[LISTED][1.7.10]BlastOff! [Hardcore/EasyCore, HQM][170++Quests] version 1.3.3STABLE

RojoM

Jul 29, 2019
I wrote a little blurb on the ftb wiki blast zone page about what the pack is about. I wanted to write a little something for the pack I like so much :)

BlastOff uses the HQM mod and is a quest based modpack in a post apocalyptic setting in which the player is the last person left in a world destroyed by a nuclear blast. There is no nature left on the planet, where all ores and blocks have corroded into hardened clay and evil creatures rule the night, including infernal mobs, SpecialAI and primitive mobs. The player is also under the influence of Enviromine, a mod that adds thirst, air quality, temperature sensitivity, and sanity levels to the player, and uses the Spice of Life, which diminishes the hunger values of food you eat repeatedly. However, there is hope. The meteors that land provide metals which can be used in mods such as Tinkers Construct to make tools and weapons. Mods such as Extra Utilities and Mekanism bring opportunities to make technology, along with spatial drives given to you by quests, which contain dirt, saplings, and supplies to starts a new world and Blast off to meet the rest of humanity in space.

RojoM

Jul 29, 2019
There are tons of other bunkers around, they are full of dead people.
You are the only one who survived the long sleep and have also been woken up.

There are plenty of "survivors" running around as zombies, cure them and make a new village like I did. I even had a child with one of those cured "survivors"

Yeah but I could have had a partner, that helped me out through this entire world, and we both could have helped each other, and -totally not eaten each other for food- and now all I use them for....is to smash through ores.....they will always be with me, under that steel coating on my pick. AGHHHHH they are here! They are in my head GETITOUTGETITOUTGETITOUT! *goes insane once again* *stabs self with the sword Robit gives him* Ugh gg world *RojoM dies yet again to insanity...better luck next time scrub.

kpp

Jul 29, 2019
Y are you using logistics pipes? AE is much more compact and you can make an autocrafting-system that can almost autocraft galgadorian on its own (you have to provide basic materials)...
i use one for one big reason. i can order on anything from any where in the world or any dimension, plus i can drop items in it from any where too. so no enchumberment. i will get a AE for auto crafting but for now, im fine.

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
fel, like your LP series(es?). To be honest diamonds aren't terribly useful besides galgadorian and a couple of things early-game, but I got plenty from hammering fallen meteors to get iron anyway. I haven't found a volcano either, but it's also really easy to generate your own lava using a cobblegen, ex nihilo crucibles, and buildcraft pipes (which never runs out and isn't stuck far away from your base!).

Also, does anyone know how to make enhanced galgadorian? I'm not sure how to make the larger lumps of galgadorian since NEI doesn't seem to show a recipe (2x2 doesn't work), and the only other way I know is a more convoluted path that means I have to somehow put blood in a vat... I want to make a galgadorian drill to finish up the farming chapter, but I can't seem to find a way to do it. I'm using 1.3.0 if that matters.
lol thanks!
That is true I guess, it is just a nice novelty to hoard.

Also I am looking to construct a Nether mob grinder so I will have plenty of lava on hand.

You can make an AE system that can autocraft and autoprocess stuff using the crafting CPU, crafting templates and interfaces. I can show it if you want, because explaining it will be a tad difficult
Ha ha, bit of a brain fart.
I forgot about the AE computer systems, ok yeah I can see how that could work I guess but I figure manual crafting works just as well imo...
Not really worth it to be bothered into constructing an elaborate computer just for that.

Yeah but I could have had a partner, that helped me out through this entire world, and we both could have helped each other, and -totally not eaten each other for food- and now all I use them for....is to smash through ores.....they will always be with me, under that steel coating on my pick. AGHHHHH they are here! They are in my head GETITOUTGETITOUTGETITOUT! *goes insane once again* *stabs self with the sword Robit gives him* Ugh gg world *RojoM dies yet again to insanity...better luck next time scrub.
Except I do have a partner, a wife kind of partner.
AND a daughter. Also a priest and a steampunk testificate. I have the way to repopulate the Earth!

i use one for one big reason. i can order on anything from any where in the world or any dimension, plus i can drop items in it from any where too. so no enchumberment. i will get a AE for auto crafting but for now, im fine.
You raise a good point, the logistics pipes definitely sound more useful to me.

kowy

Jul 29, 2019
Also I am looking to construct a Nether mob grinder so I will have plenty of lava on hand.

