[LISTED][1.7.10]BlastOff! [Hardcore/EasyCore, HQM][170++Quests] version 1.3.3STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
No clue why you would call it cheat.

Thing about blastoff it is not a hard modpack.

It is a time consuming modpack sure. But hard? Nope.

Felinoel but if you got nothing better to do with your time then mine meteors for hours and hours. xD
I already said that I watched TV while I did it mAtTsSoN.

Luigi1190

Jul 29, 2019
The Smash Smash quest in the Flaxbeard's part of the quest book is turning out useless for me. Since the Ores mod makes each ore block out of two smashed ore, there's actually no point to putting it through the smasher and only having a 25% chance of it not destroying half of your materials. There actually doesn't seem to be any benefit in the Rock Smasher.

Am I simply doing this wrong or is this simply an incompatibility issue? I could just alter the chances in the config but it still only returns the same materials you put in unless you used silk touch.

Also since I'm posting, I might as well point out that the two hydration quests don't actually reveal the entire process. I didn't find these processes as making much sense so I would definitely suggest guiding the player through the entire process. I mean adding leaves to the melted snow to make it drinkable? Its just weird.

Otherwise I really like the pack and the concept is great. Keep up the good work!

Astasia

Jul 29, 2019
You can find them in busted bunkers, thats where I found mine :D

I've cleared like 15 bunkers and haven't found one, I think they are probably too rare from those to be a realistic quest goal. The quest doesn't say anything about finding one anywhere either, so I think it's either not supposed to be a disabled recipe or it's something that was changed after the quest was made and it was never updated.

Edit: And the quest to build the rocket apparently wants a basic rocket with no storage. I added 3 chests to mine because I can't see why I'd want to build one without them, but it didn't complete the quest and I don't know if I can take them off now.

Last edited:

Delerium

Jul 29, 2019
The Smash Smash quest in the Flaxbeard's part of the quest book is turning out useless for me. Since the Ores mod makes each ore block out of two smashed ore, there's actually no point to putting it through the smasher and only having a 25% chance of it not destroying half of your materials. There actually doesn't seem to be any benefit in the Rock Smasher.

Am I simply doing this wrong or is this simply an incompatibility issue? I could just alter the chances in the config but it still only returns the same materials you put in unless you used silk touch.

Also since I'm posting, I might as well point out that the two hydration quests don't actually reveal the entire process. I didn't find these processes as making much sense so I would definitely suggest guiding the player through the entire process. I mean adding leaves to the melted snow to make it drinkable? Its just weird.

Otherwise I really like the pack and the concept is great. Keep up the good work!
I've voiced before that the karma needs to explain things better in the quest book text what his intentions are. This quest is an attempt to have you make an early cobblestone generator out of the smashers. Karma really needs to state that in the quest text.

JazParks

Jul 29, 2019
It means you are not trying hard enough? Or you are not lucky.... no one else have that problem, so the problem is YOU, not the pack....

Actually I was also having this problem, I haven't commented on here because there is no point you either don't reply or blame the player so what's the point in offering constructive criticism?
This mod pack creator/player relationship works both ways....

Radex392

Jul 29, 2019
I've cleared like 15 bunkers and haven't found one, I think they are probably too rare from those to be a realistic quest goal. The quest doesn't say anything about finding one anywhere either, so I think it's either not supposed to be a disabled recipe or it's something that was changed after the quest was made and it was never updated.

Edit: And the quest to build the rocket apparently wants a basic rocket with no storage. I added 3 chests to mine because I can't see why I'd want to build one without them, but it didn't complete the quest and I don't know if I can take them off now.
Oh, I must of got lucky then, found it in the first one I went to.

nariman

Jul 29, 2019
hey guys I have a problem with blast off I cant lunch it on macbook pro with osx yosemite , is there any fix i can use ? i tried to install java 7 (because luncher said java 8 not supported) and tried many javas except 6 ( i dont want to use 6 because of many bugs that has) i can post my log or anything for you guys , and I just want to know if there is any fix for that

