[LISTED][1.7.10]BlastOff! [Hardcore/EasyCore, HQM][170++Quests] version 1.3.3STABLE

3xraze

Jul 29, 2019
sorry dont mean to make another post with this question but i really cant find rutile ore to make titanium fishing rods for the quest any help or hints :3 thx in advance

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
sorry dont mean to make another post with this question but i really cant find rutile ore to make titanium fishing rods for the quest any help or hints :3 thx in advance
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwBj-5MfhNG_M3VnMjVPUEV1RzQ/view?usp=sharing

Replace the Modtweaker.zs file in Feedthebeast/Blastoff/minecraft/scripts folder, this will enable you to get titanium from hammering Hardened limestone :). ( forgot to add that a while back X_X)

Will be implemented on the launcher in the next patch

3xraze

Jul 29, 2019

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Which recipe which uses Enhanced Galgadorian is causing the issue? :p

A normal setup for Ender IO (until the first spawner is used), including combustion generator plus 2 Vats for making it run, will use 9 Machine Casings and 6 Advanced PCB.

Seen on Monster-Drops:
- to get the Machine casings (without the capacitor counted, to only the "Blocks of Enhanced Galgadorian") you need: 5184 Slimeballs, 6480 Blazepowder, 1296 Ender Pearls, 2592 Ghasttears and 2592 Spidereyes.
- for the Advanced PCB (Capacitors): 1536 Slimeballs, 1920 Blazepowder, 384 Ender Pearls, 768 Ghasttears and 768 Spidereyes.

While I think the Ender Pearls are in the limit of "Reachable goal" now (after the recipe changes), the other monsterdrops are just too much. Who really wants to farm about 22'600 things from several monsters before they finaly can start automating it.

Not to forget that this is pretty much the most basic setup with 1 Auto Spawner without any upgrade for any machine, so very very slow automation for gathering monsterdrops.

So to your question:
The core-recipes for the machines (so Steelcasing for Mekanism, Machine Casing for Ender IO) are the problem, they're just too expensive for how often they're used.
Even with an autospawner+grinder setup from MFR (and we all know that MFR makes things 'really' easy) it would take a very long time to gather everything you need. Doing that by hand...

Maybe the "Eye of Galgadorian" needs a recipe change. At the moment per eye you need 4 Slime, 5 Blazepowder, 1 Ender Pearl, 2 Ghasttear and 2 Spider eye.
As I mentioned in my last posting: Looking at the recipe alone, the recipe doesn't look so expensive, but then multiplying it by how often you need the recipe... well you see the numbers aboth where it can go very very fast.

Last edited:

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
A normal setup for Ender IO (until the first spawner is used), including combustion generator plus 2 Vats for making it run, will use 9 Machine Casings and 6 Advanced PCB.

Seen on Monster-Drops:
- to get the Machine casings (without the capacitor counted, to only the "Blocks of Enhanced Galgadorian") you need: 5184 Slimeballs, 6480 Blazepowder, 396 Ender Pearls, 2592 Ghasttears and 2592 Spidereyes.
- for the Advanced PCB (Capacitors): 1536 Slimeballs, 1920 Blazepowder, 384 Ender Pearls, 768 Ghasttears and 768 Spidereyes.

While I think the Ender Pearls are in the limit of "Reachable goal" now (after the recipe changes), the other monsterdrops are just too much. Who really wants to farm about 22'600 things from several monsters before they finaly can start automating it.

Not to forget that this is pretty much the most basic setup with 1 Auto Spawner without any upgrade for any machine, so very very slow automation for gathering monsterdrops.

So to your question:
The core-recipes for the machines (so Steelcasing for Mekanism, Machine Casing for Ender IO) are the problem, they're just too expensive for how often they're used.
Even with an autospawner+grinder setup from MFR (and we all know that MFR makes things 'really' easy) it would take a very long time to gather everything you need. Doing that by hand...

Maybe the "Eye of Galgadorian" needs a recipe change. At the moment per eye you need 4 Slime, 5 Blazepowder, 1 Ender Pearl, 2 Ghasttear and 2 Spider eye.
As I mentioned in my last posting: Looking at the recipe alone, the recipe doesn't look so expensive, but then multiplying it by how often you need the recipe... well you see the numbers aboth where it can go very very fast.

I see the problem xD will work on a fix

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
I see the problem xD will work on a fix

Just checked, it's the same recipe I did my maths with.