From dungeons u'll need 3 items ! Division sigil, pearl oyster and ender lily
*** Division sigil - curse earth witch u'll use for mob farm and make blood in Tinkers construct smeltery
*** Pearl Oyster - used to craft a jewelry - preferable max durability(necklace). Superman enchant - u should fly in cost of jewelry durability. And second enchant never hunger ! Same deal but with hunger ! (~20-30 level is enough to have level 2-3 of enchant ! )
Having superman, u shall focus on volcano where u can get a block breaker in combination with crucible - infinite lava and compressed, double compressed cobblestone ! Loot is on top of volcano !
*** Ender lily - enderpearls

Logistic pipes
About that !
Active supplier module - which can be used for blacksmith anvil - recipe is disabled
It's good for starting sorting but later ->crafting table uses a lot of power -> 500k LP from buff of 2kk LP (1LP = 2RF), it means that u can craft 4 items not more, from a full buffer ! U can sort items, definitely not to craft afterwall !

I forgot about the AE computer systems, ok yeah I can see how that could work I guess but I figure manual crafting works just as well imo...
Not really worth it to be bothered into constructing an elaborate computer just for that.

Infused Galgadorian block - Lot of work to obtain it
- focusing on automation game gets much easier ! That's why Ae is so powerful + it's cheap autocrafter
AE -> lots of nether quarts -> best way is Conjuration Catalyst from botania. Having ~ 32 thermalilys - u'll have a good and fast mana pool !
From mekanism - Crusher should be first

Early game not to be starved u can eat grilled monster jerky witch gives 10 sec buff of saturation - u should not worry about nutrition value !

Hydration
Armor combining with camel pack will give u Armored camel Pack !
I haven't tested but i saw someone on of youtube using Aerial interface from pneumatic craft to replenish his camel pack armor !

Liquid Pumping
Use Fluid Conduit form ender IO ! Glass crafting with chissel u can obtain Quite Clear Glass ! That saves u from making tons of Pipe Sealants @

Last edited:

kpp

Jul 29, 2019
*** Division sigil - curse earth witch u'll use for mob farm and make blood in Tinkers construct smeltery
*** Pearl Oyster - used to craft a jewelry - preferable max durability(necklace). Superman enchant - u should fly in cost of jewelry durability. And second enchant never hunger ! Same deal but with hunger ! (~20-30 level is enough to have level 2-3 of enchant ! )
Having superman, u shall focus on volcano where u can get a block breaker in combination with crucible - infinite lava and compressed, double compressed cobblestone ! Loot is on top of volcano !

Logistic pipes
About that !
Active supplier module - which can be used for blacksmith anvil - recipe is disabled
It's good for starting sorting but later ->crafting table uses a lot of power -> 500k LP from buff of 2kk LP (1LP = 2RF), it means that u can craft 4 items not more, from a full buffer ! U can sort items, definitely not to craft afterwall !

- focusing on automation game gets much easier ! That's why Ae is so powerful + it's cheap autocrafter
AE -> lots of nether quarts -> best way is Conjuration Catalyst from botania. Having ~ 32 thermalilys - u'll have a good and fast mana pool !

Early game not to be starved u can eat grilled monster jerky witch gives 10 sec buff of saturation - u should not worry about nutrition value !

Hydration
I haven't tested but i saw someone on of youtube using Aerial interface from pneumatic craft to replenish his camel pack armor !

Liquid Pumping
Use Fluid Conduit form ender IO ! Glass crafting with chissel u can obtain Quite Clear Glass ! That saves u from making tons of Pipe Sealants @

Look at my earlier post, that's what i did for hydration. and logistics pipe are the way the go. you can order stuff from anywhere and any dimension. you can drop stuff into from any dimension, so no encumberment. the supplier pipe(not card) with a extractor card in a separate pipe works fine with the anvil, you dont need the active supplier card. and when i get a AE system, i can connect storage buses to all the chest the pipes are connected to and use the AE just for automation and auto crafting. and F*** jewerly, the wings from the unstable ingots are better and the healing axes does well for hunger too.
ss+(2015-05-11+at+07.31.04).jpg

Lagman

Jul 29, 2019
Y are you using logistics pipes? AE is much more compact and you can make an autocrafting-system that can almost autocraft galgadorian on its own (you have to provide basic materials)...

Why do you need logistics pipes you ask? Then I ask you why do you need Applied Energistics. Why did Algorithx2 make both? Why is he supporting both of them? Why did he make them compatible? Why do you think he made them compatible? Because one is the best and the other one is best. None of them can do what the other one can do. So much questions and only one answer: Because they are cool in completely different ways. Look up Direwolf20s tutorials on them to see why.

Reactions: kpp

Foxdemon

Jul 29, 2019
i didnt say you should stop using logistics pipes. I am just saying that ME is a much more compact storage and can autocraft much faster and simpler than logistic pipes. You can combo an me-interface with logistic pipes for requesting stuff. Putting stuff away is just with enderpouch, enderchest and import bus. I think ME is much more userfriendly and compact. No need for physical chests and its so much faster. Logistic pipes has its uses, but dont deny that ME is sometimes better ;)

EDIT: i dont watch other peoples videos to use their ideas, i make them up myself. I used both systems and only found the interdimensional requesting better in L.P. If you know more things which LP can do better, i would like to hear them so i can question or use it

Foxdemon

Jul 29, 2019
lol thanks!
That is true I guess, it is just a nice novelty to hoard.