nariman

Jul 29, 2019
its feed the beast console (it wont lunch the blast of and closes after I lunch the game)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
AnalyticsBackgroundThread started
FTBLaunch starting up (version 1.4.3 Build: 10403)
Java version: 1.7.0_75
Java vendor: Oracle Corporation
Java home: /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home
Java specification: Java Virtual Machine Specification version: 1.7 by Oracle Corporation
Java vm: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM version: 24.75-b04 by Oracle Corporation
Launcher Install Dir: /Users/nariman351/FTBlauncher
System memory: 5822M free, 16384M total
The FTB Launcher has found the following Java versions installed:
Java Version: 1.8.0_05 sorted as: 1.8.0_5 64 Bit Java at : /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_05.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/java (UNSUPPORTED!)
Java Version: 1.7.0_75 sorted as: 1.7.0_75 64 Bit Java at : /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home/bin/java
Java Version: 1.7.0_75 sorted as: 1.7.0_75 64 Bit Java at : /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home/bin/java
Preferred: Java Version: 1.7.0_75 sorted as: 1.7.0_75 64 Bit Java at : /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home/bin/java
DownloadUtils.run() starting
[i18n] Fallback enUS loaded
[i18n] enUS English (US) language file loaded!
Balance has selected Automatic:CurseCDN
DL ready
[i18n] Added 0 enUS to options pane
[i18n] Added 1 cyGB to options pane
[i18n] Added 2 daDK to options pane
[i18n] Added 3 deDE to options pane
[i18n] Added 4 enUS to options pane
[i18n] Added 5 enGB to options pane
[i18n] Added 6 esES to options pane
[i18n] Added 7 fiFI to options pane
[i18n] Added 8 frFR to options pane
[i18n] Added 9 itIT to options pane
[i18n] Added 10 nlNL to options pane
[i18n] Added 11 noNO to options pane
[i18n] Added 12 maHU to options pane
[i18n] Added 13 ptBR to options pane
[i18n] Added 14 ptPT to options pane
[i18n] Added 15 ruRU to options pane
[i18n] Added 17 zhCN to options pane
[i18n] Added 16 svSE to options pane
[i18n] enUS English (US) language file loaded!
Using download server Automatic:CurseCDN on host ftb.cursecdn.com (198.41.209.102)
Local Authlib Version is good, skipping Download
Adding Authlib to Classpath
Loading modpack information for modpacks.xml...
Adding FTB Pack: 1 (Infinity 1.7)
Adding FTB Pack: 2 (Direwolf20)
Adding FTB Pack: 3 (Pax South 2015 Map)
Adding FTB Pack: 4 (Resurrection)
Adding FTB Pack: 5 (Monster)
Adding FTB Pack: 6 (Direwolf20)
Adding FTB Pack: 7 (Alpha FTBLite 3)
Adding FTB Pack: 8 (Alpha FTB Mage Quest)
Adding FTB Pack: 9 (Horizons)
Adding FTB Pack: 10 (Tech World 2)
Adding FTB Pack: 11 (Magic World 2)
Adding FTB Pack: 12 (FTBLite2)
Adding FTB Pack: 13 (FTB Unleashed)
Adding FTB Pack: 14 (FTB Ultimate)
Adding FTB Pack: 15 (Unstable 1.7.x (Public Beta Test Pack))
Adding FTB Pack: 16 (FTB Lite)
Adding FTB Pack: 17 (Direwolf20 1.5 v2)
Adding FTB Pack: 18 (Direwolf20 Pack)
Adding FTB Pack: 19 (MindCrack Pack)
Adding FTB Pack: 20 (YogCraft Modpack)
Adding FTB Pack: 21 (FTB Unhinged)
Adding FTB Pack: 22 (Magic World)
Adding FTB Pack: 23 (Tech World)
Adding FTB Pack: 24 (Pax Prime 2014 Map)
Adding FTB Pack: 25 (Pax East 2014 Map)
Adding FTB Pack: 26 (Pax Challenge Pack 2013)
Adding FTB Pack: 27 (Feed The Beast Retro SSP)
Adding FTB Pack: 28 (Feed The Beast Retro SMP)
Adding FTB Pack: 29 (Slow's Stream Pack)
Adding FTB Pack: 30 (Feed The Beast Beta Pack A)
Loading modpack information for thirdparty.xml...
loading map information...
loading texture pack information...
Adding Third Party Pack: 1 (Blast Off!)
Adding Third Party Pack: 2 (Material Energy^4)
Adding Third Party Pack: 3 (TolkienCraft II)
Adding Third Party Pack: 4 (Running Red 2: Vampire Money)
Adding Third Party Pack: 5 (The Dark Trilogy)
Adding Third Party Pack: 6 (Crash Landing)
Adding Third Party Pack: 7 (Agrarian Skies: Hardcore Quest)
Adding Third Party Pack: 8 (Material Energy^3)
Adding Third Party Pack: 9 (Test Pack Please Ignore)
Adding Third Party Pack: 10 (Running Red)
Adding Third Party Pack: 11 (EPiCCRAFT)
Adding Third Party Pack: 12 (BloodNBones)
Adding Third Party Pack: 13 (Magic Farm 2:Adventures in Technology)
Adding Third Party Pack: 14 (Vanilla Minecraft)
Adding map 1 (Agrarian Skies Default Map)
Adding map 2 (Agrarian Skies Flat Map)
Adding map 3 (Agrarian Skies Server Map)
Adding map 4 (Direwolf20 Map Ep.0)
Adding map 5 (FTB Pax Challenge)
Adding map 6 (Direwolf20 Map Ep.0)
Adding map 7 (Direwolf20 Map Ep.10)
Adding map 8 (Direwolf20 Map Ep.20)
Adding map 9 (Direwolf20 Map Ep.30)
Adding map 10 (Direwolf20 Map Ep.40)
Adding map 11 (Direwolf20 Map Ep.50)
Adding map 12 (Direwolf20 Map Ep.80)
Adding map 13 (FTB Normal)
Adding map 14 (FTB Insanity)
Adding texture pack 1 (Soartex Fanver)
Adding texture pack 2 (Jadedcat Mixpack)
Adding texture pack 3 (Invictus)
Adding texture pack 4 (Faithful)
Adding texture pack 5 (JohnSmith Technicians Remix)
Adding texture pack 6 (Familiar yet Different)
Adding texture pack 7 (Love And Tolerance)
Logging in...
Beginning authlib authentication attempt
successfully created YggdrasilAuthenticationService
Login complete.
Checking local assets file, for MC version1.7.10 Please wait!
Setting up native libraries for Blast Off! v Recommended Version MC 1.7.10
Syncing Assets:
Java Path: /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home/bin/java
Pack: Blast Off! 1.7.10
Setting MinMemory to 256
Setting MaxMemory to 6144
Defaulting PermSize to 256m
[07:08:01] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper]: Loading tweak class name cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
[07:08:01] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper]: Using primary tweak class name cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
[07:08:01] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper]: Calling tweak class cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
[07:08:02] [main/INFO] [FML]: Forge Mod Loader version 7.10.88.1307 for Minecraft 1.7.10 loading
[07:08:02] [main/INFO] [FML]: Java is Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM, version 1.7.0_75, running on Mac OS X:x86_64:10.10.2, installed at /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home
