though, anything you do to the pack to make anything in it even slightly easier is cheating.

I think it should be renamed to innovate to ones game-style. Cheating is such a negative word, because in some other games, when accused and found guilty of cheating, they are banned and punished. Meh, not gonna start an argument but cheating for me is going into creative, get a stack of machines, ores, and other stuff, then go back into survival and claim I did it all! Oh well, we all got different gamestyles so to one's own :D

Also, hammering one block at a time...

1361588372_3rtad5-300x196.jpg

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
I think it should be renamed to innovate to ones game-style. Cheating is such a negative word, because in some other games, when accused and found guilty of cheating, they are banned and punished. Meh, not gonna start an argument but cheating for me is going into creative, get a stack of machines, ores, and other stuff, then go back into survival and claim I did it all! Oh well, we all got different gamestyles so to one's own :D

Also, hammering one block at a time...

1361588372_3rtad5-300x196.jpg
Get Efficientcy 5 & fortune 3 and your set to do it legitly :3

Throw in haste2 too!

Feldmanovich_

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, please help, thank you very much !

So what's the best way to process the hardended ores? I thought there is'nt much you can do and only smelt the dust you get when you break the ores in those mountains, what are you using \ whats the best way ? in early \ mid game status.
I already got fully automated unlimited lava supply \ smeltery \ RF power \ and just started with some eurka stuffs, also I got the flaxbeard's crucible but I got no idea how to use, just throw 3coppers ingots and 1zinc ingots while there's lava below it and right click it to the mold ?

thanks for helping me out !