Ha ha, bit of a brain fart.

AND a daughter. Also a priest and a steampunk testificate. I have the way to repopulate the Earth!

I dont use AE just for autocrafting galgadorian and the system is actually very simple, small and cheap. The whole point of AE is that you can hook it up to your whole base and control everything from and with it. Tomorrow i will build a big cobblegen with annihilation planes or nodes and make a lot of crucibles so i can store lots of cobblestone and lava in my system. Lava is used in almost everything so it will be usefull to have it everywhere. after that ill probably completely automate my oreprocessing so my drone and i can just dump all loot and ores in my system and the system will process it all for me.

RojoM

Jul 29, 2019
#Foreveralone here xD. That part of MCA goes against my morals, but whats the point of finding a wife/husband and having kids? And why repopulate the world when you can join the rest of humanity in space? The pack is called blastoff for a reason.
In other news, I have made a lot of progress. I Finally upgraded my dead partner pickaxe to paper rod/slime binding (the slime part nearly killed me)/ alumite head! Is pursuing Eureka a good mod path early game? Because i spent a lot on a powered furnace and Im wondering if I should spend more on other parts of the mod. Also, Im setting up a perimeter ditch and arrow towers around my base (#timetostrike). How big should I make it? Like how much space am I probably going to use throughout the modpack? Its getting cramped in my lil' base. Also, are meteor picks a bit of an exploit. Im personally not making em because they are OP but are they an exploit to you @karmarcharger .

Foxdemon

Jul 29, 2019
#Foreveralone here xD. That part of MCA goes against my morals, but whats the point of finding a wife/husband and having kids? And why repopulate the world when you can join the rest of humanity in space? The pack is called blastoff for a reason.
In other news, I have made a lot of progress. I Finally upgraded my dead partner pickaxe to paper rod/slime binding (the slime part nearly killed me)/ alumite head! Is pursuing Eureka a good mod path early game? Because i spent a lot on a powered furnace and Im wondering if I should spend more on other parts of the mod. Also, Im setting up a perimeter ditch and arrow towers around my base (#timetostrike). How big should I make it? Like how much space am I probably going to use throughout the modpack? Its getting cramped in my lil' base. Also, are meteor picks a bit of an exploit. Im personally not making em because they are OP but are they an exploit to you @karmarcharger .
Cant make em anymore... Karma disabled the crafting

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
I'm... not sure I understand what this is in reference to? It doesn't seem to match what you are quoting...? Sorry?

Logistic pipes
About that !
Really? Boo...

I guess that is true, I just never have been too big a fan of automation really. Will look into it then.

Hydration

Liquid Pumping
I have plenty of food and water, thanks.
Actually... I've never had issue with the food situation lol, but I did recently start grilling monster jerky and rotten flesh just because I have a ton of rotten flesh.

Look at my earlier post, that's what i did for hydration. and logistics pipe are the way the go. you can order stuff from anywhere and any dimension. you can drop stuff into from any dimension, so no encumberment. the supplier pipe(not card) with a extractor card in a separate pipe works fine with the anvil, you dont need the active supplier card. and when i get a AE system, i can connect storage buses to all the chest the pipes are connected to and use the AE just for automation and auto crafting. and F*** jewerly, the wings from the unstable ingots are better and the healing axes does well for hunger too.View attachment 19130
Oh, yay!

I don't think the rest of humanity is in space, it is my understanding that everyone is dead?

Also so I made a few Botania rods (specifically for the free dirt) and that includes that one vertical flight rod so I figured I would use the glider with it but I can't get the glider to glide fast...? Is there a smart moving issue or something because I turned that off.

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
I meant for you to find the MCA guys at the end... Somehow primitive mobs derped :3

kpp

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys. i found a way to Automate the Flaxbeard's Crucible for Brass Production. I'll make a video explaining how this setup work, if you guys want. just let me know.
ss+(2015-05-16+at+03.28.24).jpg

RojoM

Jul 29, 2019
I found a huge spire which seems to be symmetrical and cone like of hardened clay and have some kinda orangey thing on top (fire?) Is this a volcano? And is it worth exploring? I mean...lava + hardcore mode doesnt seem like a good comparison...

RojoM

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think the rest of humanity is in space, it is my understanding that everyone is dead?
"join the rest of humanity in space" Seeing as Robit seems to be the ommnicesent knower of all things, there are humans! Plus you were one of the last scrubs to board the ship when the nuke went booms.

RojoM

Jul 29, 2019
Also I hate posting multiple times in a row but my edit crashes my browser so...considering Im mainly going to be expanding vertically, how big of a perimeter should I dig around my base?