[07:08:02] [main/WARN] [FML]: The coremod mods.battlegear2.coremod.BattlegearLoadingPlugin does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
[07:08:02] [main/WARN] [FML]: The coremod appeng.transformer.AppEngCore does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
[07:08:02] [main/INFO] [FML]: [AppEng] Core Init
[07:08:02] [main/WARN] [FML]: The coremod aroma1997.core.coremod.CoreMod does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
[07:08:02] [main/WARN] [FML]: The coremod buildcraftAdditions.preloader.BCALoadingPlugin does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
[07:08:02] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [codechicken.core.launch.DepLoader$DepLoadInst:checkExisting:435]: Warning: version of ForgeMultipart, 1.1.1.320 is newer than request 1.1.0.314
[07:08:02] [main/WARN] [FML]: The coremod codechicken.core.launch.CodeChickenCorePlugin does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
[07:08:02] [main/WARN] [FML]: The coremod cofh.asm.LoadingPlugin does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
[07:08:02] [main/WARN] [FML]: The coremod fastcraft.LoadingPlugin does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
[07:08:02] [main/INFO] [FastCraft-core]: FastCraft loading...
[07:08:02] [main/WARN] [FML]: The coremod codechicken.core.launch.DepLoader does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
[07:08:02] [main/WARN] [FML]: The coremod invtweaks.forge.asm.FMLPlugin does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
[07:08:02] [main/WARN] [FML]: The coremod logisticspipes.asm.LogisticsPipesCoreLoader does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
[07:08:02] [main/WARN] [FML]: The coremod mariculture.fishery.VanillaOverride does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
[07:08:02] [main/WARN] [FML]: The coremod mekanism.common.asm.LoadingHook does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
[07:08:02] [main/WARN] [FML]: The coremod micdoodle8.mods.miccore.MicdoodlePlugin does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
[07:08:02] [main/WARN] [FML]: The coremod codechicken.nei.asm.NEICorePlugin does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
[07:08:02] [main/WARN] [FML]: The coremod openblocks.OpenBlocksCorePlugin does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
[07:08:02] [main/WARN] [FML]: The coremod openmods.OpenModsCorePlugin does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
[07:08:02] [main/WARN] [FML]: The coremod atomicstryker.stalkercreepers.common.SCFMLCorePlugin does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
[07:08:02] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper]: Loading tweak class name cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLInjectionAndSortingTweaker
[07:08:02] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper]: Loading tweak class name cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLDeobfTweaker
[07:08:02] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper]: Calling tweak class cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLInjectionAndSortingTweaker
[07:08:02] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper]: Calling tweak class cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLInjectionAndSortingTweaker
[07:08:02] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper]: Calling tweak class cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.CoreModManager$FMLPluginWrapper
[07:08:02] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper]: Calling tweak class cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.CoreModManager$FMLPluginWrapper
[07:08:04] [main/INFO] [FML]: Found valid fingerprint for Minecraft Forge. Certificate fingerprint e3c3d50c7c986df74c645c0ac54639741c90a557
[07:08:04] [main/INFO] [FML]: Found valid fingerprint for Minecraft. Certificate fingerprint cd99959656f753dc28d863b46769f7f8fbaefcfc
[07:08:04] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper]: Calling tweak class cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.CoreModManager$FMLPluginWrapper
[07:08:04] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper]: Calling tweak class cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.CoreModManager$FMLPluginWrapper
[07:08:04] [main/INFO] [Aroma1997Core]: Finished data injection.
[07:08:04] [main/INFO] [Aroma1997Core]: Finished data injection.
Exception in thread "main" [07:08:04] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: gnu/trove/map/hash/TObjectByteHashMap
[07:08:04] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: at cofh.asm.ASMCore.<clinit>(ASMCore.java:59)
[07:08:04] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: at cofh.asm.PCCASMTransformer.<init>(PCCASMTransformer.java:19)
[07:08:04] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
[07:08:04] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:57)
[07:08:04] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
[07:08:04] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:526)
[07:08:04] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:379)
[07:08:04] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.registerTransformer(LaunchClassLoader.java:88)
[07:08:04] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.CoreModManager$FMLPluginWrapper.injectIntoClassLoader(CoreModManager.java:101)
[07:08:04] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:115)
[07:08:04] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)
[07:08:04] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: gnu.trove.map.hash.TObjectByteHashMap
[07:08:04] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:191)
[07:08:04] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:425)
[07:08:04] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:358)
[07:08:04] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: ... 11 more
[07:08:04] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
[07:08:04] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:182)
[07:08:04] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: ... 13 more