[edit]
Okay. :)
Kinda happy that it's not just me, that maybe is a bit to sensitive with these recipes ^^

[edit 2]
Changed the ender pearls used for machine casings. Was using the wrong number, it's 1296 ender pearls used not 396. ^^

Last edited:

Inngrimsch

Jul 29, 2019
I actually have 2 ideas on how to improve that and 1 for an additional early quest

1. Change the recipe for powered spawner + killerjoe to not require machines casings and anything that needs galgadorian metals just make it so that you need 1 block of enhanced galga and some common stuff like diamonds emeralds
2. Add MFR block all machines except auto spawner grinder safari net -> change recipes to require 1 enhc galg block

those 2 things would sitll require you to farm a lot of monster drops which probably would take 1-10h but would atleast allow you to farm directly towards automation with out any delay^^

And an idea for an early quest would be: Hand in 64 cobble stone get 1 trasnfer node + world interaction upgrade for cobblestone change upgrade recipe to require galgadorian blocks to make it kinda unobtainable and at the same time change the transfer pipe recipe to require instead of gladd ender pearls so that you cant just use them for transportation early game. What this would in the end make is a good compact cobblegen where you have to think of ways to either transport lava long ways via carts or something or transpot the cobblestone itself via carts^^ ( i could see people automate like a single lava gen and transporting it via steve tank cart arround the base or the cobblestone itself)

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
I actually have 2 ideas on how to improve that and 1 for an additional early quest

1. Change the recipe for powered spawner + killerjoe to not require machines casings and anything that needs galgadorian metals just make it so that you need 1 block of enhanced galga and some common stuff like diamonds emeralds
2. Add MFR block all machines except auto spawner grinder safari net -> change recipes to require 1 enhc galg block

those 2 things would sitll require you to farm a lot of monster drops which probably would take 1-10h but would atleast allow you to farm directly towards automation with out any delay^^

And an idea for an early quest would be: Hand in 64 cobble stone get 1 trasnfer node + world interaction upgrade for cobblestone change upgrade recipe to require galgadorian blocks to make it kinda unobtainable and at the same time change the transfer pipe recipe to require instead of gladd ender pearls so that you cant just use them for transportation early game. What this would in the end make is a good compact cobblegen where you have to think of ways to either transport lava long ways via carts or something or transpot the cobblestone itself via carts^^ ( i could see people automate like a single lava gen and transporting it via steve tank cart arround the base or the cobblestone itself)
The main reason why Transfer nodes are expensive is because of its OPness, you can use it to do almost anything, Item sorting, Suck item from ground, cobble gen, etc so making it abit more expensive :3
I find MFR not interactive IMO, its like placing a block and letting the block generate infinite resources which is kinda boring :/, steve carts has abit more interaction then MFR imo.

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
Pizza Burgers and so on:p change kawaii crops with pam's and you have all the food you could want ^_^
I am going on a Mob drop food focus, because i really doubt players would like to start a farm to sustain their food supplies :p... Using mob drop that they want to incinerate for food might appeal abit more, in the case of the bone/flesh stews.

Inngrimsch

Jul 29, 2019
That's what the ender io changes are about if mfr is not liked ;P and with the transfernode i am fine with it being expensive don't get me wrong but i personally absoluty loath big cobble gen's and giving us a singe node + world interaction upgrade dosent give you the possibility to even use it for anything but making a single compact cobble gen :D

also for ender io the shear power requirement already balances the cheaper recipe it still wont be easy to set it up fast

Inngrimsch

Jul 29, 2019
I am going on a Mob drop food focus, because i really doubt players would like to start a farm to sustain their food supplies :p... Using mob drop that they want to incinerate for food might appeal abit more, in the case of the bone/flesh stews.
Make a zombie burger :p most people already have wheat and would give a good use to zombie flesh

Tsuke13

Jul 29, 2019
I broke something again.....
Tried to see if I could water crops underground with the watering can. Except I can no longer get particles from the can. Looked up extra utilities to understand it better. Says I need to refill it from a source block. Can't do that either, tried from my water storage.

Created new world for test. Can't use watering can on sapplings to even get wood for first quests.
Right click still works, confirmed outside of game, and inside, sword blocking.

Logged out, in. Full restart. Nada.

Furthermore I can no longer break any block without its "tool". Hands wont break snow, dirt. Pick wont break snow, needs shovel ONLY. Can't punch trees' need axe.

Not familiar with ALL the mods, and there are plenty of overlapping key commands.
Any idea?

Was working when I started playing this evening, but somewhere along the lines something changed.

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
I broke something again.....
Tried to see if I could water crops underground with the watering can. Except I can no longer get particles from the can. Looked up extra utilities to understand it better. Says I need to refill it from a source block. Can't do that either, tried from my water storage.

Created new world for test. Can't use watering can on sapplings to even get wood for first quests.
Right click still works, confirmed outside of game, and inside, sword blocking.

Logged out, in. Full restart. Nada.

Furthermore I can no longer break any block without its "tool". Hands wont break snow, dirt. Pick wont break snow, needs shovel ONLY. Can't punch trees' need axe.

Not familiar with ALL the mods, and there are plenty of overlapping key commands.
Any idea?

Was working when I started playing this evening, but somewhere along the lines something changed.
Copy your world out, do a full reinstall of the pack :p

Tsuke13

Jul 29, 2019
I don't play much modded, by that do you mean just copy the save file, and reinstall?

Also, :), extremely off topic, how do you do the quote thing anyway's?