Astasia

Jul 29, 2019
If anyone is curious about how long it takes to move through the pack, my first rocket lifted off for the space station at the ~6000 minute mark, and I had like 90 quests completed at that time. I was not rushing for lift off, it could probably be done a lot faster. Really the only point I ever felt like I was "grinding" away at something was with the old galg recipe when I needed a ton of emeralds, it's just a constant gradual progress, with more time spent processing and automating things than spent gather things, at least with my playstyle. So it's definitely a pack that takes a huge time investment to get far in, but that's a plus IMO.

I will say, I think the time investment should be shifted a lot toward the later game. For a pack called "BlastOff!" I think it takes entirely too long for that to actually happen. I like the time investment as I said, I just think the real work should begin after you are in space, with less time spent in the mid-game. Then again I've only looked at the first moon quest, maybe I've only scratched the surface of the pack and that 6000 minute early game was relatively quick.

Reactions: HK2F

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
Actually I was also having this problem, I haven't commented on here because there is no point you either don't reply or blame the player so what's the point in offering constructive criticism?
This mod pack creator/player relationship works both ways....
Random is random, luck cannot be faulted at the modpack dev because luck is not capable to be controlled.

RojoM

Jul 29, 2019
its feed the beast console (it wont lunch the blast of and closes after I lunch the game)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
AnalyticsBackgroundThread started
FTBLaunch starting up (version 1.4.3 Build: 10403)
If I had a penny for every quack that didnt use spoilers on their launch log, I would probably be richer than Bill Gates. Use. Dang. Spoilers.

CreeperHater25

Jul 29, 2019
Nice mod though the zombies in the dungeons are far far too OP they like one hit you.

I have the armor at the start of the game and I have diamond leggings and helmet and boots. Yet no still one hit.

Im playing on hardcore mode.

Also there is no player death markers so you have to try remember where you died.

Seriously add some decent armor or make the zombies less OP.

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
Nice mod though the zombies in the dungeons are far far too OP they like one hit you.

I have the armor at the start of the game and I have diamond leggings and helmet and boots. Yet no still one hit.

Im playing on hardcore mode.

Also there is no player death markers so you have to try remember where you died.

Seriously add some decent armor or make the zombies less OP.
The Last Stand enchantment on the armor from the start lets you use experience as hit points, keep a high stock of experience points and you will be fine.

There is no player death markers because this is a hardcore map that can also be played nonhardcore.

MalikDrako

Jul 29, 2019
I use java 8 in windows fine with this pack. Try deleting your BlastOff folder and redownloading, that looks more like a bad download. If you have a save, be sure to back it up first

kcastin

Jul 29, 2019
How do i get the new map like on the yogscast playthrough? Is there a download? if so can i get a link? ty

timedr

Jul 29, 2019
How do i get the new map like on the yogscast playthrough? Is there a download? if so can i get a link? ty

do u mean this one
th